• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Also, I played a bit of console Witcher 3 over the weekend. Eh that was weird. Aside from the obvious performance problems, the loading times are out of control in those versions.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

giphy.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, that's certainly different from Humble.

I wonder how it's "US Only" stance on this bundle will affect the total money earned here. Should be interesting - because even as someone in the US with both a Wii U and a 3DS, I'm not interested in any of the games on offer since I have most of them on other platforms already.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wow

Nintendo is more modern than I realized.

It has store region limitations.

Not that the other consoles have digital store region limitations too, but don't tell that to the doomsayers.

Well, that's certainly different from Humble.

I wonder how it's "US Only" stance on this bundle will affect the total money earned here. Should be interesting - because even as someone in the US with both a Wii U and a 3DS, I'm not interested in any of the games on offer since I have most of them on other platforms already.

To be honest, only PC digital sales allow cross region (and even then we are getting finicky with Steam activation). You can't say the same for consoles which is rather strict save for a few exceptions.

Gaming Side WILL show its ugly, stupid rear towards this.

Dr Dogg

And peeps were up in arms at the CAfaction of the Steam thread when AKIBA'S TRIP is an assault on the eyes with a fuckton of post process effects going on.

Also isn't Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay part of our beloved PAL contingent?

Zia

It hasn't grabbed me in the way AS1 did, but it's still pretty good. Soundcloud intergration is great, and the algorithm is the best it's ever been. I recommend giving the demo a spin to see if it's worth it. I was mainly a puzzle player (Pusher), and I don't feel they got it just right yet.

Yeah, I'm not into the anime style, but the gameplay is really good.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out the demo.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Humble Fuck The Rest Of The World Bundle

yeah, that's gonna go over well with people ......

Turfster

Not that the other consoles have digital store region limitations too, but don't tell that to the doomsayers.
I have a PSN account for every region that all work on the same PS3.
Can you have multi-region accounts with the nintendo stuff?
The fact that there's a big "YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE THIS FILTHY FOREIGNER" warning makes me think not, tho.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well that looks interesting, maybe Nintendo are doing something interesting and cool in the digital sphere..

oh, wait

Thanks for that Nintendo, I needed the laugh.

And here I thought it'd be contained in Gaming Side.

I have a PSN account for every region that all work on the same PS3.
Can you have multi-region accounts with the nintendo stuff?
The fact that there's a big "YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE THIS FILTHY FOREIGNER" warning makes me think not, tho.

No, you misunderstand what I mean.

Your US account cannot buy anything from the Japanese store. Your US game cannot buy DLC from EU store (unless those are specific games), etc. US codes won't work with Japanese account. Etc.

Yeah, sales are often region specific, especially for consoles, so that doesn't particularly surprise me.

Yeah too bad they'll see it as MUH REGION LOCK GAMING.

The amiibo and Pokemon threads already made my head lose a few cells that I wouldn't even bother clicking that Nindie bundle.

Kuroyume

Banned
When was the last good humble bundle? Feels like it was 20 years ago. Ubisoft? Crap. Paradox? Bunch of stuff bundled a billion times already. And now something that's not even for the PC? Come on.

Dr Dogg

Ubisoft are probably laughing their arse's off right now that even their meagre Uplay bungle will probably sell more than Nintendo's bizarre offering.

MUnited83

For you.

To be honest, only PC digital sales allow cross region (and even then we are getting finicky with Steam activation). You can't say the same for consoles which is rather strict save for a few exceptions.

Gaming Side WILL show its ugly, stupid rear towards this.

Except, you know, nothing stops you from making a US account on PS4/XB1 even if you are not in the US.

Try making a US account on a European Wii U and guess what happens...

It's not the same shit, not even remotely. Don't try to compare them.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hello everyone, how has everyone been? I have been away since last weekend, not that anybody noticed anything or that I was being missed.

Anyway, my second gem was born in Sunday. A baby girl :)
Say hello to her :)

Congrats on the bundle, Deques!

Not so congrats on the bundle, Humble. Region locked isn't going to go over very well, and I hope it doesn't to continue to nail it into Nintendo's skulls that region locking serves no good purpose for consumers and it has to stop. Could this go down as a big of a blunder as the Humble UDontPlay Bundle? That said, it's a pretty nice selection of software!

And damn, great day for Anime games on Steam today. Akiba's Trip and Guilty Gear XX AC+R launching and a discount on Phantom Breaker. Almost as good as that XSeed Bundle dream Knurek posted earlier. Almost.

Turfster

No, you misunderstand what I mean.

Your US account cannot buy anything from the Japanese store. Your US game cannot buy DLC from EU store (unless those are specific games), etc. US codes won't work with Japanese account. Etc.
Yes, but with money on my US PSN account, I can buy US store things and play them on my PAL PS3.
Nintendo explicitly regionlocks the console, apparently.

Knurek

Also, think, guys. It's a mainline Humble, so two more weeks of this shit.
Should've been a weekly tops, if not mobile one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom