• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the dismemberments in W3 are pretty fantastic. I cleaved a dude clear in half.

Not to mention wandering the world is really enjoyable. The size of Velen is intimidating as hell.

hey steamgaf.

Good to see you're still around. Wish you the best dude. You know SteamGAF is here for you if you need anything! Get well soon.

Nzyme32

hey steamgaf. I'm not sure if any of you remember me but I used to frequent this thread quite a bit. not to bum you out but in case any of you have wondered about my absence it's been due to my medical leave which started about a month ago.

as it turns out, I have kidney failure. I'm now on the transplant list and I'm confident I'll be okay eventually but I just wanted to let you guys know that I still poke in here every now and again. For those that I have made somewhat friends with despite being strangers I wish you the best. And even for those that I haven't really made friends with I wish you well too. Life is precious and your health is of utmost importance. Be good to yourself.

As for me, due to the kidney failure which has affected my blood pressure pretty severely my left eye is basically blind (treatment will either be laser surgery or an injection) so I've been without the joy of games for the past month or so. But trust me when I bounce back I'll be in this thread full force :)

anyway, sorry if this was incredibly depressing. just wanted to drop by and say hello again.

Get well soon. I know a thing or two about getting hospitalised for a long time. Keep as positive as you can and note down all the stuff you want to get done when you are back in better health. It's easy to get overwhelmed or depressed, but with a bit of good spirit, motivation and organisation, you'll be kicking ass.

Dota 2 Compendium is slowed down. Few days ago when i checked it was 8,5M now is 8.9M.

http://www.dota2.com/international/compendium/

Have a look at the last two graphs of this prize pool tracker - http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2015

Last year there was a boost from new stretch goals. I think this time they are going to throw in Source 2 and whatever new modes are with that, or maybe some kind of event tied into it. It's probably the only thing that could give it a push

Jadax

Last year there was a boost from new stretch goals. I think this time they are going to throw in Source 2 and whatever new modes are with that, or maybe some kind of event tied into it. It's probably the only thing that could give it a push
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Volvo where are my immortals ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Turfster

Awesome.
Now RE5 has spawned an enemy somewhere I can't get to him - or he to me, and since it's one of those "gotta kill all the dudes before we go to the next scene", I'm hosed.
Edit: Never mind, I backtracked all the way back to the start of the map where there's a high point I could snipe him from. Took 20 rifle rounds due to the distance, but then I could watch the game try to place him lower in spurts, and after 10 tries, he finally reached ground level where I could get to him.

Salsa

waifu sim continues

l5hy4W0.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Less than 36 hours on Steam Greenlight with Close your Eyes: Redux.

Currently going better than expected, but I expect it slows down at this point and gets slower. I pushed my Steam friend list, and that did help.

Currently at 34% to breaking into the top 100 with close to 500 yes votes. My yes/no ratio is actually really good compared to the average in the top 50. Been some fun discussion. I don't know if it'll end up getting on Steam, but it's been going better than expected so far. Wondering if there's anything else I could do to promote.

I can vouch you really need to put yourself out there to succeed on Greenlight and be kind of shameless.

XShagrath

how much do you say is enough to add to my wallet for summer sale?
Why add anything? Just pay as you go. This way you don't have excess funds sitting there for months waiting for another good deal. The only reason I have funds in my wallet is because of selling cards on the market.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why add anything? Just pay as you go. This way you don't have excess funds sitting there for months waiting for another good deal. The only reason I have funds in my wallet is because of selling cards on the market.

Paying as you go isn't exactly ideal if Steam doesn't support your local currency as you either have to put up with PayPal's hand-picked exchange rates or your bank's currency conversion/international transaction fees. Having a rough idea of how much you're going to spend and topping up your wallet to accommodate that is a good way to almost entirely avoid both.

XShagrath

Paying as you go isn't exactly ideal if Steam doesn't support your local currency as you either have to put up with PayPal's hand-picked exchange rates or your bank's currency conversion/international transaction fees. Having a rough idea of how much you're going to spend and topping up your wallet to accommodate that is a good way to almost entirely avoid both.
Guess that makes sense for the non-US folk then. I didn't even think about that. I buy stuff from out of the country so infrequently that I just pay the small fees when necessary.

JaseC

Guess that makes sense for the non-US folk then. I didn't even think about that. I buy stuff from out of the country so infrequently that I just pay the small fees when necessary.

Yeah, to be honest it tends to slip my mind as well, haha. Mind you, if Steam continues to insist on flagging my card as a potentially fraudulent top-up method because of an "increase in use" then I'd rather just pay the small fees.

JaseC

When are people expecting the next Steam sale?

It'll be either next month or July. Someone recently theorised that the Summer Sale was in June last year because the Dota 2 International was in July, meaning the sale may once again be scheduled for July this year as the International is being held in August. I hope that proves to be accurate as July 1st is when tax time kicks off here and if I get in early then I should recieve my refund before the sale is over.

It'll be either next month or July. Someone recently theorised that the Summer Sale was in June last year because the Dota 2 International was in July, meaning the sale may once again be scheduled for July this year as the International is being held in August. I hope that proves to be accurate as July 1st is when tax time kicks off here and if I get in early then I should recieve my refund before the sale is over.

The gap between the Winter sale and the Summer sale is too long as it is. It's like working in the U.S. and not having a paid day off between New Year's Day and Memorial Day...

Yeah but summer in some places is winter in others

You were under the impression countries other than the U.S. actually matter?

JaseC

The gap between the Winter sale and the Summer sale is too long as it is. It's like working in the U.S. and not having a paid day off between New Year's Day and Memorial Day...

Flip your perspective! July wouldn't mean a longer wait from the end of the previous Winter Sale but rather a shorter wait until the next one begins. ;)

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
My wife is going to buy me a random game from my Wishlist for my birthday tomorrow and I'm trying to think of a great game I may be missing...

So far my list is GTA V, Lords of the Fallen, The Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4, and The Evil Within.

I have not bought a big game in a while (as you can see ;P) but I have a nagging feeling I am missing something big lol.

Some other big game that has come out in the last year?

I dunno... here are all my games

I figure this list I have is great, but I can't shake that I am forgetting something

My wife is going to buy me a random game from my Wishlist for my birthday tomorrow and I'm trying to think of a great game I may be missing...

So far my list is GTA V, Lords of the Fallen, The Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4, and The Evil Within.

I have not bought a big game in a while (as you can see ;P) but I have a nagging feeling I am missing something big lol.

I figure this list I have is great, but I can't shake that I am forgetting something

Empty your wishlist and then add the Witcher 3 back onto it.

Gaming the system is sometimes necessary to ensure the desired result.

It would be clever to remove frequently discounted games. ;)

Also don't forget:
Dark Souls 2 SotFS
MKX
Hotline Miami 2
Killing Floor 2

Hear this man out, and happy birthday in advance.

So I bought Slender The Arrival for $9.99 on xbl since my promotional balance was going to expire. I played the game, and I did enjoy it. However, the game was too short.
I got to the end when the character was being dragged, then I was like "that's it?"

I was thinking of buying this on steam too. Guess I don't have to.

I was expecting more, but I should've done some research. Oh well...

Turfster

Great, now the
Wesker
fight is bugged too.
Seriously, fuck this game.

While we're at it, stop wasting my fucking time with elaborate 30 second death animations I can't skip, Japan.
If you're going to do bullshit boss fights, don't make me sit through my death every single time.

Slender has been in a few bundles, so you could've got it on steam for pennies I think.

It's fine, my balance was going to expire so I had to spend on something and there aren't any games I was interested in getting. So Slender was my choice. I don't feel any regret tbh, but disappointed nonetheless.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy

As tempted as I am to do that, I am also very curious what she will choose. I know she will watch vids and look at screen shots from all the games and then pick one. I removed a bunch of indie games and others that I know get discounted a ton.

Should be interesting lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom