• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

soon

http://i.imgur.com/Y5cD5Ta.webm

Y5cD5Ta.webm

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does anyone have a monitor with a "games" setting / toggle and knows if you can somehow make it so its always like that instead of having to turn it on everytime it goes to sleep or turns off?

Mine looks so much sharper with it on but most of the time I forget to use it >_>

Jazz573

Are all those actual games?

Well..."games"

Yep. VNs are games though. I think many of those are nukige (eroge focused on sex rather than story), however not all of them, Rance Quest for instance is an RPG / VN hybrid, and it's more story focused than sex focused. It's also an entry in a series that has been running since 1989. They're actually pretty good games if you can stomach playing games with erotic content.

Lain

JaseC has my sword, he would make the better sale thread, with updates and tons of information on the front page and all sort of Steam links, so I wouldn't even need to scour the thread, just look at the front page every 8 hours and be good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is steam going netflix now or was the video streaming categorie always there?
http://store.steampowered.com/search/#category1=992&sort_by=Released_DESC&page=1

It's been there for a while now. Sadly, videos do not count as games. :(

It's even being sold for the same exact price. No originality!

*JaseC alert* You know you'd better jump on that before it gets removed or something. You never know.

If anything the dev will just be forced to update the Early Access description, but I doubt Valve overly cares about people reusing the Early Access information of others provided it's an accurate representation of the game it's been repurposed for.

Man, if Valve is thinking of organizing 4 in-house Dota tournaments per year despite them saying TI (and that one SDD) already taking much of out them, then really what is stopping them to organize at least one for CS, or make a general Valve conference? I don't like this favoritism.

Messiah

Guilty Gear seems really cool, why didn't I try this series sooner?

Although there certainly could have been a better introduction to the game's systems than one help page in the options menu.

Now all I need is GG: Xrd Revelator on Steam.

JaseC

Man, if Valve is thinking of organizing 4 in-house Dota tournaments per year despite them saying TI (and that one SDD) already taking much of out them, then really what is stopping them to organize at least one for CS, or make a general Valve conference? I don't like this favoritism.

Half-Life 3 lolololol.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's a good victory theme for a video i'm making

I was enjoying the energetic buzz of an ER.
Nothing happened, just docs being cautious.

lucky you

i love hospitals

when my mom got like an allergic shock or something like that and i got to ride on the ambulance that was so rad

but then it was liek a shitty ambulance not at all like the ones in the movies

Huzzah!
witcher3deathmarch9ds4e.png

Not going to write up a detailed post as I have work to do but the game held a shocking level of quality throughout the 58 hours it took me to finish the game. That said the final boss is horrendous and reminded me of the Dark Vader fight from the Force Unleashed. Completely boring and tedious. Also really disappointed that the game's post ending"And here is what happened to everyone" was in comic format and not given actual scenes. Would have been nice to see
my new life with Triss.

Bigby

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Alternative Look for Yennefer

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Contract: Missing Miners

Are out on Steam.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/37e9qa/video_game_communities_on_steam_oc/

Kinda interesting to see how various communities cross over. It would be a lot more interesting with more complete data I think, since you'd probably see more obscure relationships. I'd also want to see how it would have changed over time. A lot of constellations based on publishers, what's free-to-play, and genres. Not a lot jumps out at me, though it is amusing and expected to see Call of Duty basically off on it's own with tiny connections to ARMA and Saints Row the Third and the thinnest of all possible connections to CSGO.

I don't really get the connection between Life is Strange and Mortal Kombat X. Or Wolfenstein TNO. People who buy new games?

Oh yeah, GAF is going down for maintenance in an hour. Heads up.

I would assume they were on sale during a similar time period. The entire data set is a bit misleading because it only sampled a short time frame and only looked at activity. An analysis over a year or two that also accounts for price and percent discounted would be quite interesting however.

dex3108

I am trying to figure out what is the best way to present titles on sale for Summer Sale OT. There is usually 9 Dailies, 6 Flash and 3 Votes + User choice from previous vote. Challenge is to put as much info as i can in smallest format and that it still looks nice (like i did with E3 Conference banners).

Dailies are not issue they last 48 hours but Flash sales would need at least 2 updates per day (or 3 if Valve goes back to old 8 hour duration). So i will probably spend day making mock ups today and i will probably choose few of them and post here sou you can get feedback from you :D If somebody has idea already feel free to post it :D

JaseC

I am trying to figure out what is the best way to present titles on sale for Summer Sale OT. There is usually 9 Dailies, 6 Flash and 3 Votes + User choice from previous vote. Challenge is to put as much info as i can in smallest format and that it still looks nice (like i did with E3 Conference banners).

Dailies are not issue they last 48 hours but Flash sales would need at least 2 updates per day (or 3 if Valve goes back to old 8 hour duration). So i will probably spend day making mock ups today and i will probably choose few of them and post here sou you can get feedback from you :D If somebody has idea already feel free to post it :D

You're thinking about handling the thread, too? We should probably, like, agree on who's going to make it because that makes four people if you include Tizoc.

They added Downloadable Content section in W3 now there you can enable or disable alternative look for Yen.

That's always been there.

Edit: Oh, right, you're probably talking about the game itself, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom