• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

My wife is going to buy me a random game from my Wishlist for my birthday tomorrow and I'm trying to think of a great game I may be missing...

So far my list is GTA V, Lords of the Fallen, The Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4, and The Evil Within.

I have not bought a big game in a while (as you can see ;P) but I have a nagging feeling I am missing something big lol.

Some other big game that has come out in the last year?

I dunno... here are all my games

I figure this list I have is great, but I can't shake that I am forgetting something

Witcher 3 or GTA V. Others are old enough that you might get them cheaper on the upcoming summer sale than both of those titles on Steam.

Get Witcher 3.

edit: oh, it's a random thing. Take out Lords of the Fallen then, not worth your time.

rtcn63

So I finally bought pizza after so many months, only to have it give me terrible digestive problems, and that's with a lactase pill. I think it's the balsamic vinaigrette.

Could've bought ten copies of bad rats.

Turfster

... And this concludes "Turfster rants about RE5."
End conclusion: Buggy, horrible mess that should never have been released as a "single player" game with shit boss fights.

... And this concludes "Turfster rants about RE5."
End conclusion: Buggy, horrible mess that should never have been released as a "single player" game with shit boss fights.

This also doubles as a rant on RE6.

RE6 sucks.

As tempted as I am to do that, I am also very curious what she will choose. I know she will watch vids and look at screen shots from all the games and then pick one. I removed a bunch of indie games and others that I know get discounted a ton.

Should be interesting lol.
I am a temptress.

FTfLEba.gif

(courtesy of the Witcher 3 |OT|)

Witcher is so good. Just finished Chapter II and I loved the Swamp! Such a great moody atmosphere.

Had a little party with Shani. Had the wrong impressions how it would play out, so calling Carmen the hoe as my +1 was not the best decision :p
But fret not, it all ended good with Shani anyway. Yes, a happy end.

Met some interesting characters in the druid place.
She jiggled very heavily but had little to say. No missions or anything.

Nearby I could decide to help either the Order or the Squirrels. Order4lyfe

The climax of Chapter II was pretty awesome though. Visually and thematically. Really liked the crime investigation and how I got fooled, haha.

Such a great gem of a game. Love the mature themes, decisions and generally non-black-white, "this is good-this is bad" doctrine of majority of games. I make decisions but I actually see point in both parties.

It's fun.

Teggy

was looking at la-mulana 2 stuff, i see they're thinking about making it a little less obtuse and more puzzle focused, and also found that christine love likes la-mulana so that's reason enough for a late pledge from me lol

I have La Mulana, but reading your impressions has pretty much made me not want to ever play it. I feel bad enough looking up a puzzle in an adventure game, I couldn't imagine playing a game with a guide open the whole time.

freshVeggie, your first screen reminds me how much I love that Witcher 3 preserved the Neverwinter Nights/Witcher 1 'floating name' aesthetic. My nostalgia for it is irresistable.

Teggy

Had a little party with Shani. Had the wrong impressions how it would play out, so calling Carmen the hoe as my +1 was not the best decision :p

LOL, I didn't know she counted as a friend. I brought Sigfried, who made a love connection with Shani that was promptly broken when Geralt handed her some flowers.

Met some interesting characters in the druid place.

She jiggled very heavily but had little to say. No missions or anything.

Well, that's a very prudish mod. She's buck naked in the unmodded directors cut.

Dsyndrome

I have La Mulana, but reading your impressions has pretty much made me not want to ever play it. I feel bad enough looking up a puzzle in an adventure game, I couldn't imagine playing a game with a guide open the whole time.

Knowing the puzzles is one thing, fighting the bosses is another. They're no walk in the park, even with a guide. You could view it as Axiom Verge meets Indiana Jones. It's still fun though, you should give it a chance.
So basically if you're not playing LiS or Witcher, don't come into SteamGAF?

EDIT: Oh, is that the first game?
Seems like someone's playing Hexcells every other day, if that floats your boat.

zkylon

zkylewd
my only problem with pledging for la-mulana 2 is that they're selling kickstarter-exclusive costumes at $10 a piece and it's just too hard to choose

2f0f46446f33f8c11a17c85902bdfa2b_large.jpg

like how can i pick one out of 7th children, kimono cowgirl and rose lady

they're all too beautiful ;_;

yeah, it's definitely not an aspect of the game i'm a big fan of

but everything else about it more than makes up for the guide thing so i'm enjoying it a lot anyways

freshVeggie, your first screen reminds me how much I love that Witcher 3 preserved the Neverwinter Nights/Witcher 1 'floating name' aesthetic. My nostalgia for it is irresistable.
yea i feel like that's something i could appreciate

So basically if you're not playing LiS or Witcher, don't come into SteamGAF?

i mean, i'm not playing either and haven't gotten anything spoiled so..

Knowing the puzzles is one thing, fighting the bosses is another. They're no walk in the park, even with a guide. You could view it as Axiom Verge meets Indiana Jones. It's still fun though, you should give it a chance.
true

and you don't have to be constantly checking a guide for like every room, but you have to check guides really often at the point i'm at

i'm sure normal people will figure shit out quicker than me tho

I tried playing without them but it feels much better with floating text. Saves me time and constant key presses to see what's interactable.
Yep. Want to play all games in order. 2&3 are waiting on the side-lines :)
Well, that's a very prudish mod. She's buck naked in the unmodded directors cut.
Say whaaaaat? I have the Director's Cut, too. Why no nekkid nature girls for me ;)

Sharkiller

Is this your first seal?
If it is, probably about 100<currency>
If not, probably like 5<currency>
is my first with own money. :p
About $3000.
:| hahaha
Why add anything? Just pay as you go. This way you don't have excess funds sitting there for months waiting for another good deal. The only reason I have funds in my wallet is because of selling cards on the market.

because is a pain in my country buy with dollars. so i prefer one big number instead a lot of single purchases. later i need to calculate the +35% government fee of every purchase. + ~1% bank fee per transaction

Dsyndrome

because is a pain in my country buy with dollars. so i prefer one big number instead a lot of single purchases. later i need to calculate the +35% government fee of every purchase. + ~1% bank fee per transaction
35% government fee? How is that even possible? You buying PS4's in Brazil or something? Gaddamn.

Sharkiller

35% government fee? How is that even possible? You buying PS4's in Brazil or something? Gaddamn.

we have 35% fee for every international transaction. if something cost 100 I pay to my card 135$. That $35 is taken by the government as a "pre pay" of another tax. that the majority of the people is exempt. So you need to do a very tedious and bureaucratic proceed to get that money back. In most of the cases the government never return that money, so for me is a fee I take into account when I do the math.

#thirdworldproblems

zkylon

zkylewd

argieland has big currency issues so there's a lot of tax for dollar related stuffs

so basically all international online purchases are 35% tax, and if you import something if it goes beyond i forgot which price it's also 50% tax for imports.

we have 35% fee for every international transaction. is something cost 100 I pay to my card 135$. That $35 is taken by the government as a "pre pay" of a tax. that the majority of the people is exempt. So you need to do a very tedious and bureaucratic proceed to get that money back. In most of the cases the government never return that money, so for me is a fee I take into account when I do the math.

#thirdworldproblems
yea my dad's girlfriend's father is an accountant and he travels a lot and buys everything and gets the money back but i don't think normal plebs like us can do that

Milamber

yea my dad's girlfriend's father is an accountant and he buys everything and gets the money back but i don't think normal plebs like us can do that

All it takes is some simple accounting and waiting in lines. Or you could just ask him how.

EDIT: Wait! Is this something much deeper? Like knowing the right people in government? Some under-the-table thing?

zkylon

zkylewd
All it takes is some simple accounting and waiting in lines. Or you could just ask him how.

well i don't know him very well so wouldn't really have the opportunity to ask him

if i do get a job sometime soon i'll try to see about doing this

for now i'm just saving my money. i don't need expensive games

EDIT: Wait! Is this something much deeper? Like knowing the right people in government? Some under-the-table thing?
nah, nothing shady like that

i'm just not cut out for bureaucratic stuff. i don't have the patience for it and i'm not a very organized person for keeping like the invoices for everything and shit

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sup guys? here's an awesome little game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold -- MB-513055CFD7080AB2 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.

t1432531197z1.png

Milamber

haha I'm on the Puyuma leaving Hualien to Taipei now

Ooh! Taipei! I go there a lot during college and last time was 2 years ago. If you are near a train station, drop by Zhongxiao Fuxing Station.

There is an Esprit building right next to it and had nice bars and KTV on the 12th floor.

And if you are in for some "action", 4th and 5th floors. &#65288; &#8790;&#8255;-&#65289;&#65374;&#9825;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom