• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have Guacamelee, Steamworld Dig, and OlliOlli on Steam, but the rest make this already worth it. I wonder what else is coming.

Sendou

iron Brigade is now GFWL-less and 80% off.

Double Fine got the rights back it seems. Very nice stuff.

Now with Steam Matchmaking!
8:58pm

Dearest Iron Brigade players! Tis with great pleasure we announce that Double Fine recently regained the rights to publish Iron Brigade on PC, Mac, and Linux and as such did an update to add Steam matchmaking, in addition to a few other bug fixes and improvements!

The update was released today for PC, Mac, and LINUX. To celebrate, the game is currently available for 80% off.

There are currently no plans to rename the game, "Trenched."

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/115120/announcements#scrollTop=0

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Except, you know, nothing stops you from making a US account on PS4/XB1 even if you are not in the US.

Try making a US account on a European Wii U and guess what happens...

It's not the same shit, not even remotely. Don't try to compare them.

You're missing the point of my post. The point is that stores are strictly based on the region on the account. And even then, stuff like DLC is at the mercy of the region of the game with only few games being exceptions (notably, Capcom games).

Don't argue with me because I am holding Jojo ASB region 3 and its store is strictly using the Asian store for PSN, so I have to buy Chinese game cards to buy the characters.

Yes, but with money on my US PSN account, I can buy US store things and play them on my PAL PS3.
Nintendo explicitly regionlocks the console, apparently.

Yes, but the problem here specifically is people assuming the codes being "locked" to a region store is a Nintendo thing when in fact it's a console thing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The worst part about this other than HB only providing keys for NA when they could also provide keys for EU users is that the BTA is now at roughly $9.00.

I guess this is what happens when platforms that usually have relatively weak sales finally get a good deal.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
There's nothing stopping Humble/devs/pubs from putting EU etc regioned codes on sale too. Yet here we are.

MUnited83

For you.
You're missing the point of my post. The point is that stores are strictly based on the region on the account. And even then, stuff like DLC is at the mercy of the region of the game with only few games being exceptions (notably, Capcom games).

Don't argue with me because I am holding Jojo ASB region 3 and its store is strictly using the Asian store for PSN, so I have to buy Chinese game cards to buy the characters.

So? I don't see your point. You can actually buy and fucking play things bought out of your region. You can still use the specific PSN region account to buy the DLC you need.

That's not comparable in any way to a system where you are not able to buy or play ANYTHING out of your region. Of course people will complain about this. It's region locking taken to the extreme. If it was a PSN or XBL bundle anyone could have made an account to redeem the games on. Not possible here thanks to archaic Nintendo polices.

Dr Dogg

It's alright we know how this works with Nintendo's regional HQ's. NoA are awful and don't listen to their user base where as Shibata and co pull out all the stops. Watch NoE put up their own bundle later with games you'll actually want and not already own on Steam. Pretty please :(

Boss Doggie

There's nothing stopping Humble/devs/pubs from putting EU etc regioned codes on sale too. Yet here we are.

I'm more surprised they didn't put out "universal" codes that work regardless of region. Has that thing ever existed in console digital stores?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Killing Floor 2 update going live soon:

**Note - This update is not yet live**

Maps
New map: Völter Manor
Added collectable items and related achievements to all 4 existing maps
Numerous fixes to cosmetic issues and map exploits in Biotics Lab, Burning Paris and Outpost

Characters
Added 2 new characters for owners of the original Killing Floor: Classic Briar and Classic Masterson

UI
Improved XP barks on player HUD
Added "Killed by" messages on HUD
Voice comms select on close instead of requiring a mouse click

General
Update bugsplat to give us more information, which may add a delay when submitting.
Added a clientside filter for full servers (in addition to server-side)
Increased the EndOfGameDelay to 15 seconds
Fixed unintended extra applications of Field Medic’s Armament and Vaccination buffs when using Medic Grenades
Slowed down AI movement speed slightly in HOE
Crash fix for servers that have improperly set up server actors
Fixed issues when connecting to passworded servers via command line and Steam invites
Fixed some FX not being affected by night vision goggles when motion blur is enabled

Editor
Enabled UE stats for the SDK only

Dr Dogg

But they'll all be left unclaimed or lots of angry peeps finding out they can't use them and then this place gets burnt to the ground in the aftermath. I suppose that could be seen as a success to some people.

Boss Doggie

Killing Floor 2 update going live soon:

No new class :(

So? I don't see your point. You can actually buy and fucking play things bought out of your region. You can still use the specific PSN region account to buy the DLC you need.

That's not comparable in any way to a system where you are not able to buy or play ANYTHING out of your region. Of course people will complain about this. It's region locking taken to the extreme. If it was a PSN or XBL bundle anyone could have made an account to redeem the games on. Not possible here thanks to archaic Nintendo polices.

It's not "universal" as what people like to spout, which is my point. And you have to go through hoops. Yeah it sucks region locking is there, but to say that the others don't have shit like limited console account link and store-specific digital content and that they are paradise is in fact ignorant or naive. Also region locking "to the extreme"? How can it be extreme when in fact it is "archaic"?

I think Steam is the only one with a locking feature that has unlimited machine use, and primarily because it is a PC service.

Dsyndrome

I hate moving. Spending my day watching folks packing my games and comfy couch and such. Can't do much besides hold my dachshund to keep him from barking like an asshole.

Asgaro

yHIK9IW.gif

Btw, laughing at
people getting their jimmies rustled over this news
. Not the fact we have to wait so long.

MUnited83

For you.
No new class :(

It's not "universal" as what people like to spout, which is my point. And you have to go through hoops. Yeah it sucks region locking is there, but to say that the others don't have shit like limited console account link and store-specific digital content and that they are paradise is in fact ignorant or naive. Also region locking "to the extreme"? How can it be extreme when in fact it is "archaic"?

I think Steam is the only one with a locking feature that has unlimited machine use, and primarily because it is a PC service.

Unless somehow the Nintendo bundle thread is full of people(it isn't btw) claiming the other systems are completely universal then I don't see what is your point really People are rightfully complaining about the archaic idiotic region locking system of the Wii U. If it wasn't for it, anyone could have enjoyed the games in those bundle in a way or another.

yuraya

Why are people saying they are betrayed by humble? Don't forget Nintendo has gone mobile.

This bundle is no different than any of the android bundles. It was only a matter of time :p

So, The Novelist.

Is it any good?

I wanted to get it until I read about the ghost shit.

yHIK9IW.gif

Btw, laughing at
people getting their jimmies rustled over this news
. Not the fact we have to wait so long.

Yeah, it was sort of common knowledge that we wouldn't hear anything from that studio regarding their next game for a considerable while.

If people think TW3 destroys computers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom