• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

God damn it, Volvo, is there really no way to quickly show Steam Review score for the games in your library?

No option to do so in the client, no option to do so in the games section of your Community profile.

FFS...

Is my internet crappy due to all the flooding we're having, or is steamcommunity having issues? I constantly get the "steam community is unavailable" message more often than not.

iosefe

Got 4 copies of Valkyria Chronicles to give away as a Memorial Day celebration.
...as is your civic duty, please play the game if you win it!

TGWceVM.gif

hot diggity damn

Nyoro SF

What? Seriously, most of the VC missions can be done with 2 pumped up characters doing everything in a few turns.

On first playthrough that's unlikely unless you watch youtube videos of highest level strategies before implementing them which defeats the entire purpose of the game... or you grind free battles to turn yourself into a god.

The most optimal and fun way to play the game is to go in and finish the entire story completely blind without doing anything else.

Nyoro SF

I uh... did this about halfway through, since I could see the writing on the wall?
Skirmished the shit out of Outskirts of Bruhl, Vasel and Windmill Plaza to pump up my scouts and lancers.

Dude, for one, that's a spoiler, even if it's a silly one. Don't spoil the game for others.
Also every mission in the game can be A-Ranked at Level 1 with no upgrades. So there's no min-maxing required.

Secondly, only about half the maps in the game are base capture maps. The rest are target kills or wipe out all enemy units. Of the half that are base capture, half of those can't be sprinted through on your first playthrough because you lack the Potentials and Orders to do it. The others you would be unlikely to sprint through unless you spoil strategies for yourself online, which makes the game not fun to play.

Lastly, if you want to pump up your units to the point where you're a god and never have to think on your feet, just use a trainer and switch on god mode.

Hax

I must be doing something wrong then

You're actually not. The first time around, if you play the game normally - move your guys up carefully together, don't take unnecessary risks, let your sniper go first - that's probably the sounder strategy, even if you won't get many A-ranks, and might in fact get a few Ds.

Around the last few chapters, you'll receive two orders that are quite overpowered, those being
Caution
and
Awaken Potential
. When the objective is simply to reach the enemy's main camp, clear it out, and occupy it, it becomes far easier to
put Caution on Alicia and let her run through all the gunfire like she was a TF2 Scout drinking Bonk
until the camp is reached. If that's still not enough, you can add
the Evade Boost and Defense Boost orders
. A-ranking the last couple of battles shouldn't be tough, either, once you learn how to use orders properly. Once you hit New Game+, that spoilered strategy will get several one-turn A ranks, and you might even have a few command points left over to give minor characters a moment in the sun to try and unlock their profile.

You're actually not. The first time around, if you play the game normally - move your guys up carefully together, don't take unnecessary risks, let your sniper go first - that's probably the sounder strategy, even if you won't get many A-ranks, and might in fact get a few Ds.

Around the last few chapters, you'll receive two orders that are quite overpowered, those being
Caution
and
Awaken Potential
. When the objective is simply to reach the enemy's main camp, clear it out, and occupy it, it becomes far easier to
put Caution on Alicia and let her run through all the gunfire like she was a TF2 Scout drinking Bonk
until the camp is reached. If that's still not enough, you can add
the Evade Boost and Defense Boost orders
. A-ranking the last couple of battles shouldn't be tough, either, once you learn how to use orders properly. Once you hit New Game+, that spoilered strategy will get several one-turn A ranks, and you might even have a few command points left over to give minor characters a moment in the sun to try and unlock their profile.

I see, still in the first playthrough at the moment, thanks for the advice! :)

Arthea

can I be Turf for couple of minutes and rant a little?
Missed two legendary hats by now in Cat goes fishing, there are just too many fishies, until I clear the path, a hat is long gone, the same goes true for shark fishing in realistic mode, it's damn infuriating how my fish gets gobbled by other fish before I even get to the damn shark, not to mention that so far I found only one! Until I clear the path to a bugger, fishies start respawning and I'm again in the same predicament. That's all kinds of mean. Not to mention that's only half of the work. You'd think, I can get some leeway for losing my save file and a damn game not supporting cloud saves, but no, my luck gets the field day every day.
*turf mode off*

Whatevs I have D4 on xbone with superior motion controls.
Or so I hear it's in my backlog.

I knew what's the spoiler before even reading it, well not word for word but exact meaning. Does it make me clairvoyant?

Knurek

Shit's starting to go down in Higurashi...

I wish there was less of a build up... Honestly, the wacky hijinx are even worse than they were in Umineko

MattyG

Banned
Wait, bish was senior designer on Turok 2008? How am I just now finding out about this?! I actually liked what I played of that game, kinda wish it was on Steam.

Jawmuncher

Wait, bish was senior designer on Turok 2008? How am I just now finding out about this?! I actually liked what I played of that game, kinda wish it was on Steam.

Yep, was also the genius behind the knife apparently. Can't come to steam though unless someone like nightdive worked with disney to rerelease it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nyoro SF, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyoro SF, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-AAE826BBB3E6C813 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 12 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #4 -- MB-F97FEA79D75C1515 - Taken by thereisnoif. 13 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #2 -- MB-EC9E3F98E138D3DD - Taken by ExoSoul. 18 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #3 -- MB-CEDD3E83D3EDA809 - Taken by Jadax. 8 entrants total.

t1432592915z1.png

Teggy

I knew what's the spoiler before even reading it, well not word for word but exact meaning. Does it make me clairvoyant?

Maybe, what number am I thinking of?

CDPR were such horn dogs having Triss walk around in public with her butt crack out in W1. I'm no prude, but there's a difference between sexy and silly. At least from the art I've seen from the other games they seemed to learn a little restraint.

Chariot

Welp, tomorrow Akiba's Trip and I am still hanging around in Novigrad. Gonna be fun to juggle Witcher 3, Akiba'S Trip, Higurashi and... REAL LIFE. (I should drop the last one)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Welp, tomorrow Akiba's Trip and I am still hanging around in Novigrad. Gonna be fun to juggle Witcher 3, Akiba'S Trip, Higurashi and... REAL LIFE. (I should drop the last one)

yeah, right ... like you have one ;) you're not fooling anyone here, you know :p

Chariot

yeah, right ... like you have one ;) you're not fooling anyone here, you know :p
Pff, I got a real virtual waifu. Should be enough proof that I have a real life.

Don't drop it, I hear it gets good in the later half.
I don't know, it's nice at times, but all these microtransactions are bothering me. Perma death is also pretty bad, makes you want to just sit in a pillow fort corner.

Turfster

SiN Gold is $2.99 on GOG. I might have to get it. I loved the demo when I was a youngin. Such an innovative game too

It's worth it, and the GOG version is the better one.
Steam only includes the basic SiN with Episodes.

I love how everyone's going "please don't be a bioshock game" at Advent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom