• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm afraid that specific tier will take the game's quality down. Random backers voicing characters can't be a good thing for the audio experience. There's only so much a voice coach can do in the time given.

It'll be like a random NPC that says "Hi" or is in a crowd scene. All of these types of things in various games tend to be very minimal or have their own section for people that don't like the idea behind it.

Salsa

I reached the point in Pillars I didnt wanna reach

that is: stop playing it cause something else comes out - want to go back to it but don't remember shit - idea of starting over kinda bums you out and makes you play something else instead = never go back

MUnited83

For you.
I can understand wanting to play it safe, but I've never masked my account name and the worst I've encountered is one attempt to reset my password.

Yeap, this. Hell, we know Gaben's account name and password and nobody ever managed to steal his account!

dex3108

Man GTA V is really beautiful game

16725556723_427905940a_o.png

16725647253_be72254c30_o.png

17345845165_9a5399132a_o.png

17158098110_9385b92085_o.png
At least i matched my shirt color with car XD

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I feel like some people just have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money

Going by the GAF thread, it appears it's a lot of people's first kickstarter, so couple that enthusiasm with their passion for what they feel is an underrepresented genre and their desire to reclaim a small portion of their childhood -- when things were simpler; when Dad loved Mom and you'd all go for ice cream and stroll the boardwalk, watching the waves slowly crest and piping plovers scuttle across sandy dunes, your eyes catching small glimpses of your Dad's arm hugged around your Mom's waist like the Sun hugging the beach before you -- you'll see a lot of people spend on those higher tiers.

Eventually you learn the truth, though.

We all do.

Nabs

Going by the GAF thread, it appears it's a lot of people's first kickstarter, so couple that enthusiasm with their passion for what they feel is an underrepresented genre and their desire to reclaim a small portion of their childhood -- when things were simpler; when Dad loved Mom and you'd all go for ice cream and stroll the boardwalk, watching the waves slowly crest and piping plovers scuttle across sandy dunes, your eyes catching small glimpses of your Dad's arm hugged around your Mom's waist like the Sun hugging the beach before you -- you'll see a lot of people spend on those higher tiers.

Eventually you learn the truth, though.

We all do.

Man, you just took me somewhere.

Vamphuntr

Beat Alan Wake and American Nightmare for the first time. Really enjoyed Alan Wake, the amount of details in animation and in the environment is really amazing. Listening to the radio and watching Night Springs was really interesting since they are well done. It such a great looking game too with everything maxed out. Only disappointing thing is that the game is really easy and that you can't freely explore the town and its surroundings. Flare gun and flashbangs own everything.

I have mixed feeling about American Nightmare, really not a fan of repeated content and
time loop
. It would probably have been a great game if it was a full budget title instead of an XBLA arcade one. Here it feels pretty cheap, the Arizona desert was a great setting and it would have been so nice to have a full game where you can drive between areas. Gunplay also felt tweaked and faster which I liked. Is it supposed to be a sequel or a what if scenario?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
this is all zkylon's fault

Everything is zkyzky's fault~

Beat Alan Wake and American Nightmare for the first time. Really enjoyed Alan Wake, the amount of details in animation and in the environment is really amazing. Listening to the radio and watching Night Springs was really interesting since they are well done. It such a great looking game too with everything maxed out. Only disappointing thing is that the game is really easy and that you can't freely explore the town and its surroundings. Flare gun and flashbangs own everything.

I have mixed feeling about American Nightmare, really not a fan of repeated content and
time loop
. It would probably have been a great game if it was a full budget title instead of an XBLA arcade one. Here it feels pretty cheap, the Arizona desert was a great setting and it would have been so nice to have a full game where you can drive between areas. Gunplay also felt tweaked and faster which I liked. Is it supposed to be a sequel or a what if scenario?

From what we found out due to the recent news bits about the canned Alan Wake 2, a lot of what they did in AN was taken from AW2's development but done with next to no budget since they couldn't secure a publisher who would fund it. I enjoyed AN for what it was, and especially loved Mr. Scratch, but it pains to know what it really could have been.

Things are sort of left up in the air for if it is canon or not. It might be another 6 years before we find out!

Vamphuntr

From what we found out due to the recent news bits about the canned Alan Wake 2, a lot of what they did in AN was taken from AW2's development but done with next to no budget since they couldn't secure a publisher who would fund it. I enjoyed AN for what it was, and especially loved Mr. Scratch, but it pains to know what it really could have been.

Things are sort of left up in the air for if it is canon or not. It might be another 6 years before we find out!

Maybe they've revealed the prototype in hope someone will invest in it. A lot of the stuff in the video found its way in AN. Like the rewriting reality mechanic and some of the areas and enemies.

I thought the game did much better on PC than on 360? Maybe there's hope on that front.

I noticed that some of the so-called "limited" tiers sold out three times and were just replaced by more. I mean seriously, just make them unlimited if you're going to do that.
On a typical KS, these don't sell out during the first day. They probably did underestimate demand, could just price them higher or something.

They don't want amiibo publicity, basically.

KarmaCow

The Binding of Isaac got updated today to Eternal Edition includes more achievements.

it's either much harder or rebirth made me soft.

Well the hard mode adds more annoying enemies and boss variants. Like a large spider that explodes into 12 smallers spiders when it dies or the Widow but it jumps rapidly 5 times in a row and shoots out tears everytime it lands, in addition to the normal Widow attacks.

But the performance in the original is kinda hard to go back to after playing Rebirth.

Thorgal

i recently started Wolfenstein : tno again and fell in love all over again .

Dual wielding automatic shotguns and assault rifles and shooting Nazi's on the moon !

What is not to love ?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Of the games I have installed...

Playing, but haven't beaten:
Gurumin

Starting second playthrough:
Pillars of Eternity

Beaten, but need to get back to:
Cave Story+
Love
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
VVVVVV
Ys: Oath in Felghana

Have idled at the menu for about 15 minutes:
Rush Bros
Ultra Street Fighter IV (really Arcade edition)

The rest are demos.

Turfster

The Ubi shop is doing Witcher 3 preorders with free Neverwinter Nights + AssFlag or M&MX (SE) or M&M Heroes VI or Anno 2070 or Blacklist (EMEA) OR AssRogue or AssFlag or Wash_Doge or FurCry3 Deluxe (US)
Not that anyone really cares, I guess.

Jawmuncher

I might end up just leaving GTA on my HDD. 70gb basically rounded I don't want to download again in-case the SP DLC finally comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom