• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
They probably open up their lappy to get in a fappy since it makes them happy

...I'm so sorry

lww8uF1.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm trying to gather funds for a Steam version even though I won a GOG version. I can't stand getting cheevies out of Steam.
i kind of regret buying it on steam

i hope jshackles someday developers a tool to auto add to steam all your games from other services and i just can just buy everything off gog

i'd program that myself but it's not my field

I can't touch the 3rd until I wrap up the first 2 and read a few of the books :(
i kinda want to read them but i'm not reading shit lately

I bought Alien Isolation and couldn't play it on my old lappy. I'm a few weeks away from my new one. So there is hope.
hope for what -__-

They probably open up their lappy to get in a fappy since it makes them happy

...I'm so sorry
gross

imma tell on your gf

Haunted

lol minigames in RPGs

tried to give a fuck about Gwent like 3 times now
srsly

Minigames in open world games are the same, absolutely fucking useless. So much work put in by the dev team for no payoff whatsoever. I had a good chuckle when GTAV told me Tennis, Golf, Darts and like 5 other activities were available now. Garbage clutter on the minimap, nothing more.

Arthea

srsly

minigames in open world, absolutely fucking useless. So much work for nothing. I had a good chuckle when GTAV told me Tennis, Golf, Darts and like 5 other activities were available now. Garbage clutter on the minimap, nothing more.

minigames are never useless in any game, you take your words back like right now, don't give devs such horrible ideas.

nai

I'm considering buying one of those Nvidia codes for Batman from eBay. Do I need to get one from a EU seller, or would an American code redeem just fine for me?

I was afraid of that... very much so, I still hoped we'll get it cheaper than on PSN, no such luck.

edited:
the question is what to do now, I was ready to pay sub 20€ for it, not above.

edit2: the hell is going on here?

PS4 ver is still $40 and you can get this one for $27/24€. Depending on the port quality that doesn't seem bad. Also trading cards.

Arthea

PS4 ver is still $40 and you can get this one for $27/24€. Depending on the port quality that doesn't seem bad. Also trading cards.

it's not $40, it's $30, I checked not so long ago, actually.
I'm still thinking what to do, I can wait in fact, I have plenty to play... but do I want to?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I have a soft spot for Xenogears's two player mech fighting mini-game.

More RPGs need off the wall types like that, rather than just more card games or memory puzzles.

Haunted

minigames are never useless in any game, you take your words back like right now, don't give devs such horrible ideas.
I will say that there is some enjoyment in a well realised side activity to break up the pace of the regular "main quest".

But if all people are doing in the Witcher 3 is play Gwent, play dice in Witcher 2, drive around the map in GTAV to play on all the tennis courts, spend more than the minimum required time in Gold Saucer, play poker in Far Cry 3 or that shitty knife game in Red Dead Redemption, I honestly don't know what the fuck's wrong with them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah. I called my bank to see if I could get the exact amount of the small verification charges Valve made several days ago, but apparently once they drop off there's no record of them having occurred, and since Valve doesn't allow you to submit another pair of charges I'm stuck waiting until the 30th before I can use the market again.

Arthea

I will say that there are some people out there who can enjoy a well realised side activity to break up the pace of the main quest.

But if all people are doing in the Witcher is play Gwent, drive around the map in GTAV to play on all the tennis courts, spend more than the minimum required time in Gold Saucer, play poker in Far Cry 3 or that shitty knife game in Red Dead Redemption, I honestly don't know what the fuck's wrong with them.

opinions and how they work?
I like side activities, minigames in particular, I get easily bored and those side activities diversify the game and let me stick with it more easily, not to mention that there a lot of minigames I like.

edited: also if you don't need them, you can ignore them, those being there don't make a game any worse to you, but makes better for me and people like me? Ever thought of that?

Miguel81

Quest for Glory I was when I spent a considerable amount of time on a mini-game. The Thieves' Guild knife-throwing was pretty addictive.

dex3108

Bah. I called my bank to see if I could get the small verification charges Valve made several days ago, but apparently once they drop off there's no record of them having occurred, and since Valve doesn't allow you to submit another pair of charges I'm stuck waiting until the 30th before I can use the market again.

Wow 4 days without Steam purchase. Please Jase talk to us until then i am afraid you will do things to yourself XD

I will say that there is some enjoyment in a well realised side activity to break up the pace of the regular "main quest".

But if all people are doing in the Witcher 3 is play Gwent, play dice in Witcher 2, drive around the map in GTAV to play on all the tennis courts, spend more than the minimum required time in Gold Saucer, play poker in Far Cry 3 or that shitty knife game in Red Dead Redemption, I honestly don't know what the fuck's wrong with them.

That's a pretty strong opinion to have about something so insignificant. I often couldn't care less about the main story path in games. Let me do and enjoy whatever the hell I want at my own pace.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow 4 days without Steam purchase. Please Jase talk to us until then i am afraid you will do things to yourself XD

Well, that's the funny thing -- I can't purchase from the market but I can still use the card to purchase from the store.

Dr Dogg

The Witcher III is the buggiest game I've played in recent memory. Granted I've put in more than 70 hours and the game itself is great (if a little too much content, that's not segued into the main plot evenly and at odds with the urgency the narrative imposes on you) but I've had 11 crashes and various lookups (all error codes point to memory issues or exceptions), various rendering bugs, missing textures, characters spawning in non active (so no animations, arms outstretched and heads weirdly detached and floting at a 90 degree angle to the side as they float about), even had a swarm of rats just float off out if a cutscene.

Fair enough as it's impressive feat they CDPR got a game of the scope out the door with the resources they had, both fiscal and in man power terms, but I've had more issues with this game alone than the last handful of AssCreeds, Watch Dogs and GTA V combined by a very, very long way. That's not even going into how the latest patch fucked up my obi tweaks due to changing some tolerances for various distance scaling and LoD variables, some which you can't edit and cause some hideous pop in right in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom