• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Did Steam change something where you can't see the prices of the games on your wishlist anymore? I'm not seeing this on the website or the mobile app.

That's frustrating.

Nothing on client, either, which is weird considering they still let us sort by price.

Shantom

So the new month is fast approaching and I haven't received very many recommendations for next month's thread.
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - Dr Dogg
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - jshackles
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition - corrosivefrost
Just to get the ball rolling, here are a few of next month's releases that you could pick from:
  • D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
  • Dirty Bomb
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • F1 2015
  • Universe Sandbox 2
If it's being released on Steam next month and isn't a game banned from discussion on GAF, it's eligible. Drop me a PM or let me know in the thread if I can put you down for a recommendation!
F1 was delayed until July.

Dr Dogg

I'm guessing it's related to the release of Witcher 3 and copious shakers of salt.

Well last week it was Mobile Gaming that was the hot button topic for some peeps. Not to worry E3 is just around the corner to bullshit and lie to everyone about upcoming stuff that probably hasn't even finished the planning stages yet but oddly has a highly polished, spectacular looking stage demo of 'in-engine' gameplay that will pull the wool over oh so many people's eyes that all this fighting will be forgotten...

For a week or two

Kiru

If any of you want to see more of our firefighting action roguelike, Flame Over, we've just uploaded a let's play by the designer, Al Evans, in which he gives an overview of the game and runs through some of the new features for the PC version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGAqLrKlYY

Also a quick reminder that the game is released on Thursday, so if you want that 40% pre-order discount you have 2 days http://store.steampowered.com/app/345080/

Thanks, maybe I'll learn something. I have the impression I'm playing the game like a total noob. No idea how to revive people, also don't use any bombs.

def sim

Shadow of Mordor was alright enough, but disappointing having heard so much praise here and on giant bomb. It's absolutely a Batman game with less things to do. I'd keep waiting a bit more if $20 is too much.

dex3108

Regarding those early Mad Max opinions and generally Mad Max game vs. Mad Max movie comparisons. In my opinion it is wrong to compare them. Biggest mistake that developers can make is make game exactly like move. WB did good thing and insisted that Avalanche distance itself from the movie. Also Movie is action packed 2 hour experience, game is XX hour experience so they need to change things. If they can maintain mood of movie and add interesting gameplay and story on top of that i will be satisfied.

Also Jason from Kotaku complained about pop up messages but there is really big chance that they played Tutorial so those messages are common. Also we still don;t know if there is HUD customization etc. so complaining about those things should wait for a bit.

Nyoro SF

Did Steam change something where you can't see the prices of the games on your wishlist anymore? I'm not seeing this on the website or the mobile app.

That's frustrating.

It looks like the link to the Store Page from the Community Hub is completely gone. That's really stupid if it's not just something on my end.

Shadownet

Banned
I don't think I'll ever be done with Witcher 3.. 31 hours in and I still haven't seen Novigrad.

At this point Novigrad starting to feel like Disney World for a kid. You're always wondering when you will finally get to go.

cyba89

by the way - it's already out :)

I had fun with the first game, but I think Paradox didn't do themselves a favor with throwing this Magicka in several bundles and having it on sale every other week. Especially with their DLC politic.

This game just screams "wait for the complete edition or indie bundle" to me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Pizza, lewdness, and Japanese character sets in one night? Late night Gaf has all the fun :/

The 27€? Fu pork :(

Don't shoot the messenger ;_; I would love for it to be $15, so I would actually be able to afford it instead of waiting for a 50%-75% off sale.

Hello everyone, how has everyone been? I have been away since last weekend, not that anybody noticed anything or that I was being missed.

Anyway, my second gem was born in Sunday. A baby girl :)
Say hello to her :)

Congrats!

I'm okay with this. I still need to play Apocalypse and Enemy Unknown, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bioshock MOBA, just you wait!

BioShock ARPG.

Msfz6Qg.jpg

Kaleinc

Banned
I had fun with the first game, but I think Paradox didn't do themselves a favor with throwing this Magicka in several bundles and having it on sale every other week. Especially with their DLC politic.

This game just screams "wait for the complete edition or indie bundle" to me.
Yeah, I wanted to give Magica a shot but DLCs still scare me off.

Dr Dogg

Also Jason from Kotaku complained about pop up messages but there is really big chance that they played Tutorial so those messages are common. Also we still don;t know if there is HUD customization etc. so complaining about those things should wait for a bit.

I don't know I think he raises some fair points that bring him of of the experience. I know quite a few folks who hate stuff like achievement notification and tickers popping up all the time when they want to be immersed in a game. Really though it's so thin on the ground as to impressions that it reads more like some random saps blog post than and article by 'The Lord and Saviour of Games Journalism'. I mean it's does very little to inform, gives next to no insight about the games systems or mechanics, doesn't even mention anything about the plot. More just 'went to play this game at a event you lot weren't invited to and I didn't like this one tiny thing about it and shock horror game in development still needs some kinks worked out from the framerate' and not a lot else in only 412 words. That's more my take on it and I'm wondering why they even bothered going if that was going to be the write up afterwards. May as well wait to review it and not bother going to the prerelease media circus style events.

dex3108

I don't know I think he raises some fair points that bring him of of the experience. I know quite a few folks who hate stuff like achievement notification and tickers popping up all the time when they want to be immersed in a game. Really though it's so thin on the ground as to impressions that it reads more like some random saps blog post than and article by 'The Lord and Saviour of Games Journalism'. I mean it's does very little to inform, gives next to no insight about the games systems or mechanics, doesn't even mention anything about the plot. More just 'went to play this game at a event you lot weren't invited to and I didn't like this one tiny thing about it and shock horror game in development still needs some kinks worked out from the framerate' and not a lot else in only 412 words. That's more my take on it and I'm wondering why they even bothered going if that was going to be the write up afterwards. May as well wait to review it and not bother going to the prerelease media circus style events.

Yeap preview in general is bad. But the need those clicks.

Turfster

Daily Killing Floor 2 15% off

Midweek
  • Degica (RPG Maker) up to 80% off
  • Construction Simulator 2015 60% off
  • Sleepydogs Definitive 75% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom