• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

Someone on the Witcher subreddit had an awesome idea to apply the oil paint Photoshop filter on some Witcher 3 pictures. Behold the beauty of it, GAF.
If it's even possible, someone needs to make a post process filter that makes the whole game look like this in real time.
C9bWjMo.jpg

1ReQBEB.jpg

4mOOAOK.jpg

av2nBqR.jpg

Fallout 3 and Skyrim looked exactly like their pre-release demos so I think the days of the Oblivion approach (aim high and watch as the consoles strip away then graphics features) are over. Someone posted some screens of the first Skyrim trailer recently and it looked worse than my vanilla PC copy experience.

Is your vanilla Skyrim rocking the PC HD texture pack they released later? I thought Skyrim had some semi-bullshit demos. Ultimately I won't give a shit, a new Fallout, even if it isn't by Obsidian, is something I am legitimately excited about.

Turfster

Sheva, for the love of god, STOP SHOOTING ME IN THE HEAD.

Edit: Oh god you can't combine green+red herbs if you don't have a slot free?
Or... only make one combo or something? What.
Are you kidding?

Shadownet

Banned
So I finally finished with training for today. Did I missed anything good?

Oh man, this hotel is super nice. I can't believe I'm getting to stay here. :D and next weekend as well! I get paid dinner too. I love this job.

Turfster

Why the fuck can I not request a weapon I gave to fucking Sheva to hold because of this fucking bullshit inventory system designed by a drooling 3 year old?
And no, she's not using it.

Edit: Yeah, sure, you piece of shit game, keep the rifle locked to Sheva for no reason, then send her out all by her lonely and have me play guardian angel from the other side of the street with my shitty non-long range weapons.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
No. No. What?
The inventory is one of the worst things about RE5.

RE4's inventory was definitely novel and its great for its game, but in RE5 the inventory becomes a game in an of itself. In case you're not aware, you can open up the inventory and combine bullets with your guns to quick reload, as well as use sprays. That means that if you're playing at a really fast pace and find that your ammo is low, you can line up a group of enemies, shoot the front one in the head to stagger, run up and melee them. While the melee animation is playing out, open up your menu, reload your weapons, equip a grenade, and throw the grenade down on the pile of enemies you just punched to the floor and backaway as they all blow up, then switch back to your weapon and be on your way. It all ties together in a super rad way.

Edit: Also, since it seems like you're playing singleplayer, I guess I should say that I played through the game Co-op which probably helped it be great.

Yeah, the combat system is fine in a vacuum, the problem is that the encounter design, set pieces and bosses are crap compared to RE4, which means the combat system feels kind of wasted. Sort of like RE6 actually.

I think this is sort of true. The bosses overall are definitely pretty bad, and not all of the encounters live up to the best of RE4, but when the combat encounters are done well it feels reallly good, and I think it works really well with the games improved combat.

The execution combat playground in the first chapter for example really lets you play around with your moveset and its a blast.

Dsyndrome

Just finished LiS Ep 3, they really did go all
Butterfly Effect
with the story. And goddamn at that ending. I think I said it before, but they better not end the game with Max
offing herself or never meeting Chloe like in Butterfly Effect

Why the fuck can I not request a weapon I gave to fucking Sheva to hold because of this fucking bullshit inventory system designed by a drooling 3 year old?

Edit: Yeah, sure, you piece of shit game, keep the rifle locked to Sheva for no reason, then send her out all by her lonely and have me play guardian angel from the other side of the street with my shitty non-long range weapons.

Bruh, at some point you just have to stop and ask yourself if it's worth it to keep playing.

Jawmuncher

Bruh, at some point you just have to stop and ask yourself if it's worth it to keep playing.

I'm blaming the user and not the game . RE5 is still the best action RE.

Also the inventory is awesome, quick access to everything. Better than load screen puzzle game RE4.

Asgaro

Anything stupid happen yet? This is the first year in a while that I'm not drinking with a bunch a people and laughing at it; mostly because I'm currently poor as shit and living in the middle of no where right now

I think not.

Last year was pretty hilarious with the one male presentator referring with 'hashtag MILF' to the other female presentator.

Dsyndrome

Anything I should be doing besides messing with Durante's fix for Deadly Premonition? Not even having everything up to Ultra, and I'm getting 14FPS with the opening. Wtf...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anything I should be doing besides messing with Durante's fix for Deadly Premonition? Not even having everything up to Ultra, and I'm getting 14FPS with the opening. Wtf...

You might actually need to raise the settings to get it to run well. The game is a bit odd.
Also you should probably look at the DPfix thread for all the other stuff you need to do to it.

Nzyme32

I screencapped it.

JaseC, please explain. :p

lol%20australia.png

"Lee Lin Chin is an Indonesian-born Australian television presenter and journalist of Chinese descent. She is best known for her association with the SBS Network and is the weekend presenter of SBS World News addressing a multi-cultural audience. She has been part of SBS for many years."

Dsyndrome

You might actually need to raise the settings to get it to run well. The game is a bit odd.
Also you should probably look at the DPfix thread for all the other stuff you need to do to it.

Will do, will have to go through that thread from the start. It may just be the movies that are messed up, since when I got to the initial dream sequence, it was 60FPS.

Turfster

Yes Sheva, thank you for pointing the light in the completely opposite direction from the enemies approaching.
Everyone defending this turd never ever played it single player, admit it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Will do, will have to go through that thread from the start. It may just be the movies that are messed up, since when I got to the initial dream sequence, it was 60FPS.

Yeah the new pre-rendered movies seem a bit choppy no matter what but they're in short supply anyways.

rtcn63

Yes Sheva, thank you for pointing the light in the completely opposite direction from the enemies approaching.

I have, and multiple times. It's definitely a flawed game, but I personally still think it's worth playing for the combat. I like how you can pick up multiple copies of weapons, so you can arm Sheva to mirror you if you have a particular ammo surplus.

RE6's skill system is a complete joke compared to RE4 and RE5. In the latter games, it's actually enjoyable and addictive to upgrade your weapons. RE6 improved the combat but excised the soul, man.

Jawmuncher

Beat it single player on veteran. Starting from scratch.
utgan3ad8uz1.gif

I have, and multiple times. It's definitely a flawed game, but I personally still think it's worth playing for the combat. I like how you can pick up multiple copies of weapons, so you can arm Sheva to mirror you if you have a particular ammo surplus.

RE6's skill system is a complete joke compared to RE4 and RE5. In the latter games, it's actually enjoyable and addictive to upgrade your weapons. RE6 improved the combat but excised the soul, man.

Yeah it did in a way. The skill system really is trash and does not need to return at all. They just need to let you customize load outs like RE Mercs 3D.

Ventara

Someone on the Witcher subreddit had an awesome idea to apply the oil paint Photoshop filter on some Witcher 3 pictures. Behold the beauty of it, GAF.
If it's even possible, someone needs to make a post process filter that makes the whole game look like this in real time.

Those look pretty awesome! Urgh, though it just makes it harder for me to resist jumping straight into the game. I still haven't played 1 and 2, and plan to go through them first before starting up 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom