• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nationalism.
It's like the Grammy's but people care slightly more about it
it's like reality tv right?

the only one i used to watch religiously was america's next top model since it was like pretty people with dumb personalities drama which i can appreciate

never could get into like singing contests or whatever

If it's any consolation, we don't let Murika in either.
nahh i'm fine :p

I enjoy UI when it is subtle and not too busy and not too much into my face.

Which the vanilla UI was.
yeah but that one is ugly

ugly is no good

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sorry, but all this complaining about RE5 is just funny. Only problem of the game is AI is crap, making impossible to finishi the game on solo on Professional. In other difficulties like normal, it's not even a problem.

Eh, the bosses are all around pretty bad, and zombies with guns are nothing but infuriating. The fun level of the game takes a pretty noticeable dip once zombies start using machine guns. It changes from a fast paced action shooting hybrid to a slow cover based shooter.

Miguel81

Playing RE6 on Pro(first run) was less of a hassle than going through RE5 single player. I don't like the babysitting factor in that game. It's a shame because it's extremely polished in the gameplay department.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
11247002_771292589655242_2256332651508427815_o.jpg
Like a sexy boss.

yeah but that one is ugly

ugly is no good
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Vanilla was not looking good for me. The dark colors, simple backgrounds and "free floating" UI elements make it look much more easier on the eyes.

You got a link to that mod? That looks much nicer.
Sure! Here the full list if mods I am using.

Quick guide on modding.
Make a folder "Override" in "\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\".
Paste mod files directly in the override folder. Done!
(few mods need more work. read readme in those cases)

Vanilla was not looking good for me. The dark colors, simple backgrounds and "free floating" UI elements make it look much more easier on the eyes.

Quick guide on modding.

Thanks a lot man, I'm going to download those now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eh, the bosses are all around pretty bad, and zombies with guns are nothing but infuriating. The fun level of the game takes a pretty noticeable dip once zombies start using machine guns. It changes from a fast paced action shooting hybrid to a slow cover based shooter.

Maijini with guns aren't as bad as Bio6's. Especially on harder difficulties where getting nailed by 6's will roll you into a stun-lock loop at times.

rtcn63

Maijini with guns aren't as bad as Bio6's. Especially on harder difficulties where getting nailed by 6's will roll you into a stun-lock loop at times.

I for the life of me never understood why that was implemented. I mean, being knocked down when ALL of your health is depleted and you enter fight for your life, sure. But each time you lost a health block? One of the numerous things that hurt the immersion.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm so proud of myself, I've had my first raging Steam user on the greenlight project I posted earlier.

Replied to him as I said I would reply to everything, but stopped at a certain point.

3b8f491aa96a86de9b08935076058cf7.png

a21531d5f017067bb8bce5504f6b5616.png

42af13b8b78734ca253cdc2a5266d938.png

73eff02c3f04caea39ee22974d9fe197.png

c3519a6e6ed7d5577af25ab92a50035b.png

c336661d706bf1d2b9d9ef17716ed89d.png

a93c0e90f30557cfd22325a845ba5e95.png

d3bbd1401f9e59609843d26401df02b4.png

I hadn't really thought about it, while the best course of action would of been to not respond at all, I think I handled it decently. Kind of fun to see how it goes with people trying to pin you into corners to make you out as something amusing to them. But having a raging Steam user is a valuable learning experience, and he can be my first.
Though this is an experimentation project with a game I made relatively quickly, but see how it goes, so far better than expected, but I did release the game to some praise elsewhere so some of them may be helping, graphics are bad so surprised it's doing so well.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Oh don't get me wrong, RE6's is way worse! But RE5's enemies with guns are still rotten

Every single fucking chainsaw dude, Sheva pushes me into him, killing me.
The AI revolution has begun.

So, I haven't played single player, but it's worth noting that with the transition to Steamworks there were apparently some bugs introduced. They've been fixing stuff, but some things might still be buggy. I don't know that any of your problems are certainly related to that, but you seem to be having a hell of an awful time, worse than even most who dislike the game it seems.

Dusk Golem

I haven't played RE5 single player, but maybe it'd help to command Sheva to stay somewhere with a sniper, tell her to wait and leave her out of the way?

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm so proud of myself, I've had my first raging Steam user on the greenlight project I posted earlier.

Replied to him as I said I would reply to everything, but stopped at a certain point.

