• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Sins

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for 7Sins:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Borderlands 2 -- MB-DB25A35AB998B282 - Taken by Catshade

Got this for a while so I hope it works. :-S

Isn't Natsume =/= Marvelous or something? Harvest Moon or Story of Season, I'm not sure what is what anymore, I don't follow 3DS games.

Natsume is making the one that's actually called "Harvest Moon" (the Lost Valley being their newest one.) It's not quite like the previous Harvest Moon games made by Marvelous - in fact, it seems to have taken Minecraft elements.

Marvelous is making Story of Seasons, which is more like the direct predecessor to the previous HM games.

Catshade said:
Is Rune Factory a Natsume IP too?

Rune Factory 4 was made by Marvelous and published by XSEED, so that one's probably a no-go. The previous ones were published by Natsume, though, so....maybe?

baterism

Is Rune Factory a Natsume IP too?

Based on this yeah it's their IP.

But based on Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons fiasco that I red in some thread, it apparently different. Dunno.

Natsume is making the one that's actually called "Harvest Moon" (the Lost Valley being their newest one.) It's not quite like the previous Harvest Moon games made by Marvelous - in fact, it seems to have taken Minecraft elements.

Marvelous is making Story of Seasons, which is more like the direct predecessor to the previous HM games.

So... what is the difference between Natsume and Marvelous? Hmm, I'm confused.

I thought it belongs to Marvelous, but not that I'm sure of it

Marvelous produces/publishes both Rune Factory and Harvest Moon in Japan.

Natsume currently holds the rights for the Harvest Moon name so the most recent game had to change its name to Story of Seasons.

baterism

Marvelous developed the games, Natsume translated them and published them in North America.

So, Natsume USA is like a splinter group of the parent company?
Natsume JP = Marvelous?

I can see the PC title as up-res of their 3DS Harvest Moon (not SoS). I hope it's good, but I don't know what to expect.

Yeah Natsume doesn't handle the real Harvest Moon games anymore since Marvelous is just localizing it themselves now sans the HM name.

I see. At first I thought what kind of company could lose the right of name of their own product. Then I remember the JP name is different with US/EU name.
In short Natsume US is independent from Marvelous, right? May I ask what happened to Natsume JP? That Natsume kabukishi etc etc that I red in Wikipedia.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Isn't Natsume =/= Marvelous or something? Harvest Moon or Story of Season, I'm not sure what is what anymore, I don't follow 3DS games.

Btw, I just played Akiba's Trip again. And as expected, disabling Steam Overlay make the problems go. No more crash for me.

Performance still leave something to be desired, but going from 30fps to occasional 27fps doesn't really bothering me. Disabling AA and V-sync don't impact frame rates at all from my test.

Yeah Natsume doesn't handle the real Harvest Moon games anymore since Marvelous is just localizing it themselves now sans the HM name.

Shadownet

Banned
this makes me so happy
Lol I didn't even understand what happened at first. I had 6 guys surrounding me. Then a guy head just exploded and I see an arrow right where his head used to be. I look behind him and I see an archer..

I was like "lol the Mr.Archer. Just for that, you'll get to die last."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dirty Bomb is going open beta on June 2nd.

I assume that's the point at which it'll pop up on Steam with a FoD sub. Glad I got my key.

Haha, well, I am going to slow down a bit for the time being and ignore stuff that's discounted by <50% unless the item is particularly cheap. No point buying such games/DLC/software now when they're going to be much cheaper in just a matter of weeks (#TeamJuly).

I know this is totally subjective, but for those who've progressed through more of the Witcher 3 than I have (I'm still early in Act(?) 1), does the combat become too trivialized?

I'm asking because I'm on the second-to-hardest difficulty and I have to approach every single fight like it's lethal, which it often can be. Packs of dogs included. I don't hate the difficulty but it slows me down from making real progress on story.

But I don't want to reduce the difficulty if it makes the fights like the second half of the Witcher 2, where I rarely felt like dying was an actual possibility.

Dr Dogg

E3 will come and go and nary a mention of the Last Guardian, IGN or some other doofus outfit will run another 'The Last Guardian is cancelled for reals this time' baseless article and Yosp will come out yet again saying it's still in development. And so continues the longest troll in history to the poor sods still hoping it sees the light of day.

Chariot

Such a charming game and, IQ aside, it is performing pretty well for me.
Yes it's surprisingly fun. Isn't it depressing when you buy a game and you're surprised that you have actual fun with it? Combat and frequent loading screens are bothering me, but I starting to get the hang out of how to handle the former and quick travel works fine for the latter. Really digging characters and music. Still on the edge about Tohka and Kati though. They're both so cute.

Since howtobeat told me that a run only takes like 10 hours I will probably take a round through NG+.

Haha, well, I am going to slow down a bit for the time being and ignore stuff that's discounted by <50% unless the item is particularly cheap. No point buying such games/DLC/software now when they're going to be much cheaper in just a matter of weeks (#TeamJuly).

That philosophy is always applicable, sir... not just because the Summer sale will be here in a month or so. :p

No. Sony just paid for temporary exclusivity.

Sony still has console exclusivity, which is what Sony ultimately cares about, at the end of the day. People can't play No Man's Sky on Xbox, so it's something they can leverage to sway people in the market for a console to their side.

JaseC

...2K took down Evolve's store page for some reason.

Edit: Oh, seems to be a result of the server issues as TW3 is gone now, too.

Dr Dogg

You get a free demo, you get a free demo.

Everyone gets a free demo!

Apart from Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunters Reborn which is £10.99. Dinosaurs can't catch a break huh.

And lots of store pages redirect to the front store page so someone broke something.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
E3 will come and go and nary a mention of the Last Guardian, IGN or some other doofus outfit will run another 'The Last Guardian is cancelled for reals this time' baseless article and Yosp will come out yet again saying it's still in development. And so continues the longest troll in history to the poor sods still hoping it sees the light of day.

It's not too late to join in on the fun the crushed hopes and dreams The Last Guardian's funeral reception.

Chariot

giphy.gif

The dream is collapsing. Time to wake up.

JaseC

Sony still has console exclusivity, which is what Sony ultimately cares about, at the end of the day. People can't play No Man's Sky on Xbox, so it's something they can leverage to sway people in the market for a console to their side.

True. I was just making it clear that it's not a first-party (or "second-party") game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom