• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Glad we're one step closer to Swery's dream game.
yes i want it

i want it now

Telltale games have a lot of problems, but aside from the inexcusable save import bugs, the worst thing in those games is the awful QTEs. And not just because they are QTEs; Telltale is just really bad at designing action sequences, and the awful engine and terrible framerate only exacerbate the situation. They would be much better off just sticking to story and forgetting about "action".

Edit: Granted I've only played Wakling Dead season 1.
i'd say walking dead was pretty bad so tbh the qtes were the least of my worries, i just hated the way the story progressed, how nothing you did really mattered, and how most of the choices were like "CHOOSE WHO LIVES AND DIES"

FLD

Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered announced (2016; PC, PS4, XO, PS3, 360)

well then ... ;)

not that anyone would be genuinely surprised by that ...

Disappointed that it's 2016 but glad to see that rumor panned out.

So 2017 for Code Veronica?

I still don't understand why they didn't port the HD version to PC around the same time they redid RE4. After REmake HD, RE5 getting cleansed of GFWL and now Zero HD, CV is pretty much the last big one missing a proper Steam release.

rtcn63

What about considering the size of the guy's hands? My table knife is just slightly longer than my hand.

They still look way too big (long) to me, though I don't use table knives.

5yynk.gif

MUs5DJ1.gif

rtcn63

They should've replaced the creepy little girl with Cereza from Bayonetta. She has a glasses and a plushie. It's been established that we all like plushies here.

rtcn63

Is... Isn't she his daughter?
Or am I misremembering promo stuff.
(No, I haven't played it myself yet)

Could be, Barry looks the sort to get around when he's on a mysterious zombie-filled island. Maybe he was there years before, you know, got close to the local tavern wench before she developed tentacles.

Turfster

Could be, Barry looks the sort to get around when he's on a mysterious zombie-filled island. Maybe he was there years before, you know, got close to the local tavern wench before she developed tentacles.

Hah.
I'm probably wrong and she's not, but whoever it is will probably be related to someone else from the canon.
I mean, it's Resident Evil.

Anteater

Because she's a little girl that's alone on a spooky island filled with munsters, Barry's got them fatherly instincts.

Just rewatched the cutscene... I guess she just appears out of no where and Barry was like "fine instead of staying in a safe spot, you come with me to fight zombies"

Is... Isn't she his daughter?
Or am I misremembering promo stuff.
(No, I haven't played it myself yet)

That's what I thought with the promo stuff since he has 2 daughters or something, but apparently she's a creepy stranger on some island, I'm not sure why Barry is working alone.

Dsyndrome

OT, but Barbara Keane sucks in Gotham. I don't want anyone to die (Falcone and Maroni included) except her. She's a druggie waste of space that better not become Barbara Gordon or I'm gonna yell at my dachshund.

Milamber

The day a masturbating high school girl detective makes it on Steam is the day that should be remembered for years to come. A day that should be a global holiday. A day where we could look down at our game libraries and say that it was the starting signal to our eternal paradise. A day where we could have relevant and controversial adult games without worry and care.

zkylon

zkylewd
The day a masturbating high school girl detective makes it on Steam is the day that should be remembered for years to come. A day that should be a global holiday. A day where we could look down at our game libraries and say that it was the starting signal to our eternal paradise. A day where we could have relevant and controversial adult games without worry and care.

what should it be called :>?

lol people getting angry at RE0 and remasters

I'm not going to keep my GC hooked up for a few games you fucking weirdos

There are a lot better games Capcom should be remastering. I can name at least five.

RE:0 is firmly entrenched at the bottom of the series, perhaps as the absolute worst main entry, especially from the "classic" pre-RE4 gameplay.

---

Some of these kickstarter campaigns are absolutely ridiculous with their reward tiers.
I was going to back Little Devil Inside depending on how the support/stretch goals looked toward the end of the campaign on kickstarter.
I got the reminder I set saying there was only 48 hours left. I checked it out, noticed it was already funded, and decided to pledge... until I saw that the two tiers I would've considered were "sold out".
Guess that means I'll be waiting for the "75% off on Steam" tier or the "hey, look what got bundled this week" tier.

zkylon

zkylewd
"For Me, It Was Tuesday". It will become more controversial than Deadly Premonition and take its place in the Guiness Book of World Records.
i mean, was deadly premonition controversial?

i thought everyone capable of joy agrees it's awesome

i mean, i am, just not for the reasons listed in that thread

funny how im so bad at english that i was asking about the holiday and everyone answered about the game -__-

Uzzy

lol people getting angry at RE0 and remasters

I'm not going to keep my GC hooked up for a few games you fucking weirdos

A remaster on PC dramatically increases the chances of that game being accessible to future generations. So that's a real good thing to my mind.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Deal at IndieGameStand and BTA for said deal respectively.

Given that nobody on my friendlist has these games, they have not been bundled before and the BTA comes out to $1.64... +2 all around?

Thanks for the heads-up. I always forget to keep an eye on IGS' deals.

Edit: I still can't install Axiom Verge for some reason.

Dsyndrome

i mean, was deadly premonition controversial?

i thought everyone capable of joy agrees it's awesome
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/29/no-holds-barred-deadly-premonition-the-directors-cut/
VG247 said:
When discussing controversial games, Hidetaka Suehiro’s (adoringly called “Swery” by his fans) twisted survival-comedy horror Deadly Premonition takes the cake. Hell, it’s the Guinness World Record holder for being the “Most Polarizing Survival Horror Game”, as IGN completely panned the game and Destructoid exalted it with a perfect score.
Controversial may have been the wrong word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom