• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paypal users in the UK should check their emails for a free fiver to spend on Steam. There's a £10,000 promo pot so you'll have to be fast.

Chariot

Do any of you know a europaen, at best german or british, but please not french, online book seller who has the english Witcher 3 guide in stock? Amazon uk and de don't have it and I don't want it in german.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I need Hexcells to be slightly less enticing to replay from original all the way to Infinity. I need to finish Onimusha and Witcher 3, not go through all this again no matter how much joy quickly solving the puzzles (and not from memory) is.

Do any of you know a europaen, at best german or british, but please not french, online book seller who has the english Witcher 3 guide in stock? Amazon uk and de don't have it and I don't want it in german.

http://www.bookstore.co.uk/TBP.Dire...keywordSearch=witcher 3 guide&productGroupId=

Chariot

Paperback fine? I use BookDepository for all my books.

This is good too, but I was eyeing the CE version. All have those listed, but not in stock.

Thanks for the link anyways, I am going to look into what's different between the two and may end up buying it from bookdepository if artwork and lore are still in that book (although I would love hardcover).

edit:
Just looked into it. The normal guide is missing the Lore and the Artwork sections :,(

Dr Dogg

The artwork sections are pretty meh, the additional 96 page lore book is tiny and a bit threadbare. Of course if you just want Lore and Artwork you're better off with this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1616554827/

Which is filled to the brim with info, lore, artwork and such and doesn't have a hideous soft touch finish cover like the strat guide. Or you could be a nutter like me and buy both.

Chariot

The artwork sections are pretty meh, the additional 96 page lore book is tiny and a bit threadbare. Of course if you just want Lore and Artwork you're better off with this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1616554827/

Which is filled to the brim with info, lore, artwork and such and doesn't have a hideous soft touch finish cover like the strat guide. Or you could be a nutter like me and buy both.
Maybe you're right. Does World of Witcher include Witcher 3? When I was looking into the sample pages on amazon, I only saw character models from W2.

AHA-Lambda

Stitch-Crying-In-The-Rain-With-Super-Alien-Sadness.gif

Dr Dogg

Maybe you're right. Does World of Witcher include Witcher 3? When I was looking into the sample pages on amazon, I only saw character models from W2.

Yep all three games in fact. It's more a world/lore book than an art book or deign document but has plenary of info and a section retelling the events of all 3 games. Really if you want the best coverage of art for just The Witcher 3 the art book with the Collectors Ed serves that purpose (which every preorder on Steam has in PDF form) that you might be able to pick up on eBay. Saying that I was looking at the Gwent decks that came with the Xbone version and they're going for £50+. Sod that, may as well buy TableTop Sim and make my own game!

Chariot

Yep all three games in fact. It's more a world/lore book than an art book or deign document but has plenary of info and a section retelling the events of all 3 games. Really if you want the best coverage of art for just The Witcher 3 the art book with the Collectors Ed serves that purpose (which every preorder on Steam has in PDF form) that you might be able to pick up on eBay. Saying that I was looking at the Gwent decks that came with the Xbone version and they're going for £50+. Sod that, may as well buy TableTop Sim and make my own game!
Aight, Artbook plus Guide it is. Thanks for your help!

Also people were already busy with TTS: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449368216

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

TW3's pre-order bonuses weren't pre-order bonuses at all in the end. CDPR made the exact same white lie with TW2.

how does Akiba ruining your library? It's one game not series. Or am I missing something?

btw, for the record, Akiba PS3 - 30 fps?

I'm not serious, just thought it was weird and was wondering where that "&" is coming from. Game is locked at 30, let's see what modders can do here

Sarcasm

TTS is awesome. Play that over W3 any day.

Doesn't help I have no interest in Witcher anyways lol

madjoki

I'm not serious, just thought it was weird and was wondering where that "&" is coming from. Game is locked at 30, let's see what modders can do here

Japanese fullwidth characterset. ;)

Why would they do that? ;__;

It's easier to use constant delta time for calculations, rather than variable.

Milamber

madjoki;165208965 said:

This  character  set  sucks!

Yeah that's what I thought.

Milamber

Arthea;165209103 said:
you  people  are  weird,  first  pizza,  then  lewdness,  then  &,  you  get  distracted  by  weirdest  things

Not  true  at  all.

zkylon

zkylewd
That is W3 1080p/30 on Medium - High settings (Textures on Ultra).
only sad thing is 30fps

i'd rather have it look worse and play on a smooth framerate but that seems kind of impossible with the card im gonna get

Yeah, it pretty much looks like bad N64 game.
(The downgrade cult is so silly)
like i said before, it's both the gamemakers' fault for pushing gfx whoring as much as players' fault for demanding it

both are dumbos

it looks fucking gorgeous god damnit

I'm  sorry  for  unleashing  a  blight  unto  this  thread

w̞h̵͎a͠t͚͓ ̥̦͇̹̼͠is͚̤̱̺̻ͅ ͔͓̤͇̀h̭̼̙̣̼̭͕a̢̭̝͚̻p̮̮͓p͉̬̯e̸ṇ̩̭̪̮̞̣i҉n̨̰̰̞̝g̜̟̝̱

You think the Japanese own this? Wrong!

madjoki

Is there a way to explain that in layman's terms?

Basically it's easier to use one frame rate (30 fps) than test & fix to every calculation to work for any frame rate. (delta time = time between frames).

eg. rounding causing miscalculation which causes you to fall thru floor.

zkylon

zkylewd
Basically it's easier to use one frame rate (30 fps) than test & fix to every calculation to work for any frame rate. (delta time = time between frames).

i dunno that's pretty amateurish i feel

i don't ever do like difficult physics or anything but in my experience it's pretty easy to make everything work on time rather than framerate

probably not for every genre tho

Dr Dogg

Aight, Artbook plus Guide it is. Thanks for your help!

Also people were already busy with TTS: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449368216

TTS is awesome. Play that over W3 any day.

Doesn't help I have no interest in Witcher anyways lol

I'm not too sure how much of my playtime has been spent on Gwent but I've got some crazy decks right now and eyeing up that tournament quest. Good to see it's already making its way to TTS so if CDPR won't bring Gwent to the masses the masses will flock to Gwent via TTS.

Those rascals! After their current run of form I suspect in the not to distant future someone from CDPR will be facing John Walker questioning them if they're pathological liars.

i dunno that's pretty amateurish i feel

i don't ever do like difficult physics or anything but in my experience it's pretty easy to make everything work on time rather than framerate

probably not for every genre tho
It's obviously very possible since almost every game these days does it, for some reason Japanese devs just don't care.

Milamber

So  who  is  doing  the  Akiba'sTrip  OT?

So  who  is  doing  the  Akiba'sTrip  OT?

Can you use that font in thread titles? Just asking

Copons

Just finished the Bloody Baron questline in TW3 and oh my god it was awesome.

the ending cutscene, recapping my decisions in that and other questlines, explaining what went good and what went wrong, and my own outcome - that could have easily been completely different from anybody else - such a great writing and design, and so many feels

Also, how do you do HUD-free screenshots in TW3?

Chariot

Ah, thank you very much!

I'm not too sure how much of my playtime has been spent on Gwent but I've got some crazy decks right now and eyeing up that tournament quest. Good to see it's already making its way to TTS so if CDPR won't bring Gwent to the masses the masses will flock to Gwent via TTS.
Tournament is brutal I say.
lol

Is it just me or did Triss's boobs actually grow bigger in W3?
I mean, she can make them bigger anytime she wants.

Tizoc

Dat farming simulator
Top selling games in EU or UK said:
01 (NE) PS4 THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (NE) XBO THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
03 (NE) PC THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
04 (05) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
05 (NE) 360 FARMING SIMULATOR 15 (KOCH MEDIA)
06 (01) PS4 PROJECT CARS (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
07 (NE) XBO FARMING SIMULATOR 15 (KOCH MEDIA)
08 (02) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
09 (32) PS4 BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
10 (NE) PS4 FARMING SIMULATOR 15 (KOCH MEDIA)
11 (09) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
12 (06) PS4 MORTAL KOMBAT X (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
13 (03) PS4 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
14 (08) XBO MORTAL KOMBAT X (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
15 (11) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
16 (10) XBO WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
17 (25) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
18 (04) XBO PROJECT CARS (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
19 (07) XBO HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION (MICROSOFT)
20 (14) PS4 DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
21 (17) PS4 BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
22 (23) XBO BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
23 (NE) PS3 FARMING SIMULATOR 15 (KOCH MEDIA)

zkylon

zkylewd
It's obviously very possible since almost every game these days does it, for some reason Japanese devs just don't care.
well i'm gonna make some assumptions here but i'm guessing that japan is very console-oriented (which is often locked fps) and when it comes to pc it's usually very indie doujin stuff (which is very much unconcerned with complicated physics stuffs) or mmos. mmos are the ones that i'd say are probably doing the work to make 60 fps works but not sure

but like, no fpses or flying sims or rts or anything like that, so there's simply no culture of making stuff to support high fps games because japan just doesn't make them, at least outside of consoles

which is weird since fpses made in japan sound like the best shit ever

but might be talking out of my butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom