• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
18axme3nbbjynjpg.jpg

So Akiba's Trip port is, uh, garbage-tier for the moment it seems. Especially on full-screen mode, if I alt+tab, it won't return so I need to kill the game from task manager.
And I wonder if it has problem with Steam overlay, I took a screenshot and then the game non-responsive.
Currently I play 1280x720 windowed, frame rates ranging from cinematic 24fps outside and 30fps inside. Toying with the just-there settings don't do much. It's playable at least.
Spec:
i5-2450 2.5ghz
GT630M 2GB VRAM
8GB RAM
Win 7 64-bit
Not a powerhouse ofc, but it run MGSVGZ lowest setting at 60fps just for comparison.

Very disappointing

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So Akiba's Trip port is, uh, garbage-tier for the moment it seems. Especially on full-screen mode, if I alt+tab, it won't return so I need to kill the game from task manager.
And I wonder if it has problem with Steam overlay, I took a screenshot and then the game non-responsive.
Currently I play 1280x720 windowed, frame rates ranging from cinematic 24fps outside and 30fps inside. Toying with the just-there settings don't do much. It's playable at least.
Spec:
i5-2450 2.5ghz
GT630M 2GB VRAM
8GB RAM
Win 7 64-bit
Not a powerhouse ofc, but it run MGSVGZ lowest setting at 60fps just for comparison.

Really unfortunate. I also heard that the game doesn't properly scale resolutions, so it's actually not rendering the 3D models at 1080p even if the game window is at that resolution.

Jawmuncher

Spec:
i5-2450 2.5ghz
GT630M 2GB VRAM
8GB RAM
Win 7 64-bit

Wonder if the game is stuck to 30FPS. I think PSV, PS3, and PS4 are all 30.

baterism

Very disappointing

Yeah it is. It looked like first-timer job. I hope they will keep fixing it. I remember TiTS launch was also not that smooth.
VC port was stellar, NepRB1 was also quite good. But AT reminds us that some Japanese devs still have some problem with porting. I will keep supporting them, though. At least it is playable. Hopefully in the future the ports will be better.

Wonder if the game is stuck to 30FPS. I think PSV, PS3, and PS4 are all 30.

It's locked 30fps I'm sure. Being a brawler, the control sure feel a little bit "cinematic".

Really unfortunate. I also heard that the game doesn't properly scale resolutions, so it's actually not rendering the 3D models at 1080p even if the game window is at that resolution.

I'm not sure. But it's does feel quite strange. I wonder if it because all those funky post-pro stuff that embedded in engine coded in such a weird way. I guess we need to wait for Durante verdict on that.

Worth $2.99? Only thing I don't like is it seems to have unnecessary and overpriced DLC.

Visually looks really nice and I know plenty people like 2D brawlers.

Might buy as gift if card money is enough.

Wow, a one-character DLC costs the same as the base game!
Wait, what kind of game is this

:O
Please people. Post the name of the games.

Please.

Don't be those guys.
Never would have thought console-game-bundles would happen. Pretty cool for console folks. Especially Nintendo since they usually stay at high prices.

But for me this means nothing, haha. Also, region-locking sucks.
A man who has never played Sleepy Dawgs is never a whole man.

If I wasn't up to my eyes in Open World jankyness as of late I'd have started up a Definitive Edition playthrough.

Parsnip

iron Brigade is now GFWL-less and 80% off.

Oh nice.
I was wondering if they were ever going to finish that work since there were no changes in steamdb for many months.

But they need to change the config, it looks like it still installs g4wl during first launch (if I'm reading this right).

tm24

So i need a new computer chair since the lock on my chair seems broken and wont stay at the locked height. Any recommendations?

KarmaCow

How is Iron Brigrade? I like TPS Tower Defense games like Orcs Must Die but after getting it in a bundle, I didn't even bother installing it because of GFWL.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Licensed characters are never cheap.
I wonder if that makes PB:BG DLC a target for getting pulled some day based on licensing issues...

The people who made the game are the license holders for Steins;Gate

AFAIK, it's still local only with the devs having stated back in March that they'd be looking into adding online MP.

Yeah they have a beta branch with the netcode in it on a non-public branch that gets updated frequently so hopefully it comes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom