• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

what games y'all got installed (and playing)?

here's me:

63tMKRZ.jpg

How is subnautica? I just found out about it the other day and placed it on my wishlist.

Playing: Jedi Knight II and GTAV
Multiplayer: Killing Floor 2
The Mankind Devided trailer has renewed my interest in a Human Revolution Foxiest Hounds/Legend/Pacifist run

ov7lzKV.jpg

Speaking as someone who hasn't built a consumer computer since 2008, wow modular power supplies are cool as heck

Did you just build a new PC Stump?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Did you just build a new PC Stump?

In progress. Not buying a new GPU until we figure out what's launching with DX12, but old computer is having RAM failures and I don't see the sense in putting in new RAM for an old end-of-life computer when I have to upgrade anyway.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Someone sell me on Killing floor 2 .

I like what i am seeing but i am a bit hesitant on taking it .

iLLnI8x9cRqkI.png

Who needs anything else?

Honestly, it's just perfecting where Killing Floor once had jagged, cracked pieces of mutated flesh. There's some balance issues present thanks to missing classes and the current classes still finding their right medium between too strong and almost worthless, but that's exactly why Tripwire wanted to go the Early Access route. What's there is head popping, blood gushing, gib flying good fun.

Is there anything in particular making you hold off?

iLLnI8x9cRqkI.png

Who needs anything else?

Honestly, it's just perfecting where Killing Floor once had jagged, cracked pieces of mutated flesh. There's some balance issues present thanks to missing classes and the current classes still finding their right medium between too strong and almost worthless, but that's exactly why Tripwire wanted to go the Early Access route. What's there is head popping, blood gushing, gib flying good fun.

Is there anything in particular making you hold off?
I'm not buying it, I'm not buying it... if I buy it my backlog will grow exponentially >_<

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So is Killing Floor 2 multiplayer only?

It has a single player mode, but it's really the exact same thing as multiplayer - waves of enemies - with the number of zeds per wave scaled down so it isn't completely overwhelming for one player's ammo pool.

So I guess it's not just me, Suicidal is just really, really hard.

I beat them all on Suicidal during beta, but we didn't have achievements then! Still working on pushing my groups back up to Hell on Earth, which is where we were struggling before it ended~

Barbarian

It has a single player mode, but it's really the exact same thing as multiplayer - waves of enemies - with the number of zeds per wave scaled down so it isn't completely overwhelming for one player's ammo pool.

Thanks. It sounds like it might be fun. The screenshots really appeal to me. Need to think about this one.

The original non-rebirth one? Dayum.

Thats still getting updates? Whats new?

A new hard mode featuring "Eternal" enemies, i.e. pretty damn hard versions of enemies and bosses. Also bug fixes, new Steam achievements and some special effects towards some items. Other than that, nothing completely new like new enemies, levels or items.

It's free but for those who own the Wrath of the Lamb DLC.

milena87

This is what I have intalled. Right now I'm replaying through The Witcher 2 (first time on Steam).

Games I haven't even started are Wolf Old Blood of course, Cognition and Alien Isolation.
The rest are there because I'm either waiting for new episodes/content, I haven't finished them or because I want to replay them and get all achievements.

Kaleinc

Banned
A new hard mode featuring "Eternal" enemies, i.e. pretty damn hard versions of enemies and bosses. Also bug fixes, new Steam achievements and some special effects towards some items. Other than that, nothing completely new like new enemies, levels or items.

It's free but for those who own the Wrath of the Lamb DLC.
They didn't update the engine of course?

AHA-Lambda

Well here's mine, one currently preloading (fuck you shitty internet!), 2 I'm waiting for more DLC and 4 are episodic.

I also have a GOG copy of Dreamfall Chapters installed as that is episodic too. I try to keep my SSD light :)

EDIT:
Umh, you guys should edit those screens leaving out your Steam account name.

fair point, amended (with MS paint bordering :p)

Asgaro

what games y'all got installed (and playing)?

here's me:

63tMKRZ.jpg

None.

- Played Mountain last year for 14.1 hours straight. 14.1 hours of WATCHING A DAMN MOUNTAIN.
- Lost faith in both game development and Steam.
- Burned my Steam account and never came back.

profile.PNG

j/k. Got real life stuffz to do... The screenshot is real though.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

CRYSTAL CATACOMBS -- MB-79781322678F63ED - Taken by ExoSoul
Retro/Grade -- MB-FCD290146CD6A814 - Taken by Purkake4

Corpekata

Banned
Usually the big ticket items seem to be bought by fellow developers and angel investor types rather than someone that really wants whatever arbitrary reward that costs a bunch.

Phinor

I feel like some people just have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money

I'm afraid that specific tier will take the game's quality down. Random backers voicing characters can't be a good thing for the audio experience. There's only so much a voice coach can do in the time given.

MRORANGE

Thats cool, more curious about the horsepower of the PI 2. I posted this on another forum, you guys have any insight into this?

I was thinking of building a small emulation machine using one plus a JPac to use in my Blast City. Mainly to play some older console stuff and one off boards, like In the Hunt. Been doing some research and this is what I have found so far:

Pi 2 has composite and HDMI out stock. You can also buy Gert's VGA add on for like 9 bucks or build your own for VGA out. From what I have seen though the VGA doesnt go down to 240p. I am hoping that someone can confirm it can do 240p, if not I am thinking the following options:

1) Gert's VGA + CRT Shaders + 31khz Dsub on Blast (just need a basic scanline shader since it will be running on a 31khz CRT)
2) Gert's VGA + VGA to RGB stepdown + 15khz dsub on Blast
2a) HDMI out + HDMI to VGA box + VGA to RGB stepdown + 15khz dsub on Blast

Options 1 and 2 seem the best to limit conversions. I am not sure if the PI 2 has enough power for CRT shaders though and would prefer a natural 15khz signal.

Composite connector was removed on Pi 2 models.

you can however configure the CONFIG.TXT for HDMI resolutions that can be passed onto the VGA adapter in most cases:

Documentation: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt.md
Code:
[B]hdmi_mode	resolution	frequency	notes[/B]
1	VGA (640x480)		
2	480p	60Hz	
3	480p	60Hz	16:9 aspect ratio
4	720p	60Hz	
5	1080i	60Hz	
6	480i	60Hz	
7	480i	60Hz	16:9 aspect ratio
8	240p	60Hz	
9	240p	60Hz	16:9 aspect ratio
10	480i	60Hz	pixel quadrupling