I hadn't really thought about it, while the best course of action would of been to not respond at all, I think I handled it decently. Kind of fun to see how it goes with people trying to pin you into corners to make you out as something amusing to them. But having a raging Steam user is a valuable learning experience, and he can be my first.
Though this is an experimentation project with a game I made relatively quickly, but see how it goes, so far better than expected, but I did release the game to some praise elsewhere so some of them may be helping, graphics are bad so surprised it's doing so well.
lol that's quite the milestone

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Yo, don't pay that dude too much mind. He is a troll. It's almost absolutely certain that he didn't play the game, only looked at the pictures/videos. In the future I'd probably just not bother responding to it. Valid criticisms you should absolutely take to heart, but that dude was just trying to stir you up.

Dusk Golem

Yo, don't pay that dude too much mind. He is a troll. It's almost absolutely certain that he didn't play the game, only looked at the pictures/videos. In the future I'd probably just not bother responding to it. Valid criticisms you should absolutely take to heart, but that dude was just trying to stir you up.

I know, but I had decided to respond to everything, unless it was spam or offensive or something of the sort, I just view the raging Steam user to be a sort of milestone, since it unfortunately comes with the territory, but I'm actually not upset. The game I made I only posted to Greenlight after very positive (surprisingly so from me, since graphically my game looks terrible) on other sites like GamesJolt and RPG Maker Net, so decided to experiment. And he's the first raging one, so was fun, especially after seeing so many devs handle some people like this kind of poorly. The best course is to not respond, but I find it valuable to learn.

gabbo

Quick guide on modding.

Now that i'm going back through the first two before I jump into W3, some of these might be a nice change

Turfster

I haven't played RE5 single player, but maybe it'd help to command Sheva to stay somewhere with a sniper, tell her to wait and leave her out of the way?

You uh, can't do that any more.
You could in RE4, but not in RE5, because that would make too much sense.
Remember how I said this was RE4 but shittier and brokener?
Yup.

Dusk Golem

Yup.

Yai, I thought there were some partner commands, like, "GO, WAIT," etc. I've played and beaten Resident Evil 5 a large number of times, my playtime on the 360 was over 600 hours, on Steam it's over 50 (got it later), but I've only ever played with other people. On the 360 I almost 100% the game, only achievement missing is the one you have to do in Single Player, compliment the AI partner a certain number of times after a headshot, as I never play with the AI.

Turfster

Yai, I thought there were some partner commands, like, "GO, WAIT," etc.

There's a "cover" and "attack" mode, but... that doesn't really change anything?
(Well, it switches weapons based on the damage they do and makes her waste even more ammo so she becomes even more useless)

Dusk Golem

Just bought Pacman Champion DX+ Eat All You Want Edition

I have to say I'm loving it! Nostalgic explosions *_*

Pac Man's that weird retro hero who still gets some retro-styled games that are quite good. The recently announced 'glitching' Pac-Man game also has my interest.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Just bought Pacman Champion DX+ Eat All You Want Edition

I have to say I'm loving it! Nostalgic explosions *_*

Fun tip, if you download the demo version of the game, all of the sound effects and music are stored as basic OGG files and make some kick ass notification tones on a phone

Jawmuncher

Yup.

If you hold B and press down on the Dpad she falls back. Sheva isn't a issue as a AI so long as you treat her like you would a coop partner rather than a AI. If you just try to pack mule her she isn't going to be worth a Damn. If you upgrade your stuff upgrade her as well.

I'm making a note here, Turfster doesn't know how to play Resident Evil games.

also why you scared and not making your game joinable. Complaining about AI but not even having the option of coop.

Turfster

If you hold B and press down on the Dpad she falls back. Sheva isn't a issue as a AI so long as you treat her like you would a coop partner rather than a AI. If you just try to pack mule her she isn't going to be worth a Damn. If you upgrade your stuff upgrade her as well.

Her stuff is updated, and as noted above, I know about the switch.
She has a pistol, H&K and rifle.
It sort of works, except for the "specials" like the stupid chainsaw dudes.

Jawmuncher

Her stuff is updated, and as noted above, I know about the switch.
She has a pistol, H&K and rifle.
It sort of works, except for the "specials" like the stupid chainsaw dudes.

Dunno, you really shouldn't be having much trouble then. Then again people complain about Sheva even now. But even my first playthrough I never had an issue with her, so I don't know exactly what I did differently from others.

rtcn63

Yeah, I don't recall her getting in the away when fighting chainsaw dudes. When I'd fight them, I'd use an upgraded shotgun or magnum and just spam shots until they were dead.

rtcn63

To be fair, he does seem to be new to third-person RE, where as most of us have played it multiples times. It's like when I first started Dark Souls and after like 20 hours, never made it out of Undead Burg. I honestly didn't know how to play, not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom