• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd almost be tempted to give the multiplayer in Beyond Earth a shot if it didn't mean setting aside an entire afternoon (and probably wasn't dead) to 100% this game. Assuming I'd even last 300-400 turns, which I probably wouldn't.

SDL3FlN.jpg;

iosefe

I'd almost be tempted to give the multiplayer in Beyond Earth a shot if it didn't mean setting aside an entire afternoon (and probably wasn't dead) to 100% this game. Assuming I'd even last 300-400 turns, which I probably wouldn't.

SDL3FlN.jpg;

super small map duel, lowest difficulty. island. etc

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Met a guy a few weeks ago who was a gamer... "except I can't play games with spiders. I am EXTREMELY ARACHNOPHOBIC". zkylon are you living in Alberta? Did you just go on a cruise?

Turfster

Zkylon's evil twin Skylon. Did he have a goatee? All evil dudes have goatees.
Maybe zky-zky is the one with a goatee.
shamalamadingdongtwist.jpg

-

Oh, good, a "just jump over there Sheva and take care of infected guys on your own and get one-shotted because you're all stuck in the wall" section.

Looks like I'll have to wait a few weeks to play Van Helsing III, it's a bit of a buggy mess atm. First you can't play one of the classes as it bugs out the graphics ( the one I wanted to), hard crash when trying to enchant items, UI is all over the place and achievements popping at random or not at all.

Miguel81

Déjà vu part 1 has been much easier, and I'm expecting shorter, than both Uninvited and Shadowgate. There are less useless items to pick up so that helps avoid confusion. After Shadowgate, this is my favorite of the MacVenture games with the whole 40s noir setting. The main character is an amnesiac and you help him slowly piece together his identity by going through various indoor/outdoor locations, getting clues, collecting items, and conversing with questionable characters. The zojoi site has the games on sale and you get humble drm-free copies and steam keys which is pretty rad.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So... I think I said here before that I've never played a VN where I did not see a grammatical error or typo?

Blue Rose was going so well... until:

Read it in a cockney accent and the problem disappears, it does.

zkylon

zkylewd
Met a guy a few weeks ago who was a gamer... "except I can't play games with spiders. I am EXTREMELY ARACHNOPHOBIC". zkylon are you living in Alberta? Did you just go on a cruise?
i wish

not the alberta part (what's alberta), the cruise part

i could use a vacation

Zkylon's evil twin Skylon. Did he have a goatee? All evil dudes have goatees.
what if skylon's the nice one and i'm the evil one

Maybe zky-zky is the one with a goatee.

gross

Sch1sm

not the alberta part (what's alberta)

A province in Canada. Western.

So I tried playing TW1 today, and it didn't last very long, mainly due to frustration with cursor issues. It shows up in main game, through combat and everything, but minute I hit a menu/inventory and the like, I'm SOL. Every time they told me to take "x" potion at the beginning, I was ready to give up. Why. First I thought it was an issue with Windows 8.1, but it's happening on my Mac, too.
T.T

Just finished the main campaign of Valkyria Chronicles. What a game. Where has this game been all my life? (Oh yeah...not on Steam.) Weird that only 5% of players or so beat the game. I don't know if I'm gonna go for all the achievements - A-ranking everything might get tedious - but I think I can get some more mileage out of it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone's offered me a gift copy of XAM in exchange for CSI. I looked into the game and it seems Early Access sales weren't quite enough, forcing the devs to put development on hold while an investor is found... but that was more than six months ago now. One of the devs is still active on Steam, though, so I'll try bugging him for a key first.

Turfster

Awesome.
RE5 is now showing 2 different scenes thanks to the double buffers being all fucked.
Right after the
fucking licker room
too.

zkylon

zkylewd
A province in Canada. Western.
i c

my canadian geography isn't too great

Just finished the main campaign of Valkyria Chronicles. What a game. Where has this game been all my life? (Oh yeah...not on Steam.) Weird that only 5% of players or so beat the game. I don't know if I'm gonna go for all the achievements - A-ranking everything might get tedious - but I think I can get some more mileage out of it.
such an awesome game, it has a few flaws but the art style/music and story/themes/characters are fantastic and the gameplay is pretty good, tho i'm not a fan of many aspects of it

i wouldn't recommend going for a rank on all missions, it's mostly based on number of turns which is kind of restrictive imo and it's not really that fun to play over and over again since it's not really like a vvvvvv insta-restart kind of thing

Someone's offered me a gift copy of XAM in exchange for CSI. I looked into the game and it seems Early Access sales weren't quite enough, forcing the devs to put development on hold while an investor is found... but that was more than six months ago now. One of the devs is still active on Steam, though, so I'll try bugging him for a key first.

someone should make a neo noir indie film about saoirse's shady backstreet obscure game deals

Lain

I'm so proud of myself, I've had my first raging Steam user on the greenlight project I posted earlier.

Replied to him as I said I would reply to everything, but stopped at a certain point.

http://i.gyazo.com/3b8f491aa96a86de9b08935076058cf7.png
http://i.gyazo.com/a21531d5f017067bb8bce5504f6b5616.png
http://i.gyazo.com/42af13b8b78734ca253cdc2a5266d938.png
http://i.gyazo.com/73eff02c3f04caea39ee22974d9fe197.png
http://i.gyazo.com/c3519a6e6ed7d5577af25ab92a50035b.png
http://i.gyazo.com/c336661d706bf1d2b9d9ef17716ed89d.png
http://i.gyazo.com/a93c0e90f30557cfd22325a845ba5e95.png
http://i.gyazo.com/d3bbd1401f9e59609843d26401df02b4.png

I hadn't really thought about it, while the best course of action would of been to not respond at all, I think I handled it decently. Kind of fun to see how it goes with people trying to pin you into corners to make you out as something amusing to them. But having a raging Steam user is a valuable learning experience, and he can be my first.
Though this is an experimentation project with a game I made relatively quickly, but see how it goes, so far better than expected, but I did release the game to some praise elsewhere so some of them may be helping, graphics are bad so surprised it's doing so well.

Yes you handled it pretty fine but you shouldn't have replied at all imo.
I applaud the sentiment of replying to both positive and negative comments but I don't believe outright trolls deserve to be acknowledged.

Vibranium

Banned
Awesome.
RE5 is now showing 2 different scenes thanks to the double buffers being all fucked.
Right after the
fucking licker room
too.

Sounds like it might be good to play REmake after Resi 5 to wash the bad stuff out.

I'll always find it funny how Bethesda marketed The Evil Within as "true survival horror is back". Mikami really should grab his old game on PC and re-examine the mechanics.

zkylon

zkylewd
Speaking of broadcasting, who here has turned it completely off now that they realize they lose 5~10 fps with it on?
really?

gonna disable it then

i wish i could broadcast my league games since some ppl's been asking to but it just destroys my ping

Salsa

spent literally all day replaying my 25 hours of the witcher 3 but now on the hardest difficulty

had more fun redoing that than playing life is strange 10 times

Miguel81

Sounds like it might be good to play REmake after Resi 5 to wash the bad stuff out.

I'll always find it funny how Bethesda marketed The Evil Within as "true survival horror is back". Mikami really should grab his old game on PC and re-examine the mechanics.

If Turfster hasn't played REmake, he should definitely give it a shot after 5. A change of pace is always a good idea so as not to burn out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
spent literally all day replaying my 25 hours of the witcher 3 but now on the hardest difficulty

had more fun redoing that than playing life is strange 10 times

I've restarted the game three or four times now as I can't settle on a difficulty, haha. I don't think I'll ever make it out of White Orchid. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom