• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Story is the new game from Sam Barlow, creator of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Aisle. A woman is interviewed seven times by the police. Search the video database and explore hundreds of authentic clips to discover her story in this groundbreaking narrative game.

That was an interesting, if experimental, game. Over 100 different endings! But...you only get one move. Want to "look?" That's your move. "i" for inventory? End of the game. It's also free, which is always good. That said, I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

Dsyndrome

Happy Memorial Day, US folks.

Torn between continuing Witcher 3 today or playing some stuff on my consoles since the movers will be packing them up and access will be gone for a month. I've played five minutes of Type 0 HD, and I need to get further in DMC trilogy...

Got $5.69 burning a whole in my steam wallet. I wish the Portal 2 table for Pinball FX 2 was already out.

:(
q9tgko3.png

This song is for you:

https://youtu.be/EzoazPPC7b8?t=30s

giphy.gif

Chariot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehhitnnB22k
I found this on Steam Community, and still can't wrap my head around it.

I watched 1 eps of Girls und Panzer.
It's mindless fun and strangely free of fanservive and accurate with it's tanks. World of Tanks has a nice deal wit GuP and World of Warships is going to have with Ars Nova. More videogames should have deals with anime for fun.

y'all choosing the red head made me want to choose Yen.
Yen isn't even worth a dollar.

Sarcasm

It's mindless fun and strangely free of fanservive and accurate with it's tanks. World of Tanks has a nice deal wit GuP and World of Warships is going to have with Ars Nova. More videogames should have deals with anime for fun.

Yen isn't even worth a dollar.

Unless you are in Taiwan maybe. 1 NTD is 3.98 YEN.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I havn't even come to novigrad yet but I've been in oxenfurt and that place is big (compared to most cities in RPG's).

Kagemusha

If I had known Gauntlet was getting an update I'd have purchased from Bundlestars. It goes on sale every week though. I hope they add more shades of brown.

Sarcasm

Man when I was in Japan last week it was like 300 NTD for a plate of sashimi where it be like almost 700 here.

I know you can't really compare..but HUMAN FEELINGS.

Copons

Man when I was in Japan last week it was like 300 NTD for a plate of sashimi where it be like almost 700 here.

I know you can't really compare..but HUMAN FEELINGS.

Japan, land of the dreams, land of cheapass everything
as long as you go there when your own currency kicks yen's butt

Shadownet

Banned
W3 1.04 patch is live on Steam

As dex said, Patch 1.04 for the Witcher 3 is out. Here are the notes.
The patch 1.04 for PC is available for download now. Please find the list of changes below:

Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.
Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.
Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.
Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.
Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.
Updates the game icon.
Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.
Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

Dsyndrome

Second person I can play Gwent against in the game and he's throwing 10-point cards that aren't susceptible to weather effects. Didn't expect that much of a learning curve so soon.

Shadownet

Banned
Sorry for the 2nd post but quick question. I installed SpeedFan.

It shows that I got 5 fans (not including 2 fans in my GTX 970)
2 on top of the case, 1 in the back, 1 in the front and the CPU fan.

the CPU fan is running at 1721 rpm. The only programs I have open are Steam, and Chrome. is that suppose to be normal?

Copons

Second person I can play Gwent against in the game and he's throwing 10-point cards that aren't susceptible to weather effects. Didn't expect that much of a learning curve so soon.

If you're talking about the guy in Vizima's castle, he's just overpowered.
Go play with somebody else in Velen.

Chariot

Yeah, he is nto beginner level. Although you can beat him with your beginner deck if you're patient.
Unless you are in Taiwan maybe. 1 NTD is 3.98 YEN.
That explains Atra's behaviour :x

Dsyndrome

Beat him the second try, held out and let him play all his cards, then sacked him with a blizzard and double blue stripes. Got Foltest out of it, so happy days.

Copons

Beat him the second try, held out and let him play all his cards, then sacked him with a blizzard and double blue stripes. Got Foltest out of it, so happy days.

Ah, I tried him when I still didn't know how to Gwent and he seemed invincible.
Guess I'm gonna go back there asap then!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I guess I'm doing daily status reports on the Greenlight process going-ons for my experimentation project, Close Your Eyes: Redux.

I'll be honest, I kind of expected it to not even stand a chance, but I've learned you have to be sort of shameless from other Greenlight devs, but surprisingly being shameless... Worked pretty well. I messaged all my Steam friends (including a few of you guys~), and apparently some people shared it places. At the very moment getting slow but steady votes, but that seems to be doing better than I thought. In 50 hours since I launched the Greenlight Page, these are what the statistics look like (I think it's okay for me to post them):

Now, to be frank, the graphics for Close Your Eyes are terrible, I am starting to touch them up a bit more, but the original game was made in 80 hours. The reason I decided to test the game was because of a surprisingly very positive response from people who played the game on other sites. It had its flaws, and I'm working to make the game better and add more content, and fix and change some things currently.

But it looking bad graphically I was certain was going to doom the project, but it seems to be doing pretty solid right now. Maybe a benefactor is because I have a 'in-progress' form of the game to play that received positive response, or maybe because it's a free game and so people are more forgiving if it's not graphically impressive? Maybe the couple trailers I have of the game help sell people on it (though they were kind of sloppy trailers I made, if I'll be honest).

However, I think the harder part of this is about to come. It looks like it's going to reach 50% before cracking the top 100 before the two-and-a-half day mark, but it probably is going to slow tremendously pretty soon and the rest will be a lot slower. I guess I need to shameless advertise at this point to other sources, but I'm a bit shy too.

I think advertising your game is my least favorite part of making small game projects like these. I also might be a bit more apprehensive because Close Your Eyes was a quick project for me that I'm putting more time into now. I feel more aptly aware of its current weaknesses than others it seems, but trying not to let that hold me back from dropping modesty on it.

---

If these progress reports are a bit much, I can stop. I just have never really known exactly how the Greenlight process goes, so thought I might share how this experiment is going on for me. I will say this feels like good practice for my much bigger time-sink project I'm working on whenever I put that on Greenlight.

Asgaro

y'all choosing the red head made me want to choose Yen.

I'm male and my first name is Yen.

I feel, due to The Witcher 3, my name will now always be considered a female one by most gamers.
Luckily most of my IRL friends don't even game.
Haven't seen TW3 remarks yet on my Facebook so that's good lol. :D

(Yentel is another example of a name that gets used for both male and female.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom