• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

Starring the garbage peddler from The Inner World:

(Somebody made a gif of him, but I can't find it.)

Also, speaking of films, somebody made a mock movie poster for Life is Strange. I bet it was Fish.

Here you go:

iTEjGcJ5riV1j.gif

ibe8Ksbtu6wDuf.gif

How I worked my magic:
(Only for CHROME master race members.)

- Right click your image and pick "Search Google for this image".

- In result page, click "Visually similar images".

- In the filters of the resulting page, go to Type filter and choose "Animated".

edit: I don't see the gifs anymore? Probably don't allow hotlinking?
Here the original pages:
http://minus.com/lTEjGcJ5riV1j
http://minus.com/lbe8Ksbtu6wDuf

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here you go:

iTEjGcJ5riV1j.gif

ibe8Ksbtu6wDuf.gif

How I worked my magic:
(Only for CHROME master race members.)

- Right click your image and pick "Search Google for this image".

- In result page, click "Visually similar images".

- In the filters of the resulting page, go to Type filter and choose "Animated".

Cheers. I searched GIS for animated images of TIW but didn't get anywhere. I'll upload it to my Abload gallery before I lose it again. ;)

Chariot

Urgh, took a chery coke from the kitchen and sitting now at some playground drinking cherry coke and posting on GAF. The eveny still didn't start. I wanna go home and play Witcher :,(

Jawmuncher

Stand on a hill and watch a storm roll in.

Then grab a coffee.

Relaxing.

Play some RE5 and show a certain someone how it's really done.

Devs don't give a shit about you.

That's why we haven't had a good dinosaur game in a decade. ;_;

Not enough dinosaurs, I imagine. I would say "freak", buuuut I understand. If I had an insatiable thirst and fetish for dinosaurs... I wouldn't be liking it either.

On the bright side, Jurassic World, man.

I'm sure someone already have Witcher 3: Dino Hunt in mind, just wait for the mods tool to be released.

Best to just kick back with a game that you know you'll enjoy atm. No point in forcing yourself to play something until you're in the right mindset.

No problem. There would be no kings without peasants after all.

I think I am just on too much of a kick for other things right now. So going into Swords and Fantasy just isn't doing it. That and I was hoping I could just do story content, but it looks like i'll have to do side quests whether I like it or not.

Chariot

I think I am just on too much of a kick for other things right now. So going into Swords and Fantasy just isn't doing it. That and I was hoping I could just do story content, but it looks like i'll have to do side quests whether I like it or not.
You actually don't have to. In fact, the story is the only thing that offers reasonable amounts of experience. Well and contracts, but you can easily just progress by just doingthe story... if that's it what you really want.

Jawmuncher

You actually don't have to. In fact, the story is the only thing that offers reasonable amounts of experience. Well and contracts, but you can easily just progress by just doingthe story... if that's it what you really want.

I'm level 3 from doing just story content and yet everything im fighting is like level 6.

Jawmuncher

Teh continue with the story, three levels above you is not a problem at all. When in doubt you still can put the difficulty down since story is all you want.

I must fucking suck. 3 levels above beat my ass. and i'm on Story & Sword.
Had to hide behind a house to draw in AI at one point.

zkylon

zkylewd

tbh if you're playing a rpg and don't want to do sidequests you probably shouldn't be playing an rpg

it's like the reason why you play the game

didamangi

I must fucking suck. 3 levels above beat my ass. and i'm on Story & Sword.
Had to hide behind a house to draw in AI at one point.

Since your still just on level 3 I suggest using Quen. Dodge and not roll/block for most things and you'll do fine since most enemies telegraph their attack easily. Also you can cut down the number of mobs by hacking them on horseback.

I'm playing on Death March and most things kills you with 1/2 hits so I rely on Quen a lot for the earlier levels. I found you can be pretty powerful already on level 8 though with more powers and abilities.

980? 980 SLI? Titan X? Quad way Titan X?
(also whatever Team Red has on offer). x70 series are mid-lowhigh range GPUs
970 is pretty high. Don't let nvidia let you skew your views by offering crazy enthusiast cards like titan x.
There is no game 970 won't be able to tackle at 60fps with many bells and whistles.

This is great!
I learned the combat perfectly. It feels better to me than Dark Souls 1 or 2 ever did, at this point.
The new dodge move was a brilliant addition. It all feels so snappy and responsive, Geralt finally feels like the bad ass motherfucker from the books.

In other news, this made me laugh

CFtcNAIWEAAa7jN.jpg:large

Chariot

Jesus already an hour of speeches. I am stsrting to believe that vietnamese isn't a real language and those people just make up words as they go.

JaseC

I pressed F5 to quicksave TW3 and it crashed instead. The game has now crashed on me more times than Unity did... in the space of a few hours.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I SAID, THE TUTORIAL TOWN HERBALIST LADY'S DOOR STAYED CLOSED THE ENTIRE TIME. IT MUST HAVE BEEN THAT STATUE BY THE ROAD QUEST THAT OPENS UP SOME TRAVELLING HERBALIST.

I have about 30 honeycombs too.
That can't be it, I found that guy as well. You should have met her through White Orchard's main-quest. At a certain point you'll have to find both a certain hunter and aHerbalist. Unless you found the ingredient already, that might lock her out after leaving White Orchard.

She gives just a little bit more gold for honeycombs then other herbalists. Don't worry, it's not really worth it. No quest related to it either.
And On Death's Bed is a short, in my case really sad side-story. You don't miss a lot by not being able to see that one.

Heck, i'm sure i'll miss most of the games quests and secrets. Especially after turning off the POI's. Makes exploration even more rewarding.
It's so big, there's so much and it's all so gooood.

I was pretty sure i'd enjoy it, but I never thought I would love it this much. Incredible game.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I totally missed her because I took the ingredient before by exploring underwater...so was there a quest related to herbalist?
Yeah, but you should be able to enter her house after receiving that quest. Dunno if it's still possible after leaving White Orchard.
She's got a sick patient. You get the choice either to help her by crafting a Swallow potion or letting her go peacefully.

JaseC

If you installed latest Nvidia drivers, revert back. Also be sure to set fullscreen instead of borderless window. Anyway I just reached Velen, I'm level 4 and all my enemies are level 7 to 10. I did all side in the first area, I'm not experimenting problems but I need to spend time and play carefully to avoid death, dunno if it's normal enemies are 6 levels beyond me.

It's not much of an issue at the moment. I'd rather keep triple buffering (Nvidia's option to force it is virtually useless as it only applies to OpenGL games).

Wonder if you can access console and use a manual save like in Bethesda's games.

You can manually save whenever you please. A tooltip suggests doing so liberally due to the likelihood of happening upon a tough encounter.

Maxwood

Door is closed and I never met her. How do you receive the side?
Her patient is probably dead and the side-quest unavailable.
You've already left White Orchard, right?

L.O.R.D

Of course the teacher looks super serious, the girl just tried to kill her :p

ops , i meant she look super confidence, its like in anime when weak character trying to hit very powerful character

===

i just made this

ezgif-1532383091.gif

better yet

ezgif-3787887365.gif

i am a teacher , and i am thinking in the same way right now

didamangi

It's not much of an issue at the moment. I'd rather keep triple buffering (Nvidia's option to force it is virtually useless as it only applies to OpenGL games)

The game already has triple buffering with vsync on though, so no need for borderless if you need it just for tb.

Jawmuncher

Ya hurtin' ma hear, man.

It is called side content.

Since your still just on level 3 I suggest using Quen. Dodge and not roll/block for most things and you'll do fine since most enemies telegraph their attack easily. Also you can cut down the number of mobs by hacking them on horseback.

I'm playing on Death March and most things kills you with 1/2 hits so I rely on Quen a lot for the earlier levels. I found you can be pretty powerful already on level 8 though with more powers and abilities.

Ok I'll try again before hanging it up.

Jawmuncher

It's called side boob and I would for my life not miss out on it for the side boob is partnof the overall boob. And thus expetience isn't as good when a huge chunk of flesh is missing at the side of the womanly breast.

Well I can't really argue with this.

Still not doing side quests though. It's just not who I am.

Sarcasm

It's not much of an issue at the moment. I'd rather keep triple buffering (Nvidia's option to force it is virtually useless as it only applies to OpenGL games).

You can manually save whenever you please. A tooltip suggests doing so liberally due to the likelihood of happening upon a tough encounter.

Yes but doing via console is faster and typically you can name it yourself. Like When I play Fallout 3, NV, Skyrim I did stuff like:

save DungeonofPoop01

lol

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The Witcher is literally someone who does side quests for a living.

Jawmuncher

I was sure SteamGAF knew I prefer my linear experiences. Even open world games I try to play in the same manner. No exploring for this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom