• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Human Element is officially dead now? Not a real loss there but I hadn't heard anything official despite their big "reveal" at the TGAs.

That's an interesting turn. He used to be community manager for Infinity Ward and then left to make his own game (which I am reading failed in development).

HUH??? When did this happen???

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=975791
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002020

The people who made the game are the license holders for Steins;Gate

License holder and IP owner are entirely different.
Capcom was the license holder for Marvel and made UMvC3... and then Marvel said "license is done, you're done." And UMvC3 got pulled. So unless the company behind PB:BG *owns* Steins;Gate, there's always some level of risk that they could lose the license in the future.

Wow the Nintendo Humble is region locked? Humble Bundle finds new ways to disappoint me week after week

You mean you weren't disappointed by the fact that it's a WiiU/3DS bundle to begin with? :lol

Jazz573

So unless the company behind PB:BG *owns* Steins;Gate, there's always some level of risk that they could lose the license in the future.

They do. It's by MAGES, a subsidiary of 5pb, one of the companies involved in Steins;Gate. Of course Nitroplus's involvement makes things a little more complicated.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
People keep saying that Witcher 3's art style is amazing, beautiful, etc. but I just don't see it? It looks normal to me, I haven't seen anything really out of the ordinary.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
License holder and IP owner are entirely different.
Capcom was the license holder for Marvel and made UMvC3... and then Marvel said "license is done, you're done." And UMvC3 got pulled. So unless the company behind PB:BG *owns* Steins;Gate, there's always some level of risk that they could lose the license in the future.

MAGES/5pb created Steins;Gate and it's characters in conjunction with Nitro+. :p

You mean you weren't disappointed by the fact that it's a WiiU/3DS bundle to begin with? :lol

I like that they have finally done console codes. Indie games live there too.

I just think this bundle is too heavy on games that i could, and have in many cases, already buy on steam.

That and I don't have a wii U, but I still would encourage more bundles like this. I have to wonder how much the Nintendo gaming and bundle savvy crowds actually overlap though.

Wow the Nintendo Humble is region locked? Humble Bundle finds new ways to disappoint me week after week

Sounds like some people at NoA wanted it to be a global bundle and are hoping to be able to set one up in the future. It's a shame that this first Nintendo bundle was region locked, though.

What's wrong with sharing the Humble Bundle love with consoles?

Jazz573

must be hard being you >:3

friend of mine is like aggressively pushing steins gate on me

should iwatch eet?

You could watch it, but I'd recommend playing it instead. I've heard the anime is pretty good, but I don't watch anime so I couldn't tell you the quality.

tmarg

Nintendo's region locking is lame, but this is absolutely nothing new to anyone who pays attention to Nintendo. NoA and NoE run different promotions every week. I really don't understand why this is what set everyone off.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Nintendo's region locking is lame, but this is absolutely nothing new to anyone who pays attention to Nintendo. NoA and NoE run different promotions every week. I really don't understand why this is what set everyone off.

I think it's because this is the first HB to be region locked (not that it's really HB's fault). Both MS and Sony's consoles can have accounts of any region on any console, so an NA region bundle from them wouldn't be much of a hassle. Just create an NA account on your PAL region console and download that way. Nintendo's hardware is locked via hardware (I believe), so there's no workaround.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iCarly shits on all anime.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-1710-1343242634-3.gif

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Parallax -- MB-B85FEDE76A9C7CB9 - Taken by Nabs

Dr Dogg

So after almost a week of sofa surfing playing shit (or more over just The Witcher 3) on the TV moving back to the man cave desk and getting up close with a 2560x1440 monitor is like a rude awakening. It's like putting on a pair of glasses and not realising how fucked your eyesight was before (which is odd as I don't near nor wear glasses). Plus even though my Dell has in and around 12-16ms of signal processing it sure waaaaay lower than the TV in the lounge.

tried asking this in the OT but can't get an answer...for anyone playing Witcher 3

are there any negative repurcussions for finding and
looting a guarded treasure
before finding a letter or anything that's supposed to lead you there?

Arthea

IDK why I waited so long, Phantom Breaker is really fun as I thought it is.

Are some cheevos of Phantom Breaker bugged? I leveled Kurisu but didn't got level character achievement.

That's fine, but with VNs I always feel the source material should be chosen over the adaptation.

gotta agree with this, enough examples of anime not doing VN justice or missing some vital parts.

zkylon

zkylewd
The saddest yet funniest anime there is. Fan Dub of a great scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmm4Iqr9vtU

BOIRING

yea that's pretty good

nowhere near close to psycho pass but pretty good

That's fine, but with VNs I always feel the source material should be chosen over the adaptation.
might be true but i find vns boring

it's like a book without the imagination or like a movie without the fun of having moving pictures, vo and you know, fun shit

i'm sure umineko and shit are good enough that this is not a big issue but unless your vn does something interesting with gameplay like analogue: a hate story den i think its boring

don't watch it, it's as mediocre and overrated as evangelion
lol terrible opinion alert

evangelion was a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom