• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

I still enjoyed XIII-2 but it's good to hear that at least LR isn't the worst out of the three. Makes me look forward to it a little more.

Yeah, that's the main reason why I don't understand how people could possibly consider it superior. It's pretty much just assets from the original game stitched together in service to a completely nonsensical plot.

FFXIII is just so much more polished it's not even funny. Kinda makes XIII-2 look like a budget title by comparison. Which I guess it technically probably is, given the amount of recycled assets it uses.

Well I don't know if you will like it. LR is even more of a budget title than XIII-2 and the story doesn't even try to make any sense anymore.

What it has going for it is a fun battle system and some challenging bossfights. I'm not even sure why I liked the game as much as I did if I am honest.
I guess I am just a sucker for dress up games(98% of the costumes are horrible though).

Kagemusha

Did I miss something? When did the prices disappear from the wishlist? Am I having a glitch, or is this really a thing?

I certainly hope it's just a glitch.

Noticed the same. Its been that way for about 6 hours at least. I thought having 500+ games on my whislist was too much for Enhanced Steam. Valve probably changed something.

FLD

Well I don't know if you will like it. LR is even more of a budget title than XIII-2 and the story doesn't even try to make any sense anymore.

What it has going for it is a fun battle system and some challenging bossfights. I'm not even sure why I liked the game as much as I did if I am honest.
I guess I am just a sucker for dress up games(98% of the costumes are horrible though).

I guess I'll find out when it comes out. It's not like I didn't enjoy XIII-2, those were just the main reasons why I didn't like it as much as XIII. At this point there's no reason for me not to see the trilogy through to the end.

MUnited83

For you.
I'll be pissed if LR doesn't come to steam. It's the only one I actually want to play since i have beaten the others.

Why wouldn't it though? I know that XIII-2 didn't exactly sell great but they definitely started working on the port, and they need the port to make it available on their mobile streaming service anyhow. So not putting it on Steam wouldn't make any sense at all.

Jawmuncher

Why wouldn't it though? I know that XIII-2 didn't exactly sell great but they definitely started working on the port, and they need the port to make it available on their mobile streaming service anyhow. So not putting it on Steam wouldn't make any sense at all.

Just they said this summer yet it's been very quiet. Then again FF7 for PS4 is this summer and nothing has been said about that either.

Jawmuncher

LR was released not too long ago.
I already own both of those.
thumbs-down.gif

DOA is such a good cheesy film

Deitus

Wait, so D4 is just a QTE game? At least that's how the trailers make it look.

I mean, I know people were more excited for Swery craziness than they were for the actual gameplay (it's not like Deadly Premonition was known for amazing gameplay). Still, I'm disappointed after all the hype that it's coming to PC that that's what it turned out to be.

It's still good it's coming though for those that want to play it.

zkylon

zkylewd
So much thirst for the D

yea i want me some delicious d

And maybe he will finally stop messing around with this Xbox exclusivity nonsense and start releasing his games on PC day one.

i mean, they put the money so i guess its better than nothing

I mean, I know people were more excited for Swery craziness than they were for the actual gameplay (it's not like Deadly Premonition was known for amazing gameplay). Still, I'm disappointed after all the hype that it's coming to PC that that's what it turned out to be.

it's a weird game thing

like walking dead or something?

I hope so, the idea was crazy enough to be awesome.
yea, love that silly idea

Bring forth the food gifs. Give Deitus some time to repent for his sins.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
so, apparently everyone wants some D now ... here's something to whet your appetite ;)

Changes from the Xbox One version

Basic controls using Kinect have been entirely removed, and revisions were made so that the game can be played using all controls with just the mouse.
  • Selection with the hand cursor
  • GRAB controls
  • PUSH controls
  • Changing direction
  • Changing stance
  • Confirm/Cancel
  • Interact

New mouse commands have replaced parts of the game that used Kinect gesture inputs.
  • New commands for common actions like drinking tequila or opening fortune cookies
  • New commands for special actions like beginning a dive or activating visions
  • New commands for gesture input that were used in cutscenes

New mouse commands have replaced parts that used synchronized Kinect inputs.
  • Sequences such as wiping a window or switchboard puzzles have been customized for mouse inputs.
  • Changing posture etc. has been replaced with mouse controls.

Commands for Synchro Stunts (QTE) using Kinect have been entirely removed, and all inputs have been re-implemented to function well with mouse inputs.
  • Actions performed by waving both arms widely or making repeated swipes have been replaced with new swipe inputs or commands.
  • New commands for gestures like swinging a bat
  • New commands for voice activated inputs

All downloadable content for the XboxOne version has been integrated into the game.
  • Revised so that collaboration costumes can now be acquired in game.
  • Revised so that downloadable facial hair can now be acquired in game.
  • Made adjustments to the parameters of each type of costume
  • Added a new “Today’s Free Costume Corner“ feature to Amanda’s shop

Renewed the user interface that accompanies the revised parts listed above.
  • The revised parts have all been renewed to a format suitable for mouse input.

Removed the mic input that accompanies the revised parts listed above.
  • Voice activated inputs during Synchro Stunts (QTE)
  • Choice inputs in conversations
  • Choice inputs in demos
  • Short-cut input in shops or closets
  • Short-cut input at the menu screen

Readjusted Synchro Stunt (QTE) evaluation mechanics.

Readjusted the parameters and placement of items.

Added settings for the PC version.
  • Screen resolution settings
  • Windowed / full-screen mode setting
  • V-sync ON / OFF setting
  • Dynamic shadowing ON / OFF setting
  • Subtitle language settings (EFIGSPJ)

60fps possible under recommended system specs

Faster loading times

Known bug fixes

Removed content specifically for the Xbox One version
  • Removed MELD compatibility
  • Removed leader board compatibility

Created contents specifically for the Steam version
  • Steam achievements
  • Trading cards
  • Badges
  • Emoticons
  • Profile backgrounds
  • Cloud saving

so, apparently everyone wants some D now ... here's something to whet your appetite ;)

Nice, seems like they put a lot of work in the PC version. I'm gonna get it, even if I don't know when I'll be able to play it since Geralt's adventures are taking up all of my spare time (and more)

Deitus

it's a weird game thing

like walking dead or something?

Telltale games have a lot of problems, but aside from the inexcusable save import bugs, the worst thing in those games is the awful QTEs. And not just because they are QTEs; Telltale is just really bad at designing action sequences, and the awful engine and terrible framerate only exacerbate the situation. They would be much better off just sticking to story and forgetting about "action".

Edit: Granted I've only played Wakling Dead season 1.

Well, it was a kinect game, so...
Also something something Japanese game something.

Still, looking forward to it.

Yeah, I was expecting there to be QTEs, and the gameplay to be somewhat shallow on account of the Kinect. I just wasn't expecting the gameplay trailer to be nothing but 2 minutes of QTEs. I was just hoping there was a little more there. And maybe there is and they just aren't showing it off, but it doesn't look good from what they are showing.

Still, can't really complain too much about niche Japanese games making their way to Steam.

Bring forth the food gifs. Give Deitus some time to repent for his sins.

tumblr_ncaswfUHEG1r96fbco1_500.gif

This is cool and all, but I still probably won't play the game.

Not trying to shit on the game or anything. Just a little disappointed that it doesn't look like something I want to play.

If Swery made a movie I would totally watch it though.

Salsa

Er... couldn't that be construed as a spoiler? I know you're really enthusiastic when it comes to the game, but you may want to stick the particular OT.

uhh

I guess

"people come back" is pretty broad, some of them were even in the first trailers

sorry tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom