• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've only got 40 games installed on my laptop and I'm too lazy to check how many I've installed on my desktop, so there's that.

The only PC games that I'm really playing at the moment are Out There and kotor. Out There is pretty good, but I doubt I'll ever actually finish it since you need to rely heavily on luck to make any progress. It's definitely a fun game, and a nice alternative to ftl if you want that game's style of sci-fi atmosphere, with the combat replaced by resource management.

my lord, why do guys have so much shit installed tho? are you guys rocking like a 3TB harddrive or something?

My drive setup:
C: (OS) Intel 520 Series 180GB SATA III Solid State Drive
D: (Games 1)Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB
E: (Games 2) Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB
F: (Temp / virtual memory) 32 gig Samsung SSD mSata
H: (Data) WD Green 5TB 64MB

So... 9.2 TB of storage? Not counting whats in my server and external drives.
I have about 230 games installed.

Hey guys, what's currently the best way to hook a Dualshock 4 up to PC?

can even use sweet macros so you can take screenshots on the controller while you're not in big picture mode. speaking of which does anyone know how to set up the macro so it only activates ones the buttons are released? I have it so that when L3 and R3 are pressed together it emulates F12 but i want to delay the emulation so it only happens once the buttons are released to avoid accidentally taking useless photos while I wait on load screens(i normally press all the buttons when a game is doing a loading screen)
I have something like 10TB of HD space, yes. The drive that Steam games are in happens to be 3TB actually.
Then there's also external backups.

I'm a digital pack rat.

272 games (including demos) installed, most on a 2TB HDD

Uh. I have 400 games installed. *shrug*
My drive setup:
C: (OS) Intel 520 Series 180GB SATA III Solid State Drive
D: (Games 1)Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB
E: (Games 2) Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB
F: (Temp / virtual memory) 32 gig Samsung SSD mSata
H: (Data) WD Green 5TB 64MB

So... 9.2 TB of storage? Not counting whats in my server and external drives.
I have about 230 games installed.

I'm dead. I don't even know what I'd do with 10TB.

Nabs

can even use sweet macros so you can take screenshots on the controller while you're not in big picture mode. speaking of which does anyone know how to set up the macro so it only activates ones the buttons are released? I have it so that when L3 and R3 are pressed together it emulates F12 but i want to delay the emulation so it only happens once the buttons are released to avoid accidentally taking useless photos while I wait on load screens(i normally press all the buttons when a game is doing a loading screen)

You could just use the touchpad instead. Either use one of the two buttons, or enable swipe controls.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Anomaly 2 -- MB-FC9B80EAB89DF1E8 - Taken by xGreg

Hope it works. At least according to the Humble Bundle its unclaimed.

Nabs

i don't even know how to macro

You can set macros in the button config (top right after you press a button), or you can click on the "Special Action" tab in the profile config to do even more shit. You can set different button combos to launch programs, load profiles, press/toggle keys, or even check battery. So I have a Special Action of L2+Touchpad Swipe Up to launch Borderless Gaming, and I have another combo that shows me how much battery is left via the lightbar. Pretty cool stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-8F3C490033745E37
War, the Game -- MB-0240AC184793DC88 - Taken by NingenJanai
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-A10D159D0A2883ED - Taken by Blu(e)
About Love, Hate and the other ones -- MB-4377091127200436 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

421 games installed out of 649, using 1,3tb of a 2tb hdd. Uninstalling is a difficult thing for me, even if i probably wont play the game again for a long time. Nowadays, it's mostly because of screenshots, and even then, i stopped to post on the screenshots thread.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Train Town -- MB-64232BBFF951FF98 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-D63DB8ADAB4718C3 - Taken by xGreg
POTATOMAN SEEKS THE TROOF -- MB-A8DFB31A0E41E821 - Taken by Tesseract
Vanguard Princess -- MB-BE0597AABC01022B - Taken by Undead Bokun
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. -- MB-2BE9A5A79A2E254C - Taken by texhnolyze
Battleplan: American Civil War -- MB-973A0E33DD9E6C26 - Taken by nja
Gun Monkeys -- MB-60211F7615561D36 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.

Khronico

Well, buying TFU2 was a mistake.

Not only is it a horrible port, it's not even that great of a game. The only redeeming thing about it all is the combat and even then it's just God of War with force powers. The story though... woof, that's, uh... let's just say I was pausing every few seconds to see if the next level had loaded so I could skip the cutscene.

I remember enjoying the TFU1 demo on PS3 back in the day, and it seems to be more well regarded than 2, so hopefully this'll be a better experience.

I'm probably gonna end up disliking act 2 of Broken Age, I'm really enjoying the adventure-lite aspect of it on my second playthrough.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So the content featured in the Batman Arkham Knight season pass has been revealed.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

The bolded will probably be story content, the italicized parts are probably going to be useless garbage and challenge maps. The description for Gotham City Stories makes it sound like challenge maps in the vein of the Initiation DLC from Origins, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

If that season pass story content for Arkham Knight is roughly the same length as Cold Cold Heart or Harley Quinn's Revenge then it isn't worth buying at full price. I love Arkham games but the season passes aren't worth buying for more than 5$.

Also the 40$ season pass doesn't include ALL content, there's story content where you get to play as The Red Hood that's specific to pre-ordering at Gamestop. On top of the playable Harley Quinn pre-order bonus.

It's like Warner Bros cherry picked Ubisoft execs.

Jawmuncher

I'm making a thread right now and apparently, if i'm not doing something wrong.
The Dreamcast version looks better than the PC version. Using emulation with resolution set to native and nothing else active.
Will mess around some more.

Kagemusha

1,200 games installed between GOG.com and Steam takes up 3 TB.

I'm close to finishing:

Dark Souls II
Pillars of Eternity
South Park
Bastion
Borderlands 2
Broken Age
DE: Human Revolution
FF XIII
Tomb Raider

GaussTek

Finally updated my phone to Lollipop, only to find out that the Amazon app store version of Final Fantasy IV doesn't work (and if you download it again, it doesn't even install). Apparently, the Google Play version works, but the Amazon one hasn't been updated since release heh... Glad that I got it for free lol, but feel a bit bad for those who paid $15.99.

Oh well, I guess I'll just grab the Steam version, along with The After Years. Was planning to get the Google Play versions but they will probably stop working again on the next SO update lol (S-E is a mess on Android in general, a lot of their games don't work at all on 5.0).

Morning guys
9c55429ec7.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bejeweled 3 -- MB-5EBAB2A2AFBAE938 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 1 entrants total.

t1430626627z1.png

Sch1sm

Yeah, uh. Android gaming is a bit of a mess. Doesn't help that Lollipop introduced plenty of memory leak. Doesn't help with them, lol.

Turfster

Sigh. And then a friend gifted me AssTree.
Guess I'll give it another chance on PC...

Addendum: So yeah, The 75% off AssTree on the Humble store gives you a Steam key too, which is how I was tricked =p

Gah, now I need a party member named Todd Hunter. Suddenly, kicking three people out of my Eternity GAF run (I guess). Which keeps getting delayed cause the patch keeps getting delayed.

pahamrick

I've got around 200 games installed between Steam, Origin and Uplay.

I've been jumping between a lot just checking out performance but the main ones I've really been seriously playing:

Dead Rising 3
Far Cry 4
Watch Dogs (I say seriously playing, but I've mainly been screwing around in the 1v1 multiplayer stuff, I seriously enjoy that part.)
Mortal Kombat X

I'm waiting for the new Pillars patch before jumping back into that.

Also, the DSR for nVidia is pretty nice. I tried downsampling Deus Ex: HR DC from 4k, and once I did the required registry edits the game was pretty smooth and with beautiful IQ.

Tizoc

FLD

Can't tell whether that's Barbra Gordon or Cassandra Cain as Batgirl...

Not familiar with Cassandra Cain but Barbara Gordon is already in the Arkhamverse as Oracle as far back as Asylum, so that's probably not her. I guess that depends how far back of a prequel it is, though.

Turfster

11061227_969906649708494_107844308781169782_n.jpg

Can't tell whether that's Barbra Gordon or Cassandra Cain as Batgirl...

Since DC is run by idiots that want to go back to their childhood, it's probably Babs.
Also, not listing Steph? Shame on you! ;)

Actually, now that I've actually seen the image, it doesn't match ANY of the batgirls we've had.
Wrong hair colour for Babs (unless it's a colour-leeched red) and Steph, wrong hair length and suit style for Cass.

Momentary

Banned
People say that you can't see 120fps... I'm calling bullshit on that, or I must have some bad ass eyes. Somehow my monitor went back to 60hz and I could IMMEDIATELY tell that the framerate had lost it's smoothness on Advance Warfare. Then I exited to the desktop and saw my menus and mouse weren't moving as smooth as they usually were and went to options to change back to 120hz.

For shits and giggles I set the monitor to 30hz and holy crap. How can a human being even work on a PC with that kind of framerate much less play a game.

Turfster

For shits and giggles I set the monitor to 30hz and holy crap. How can a human being even work on a PC with that kind of framerate much less play a game.

What.
Nobody works on a 30hz refresh rate.
Nobody. Ever. Even my monochrome and CGA screens had a higher refresh rate =p

Corpekata

Banned
People say that you can't see 120fps... I'm calling bullshit on that, or I must have some bad ass eyes. Somehow my monitor went back to 60hz and I could IMMEDIATELY tell that the framerate had lost it's smoothness on Advance Warfare. Then I exited to the desktop and saw my menus and mouse weren't moving as smooth as they usually were and went to options to change back to 120hz.

There are also people out there that will try to tell you you can't see 60 FPS. People just be dumb.

It's not as big of a gap as between 30 and 60, but it's noticeable.

Coldsun

Banned
There are also people out there that will try to tell you you can't see 60 FPS. People just be dumb.

It's not as big of a gap as between 30 and 60, but it's noticeable.

Considering neuro-science tests have shown military fighter pilots picking up an image flashed 1/255th of a second, yeah, we can definitely see above 60 or 120fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom