• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Dualshock 3. And it won't respond whether I'm in Big Picture Mode or not
Looks like the wrapper or whatever you use might need to be reinstalled. Or you could try another. Don't use DS3 but I know others here do.
Jawmuncher

Since you're into kickstarter lately, you should back this-
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tesladyne/atomic-robo-reprint-regalia?ref=nav_search

Why?
SO WE CAN HAVE EVEN MORE DR. DINOSAUR!
1ovTk59.jpg

Looks good.

derExperte

It is? I think I have it, tell me more

edited: I haven't played it, have I?

Do you like 2d puzzle games sprinkled with some platforming? Like Swapper? Instead of cloning yourself here you create entities out of liquids. They act by themselves which you have to exploit and make them do stuff or go somewhere. Not easy to explain but it quickly makes sense and is pretty original. One of my favourite games of 2012.

I have a bunch of Steam keys left over, what's the proper way to post them so only gafers can get them?

ModBot awaits your gifts: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592

Arthea

Do you like 2d puzzle games sprinkled with some platforming? Like Swapper? Instead of cloning yourself here you create entities out of liquids. They act by themselves which you have to exploit and make them do stuff or go somewhere. Not easy to explain but it quickly makes sense and is pretty original.

Swapper is way too dark for me, as you probably already know, I don't see good enough to play darker games, so if Vessel is not this dark, I at least will move it to my neverending things to play list. It sounds interesting from your description, and it looks like I haven't played it yet.

Dr Dogg

So I look on PSN and yet again I'm taunted with Mass Effect DLC on sale and Dead Space 2 DLC that never made it to PC. I'm just going to have to suck it up and buy the Disney dollar's Bioware Points I need for the remaining DLC items for Mass Effect 2 and 3 and play Dead Space 2 Severed on PS3 :(

I would post a pic, but it's pointless with minus it seems, so I'll just say, that's exactly how we imagine you down to moustache twiddling thing! You CA avatar can't fool anyone!

Flickr > every other image host known to man. Though I still use imgur for no nonsense, ease of use pics that I don't care if they get compressed.

i see what you mean and i can relate

i found something similar happen to me with dark souls 2

essentially the issue was that the dlc added high difficulty areas in a game that if you don't play for a while you get awfully rusty

so you load up your old save and try it and just get shit on by everything because you suck out of not playing the game for a couple months

ended up starting a new character to get reaccostumed to the game

on the other side would be new vegas, which had carefully paced dlc that just felt super great to experience over many months since one dlc would set up mysteries to be answered in the others

so yea i don't know how witcha3's gonna be, but definitely the "delivery" of the dlc is not something to be handled loosely. witcha3 being kind of open world i feel like that's not gonna be that much of a problem, tho?

tho i haven't played the game so i can't say if it's segmented into chapters like the other games or if it's switching locations or whatever

Dragon's Dogma's DLC was the same which I kind of ignored in the base game due to the rewards being worthless for my character by the time the DLC was out but did all of it when I picked up the Dark Arisen version.

New Vegas' DLC was great as while it was possible to do along with the main game at any point they were each separate stories with great writing and characters that could easily be stand alone too.

Regards to the setting and layout of The Witcher III, it's pretty similar to the first two where you have the main quest, side quests, Witcher contracts and other quests that pop up as you explore. It's still split into acts but the play space is considerably bigger with a smaller tutorial zone for the prologue, a main large area that takes up the bulk of the game and a slightly smaller secondary area you travel to as well as some smaller incidental areas for specific quests.

derExperte

Audiosurf 2 got a demo.

Swapper is way too dark for me, as you probably already know, I don't see good enough to play darker games, so if Vessel is not this dark, I at least will move it to my neverending things to play list. It sounds interesting from your description, and it looks like I haven't played it yet.

Not the most colorful game and you run around in some caves but certainly brighter than Swapper.

Arthea

Total lack of Akiba talk is slightly disturbing. Nobody is enjoying it? Nobody plays or what?

Not the most colorful game and you run around in some caves but certainly brighter than Swapper.

thanks, I'll move it then to my infamous list

Flickr > every other image host known to man. Though I still use imgur for no nonsense, ease of use pics that I don't care if they get compressed.

Funny that you mention it, because I was just thinking about moving there, like 5 minutes ago or something

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks again everyone for the well-wishes, it really means a lot! :)

Jeeze take care m8 - hopefully you will get the stress levels down and don't worry about anyone else but you and your own.

Isn't there anything any of us can do to help out - maybe by fielding emails or something?

Just a thought!!

The best thing you guys can do is to join the official Steam groups for Enhanced Steam and/or Idle Master. When someone asks a question in the discussions, try to help out where you can. I'm going to sending a lot of people that email me in that direction.

Tizoc

Total lack of Akiba talk is slightly disturbing. Nobody is enjoying it? Nobody plays or what?

I get my paycheck tomorrow.
I will buy it after clearing my credit card.

Also I'm hearing about performance issues.
Durante pls.
Save us.

Arthea

Friends who have no knowledge or interest are getting it oddly and talking about it in TS. That help?

not really, I was interested more in - am I too demanding or does this game suck - talk right here. But thanks anyway

I only played like two hours, but Witcher, going outside, sleeping and GAF drain my time. I readily post more about it later wh3n I am not on mobile

I've played only for an hour but I was so deeply not impressed by performance and combat that I'm already not sure I have a will to continue. It would be nice if someone told me that it gets better as a game progresses.

Chariot

I've played only for an hour but I was so deeply not impressed by performance and combat that I'm already not sure I have a will to continue. It would be nice if someone told me that it gets better as a game progresses.
I was in luck so far, no freeze, no crash and it runs smooth. But I can agree on the combat. Maybebits just because I prjmarily used kb+m in the last months, but I have trouble to make the dude do what I want him to do. He attacks the air where no enemy is, he locks on a enemy I don't want to fight, he don't lock on a enemy I wanna fight, etc.

I am also bothered by the radio street. I always get in a huge brawl there with more people then I can fight, because there are piling more up he longer I stay there. This isn't happening in other areas and I have trouble to do quests there.

Akiba is an acquired taste.

Most of the entertainment comes from its absurdity.
Finding strange weapons to beat up weird people, and then ripping off their clothes in increasingly odd ways.

My favorite has to be the "drunken boxing" or "telepathic" strip-fu.

Shame about the port issues. Going to hold off until they're ironed out.

sprinkles

I put like an hour into the Vita version then I remembered how much I dislike playing handhelds when I have multiple large screens around. I'll probably get the PC version during the Summer seal.

baterism

I played it a little yesterday, The performance is problematic, and the bugs kept me from playing it full screen. I'll give it a try again tonight.
The concept is quite interesting. It seems to have some depth.

Just a warning for those who want to try:
If you think latter-day animes suck balls, go as far as you can from this game. This is seemed to be the game version of that.

Oh, and is there's a dating sim element in this game? I noticed a branching part.
-------------
Summer already.... I can already taste the sale.

Arthea

I was in luck so far, no freeze, no crash and it runs smooth. But I can agree on the combat. Maybebits just because I prjmarily used kb+m in the last months, but I have trouble to make the dude do what I want him to do. He attacks the air where no enemy is, he locks on a enemy I don't want to fight, he don't lock on a enemy I wanna fight, etc.

I am also bothered by the radio street. I always get in a huge brawl there with more people then I can fight, because there are piling more up he longer I stay there. This isn't happening in other areas and I have trouble to do quests there.

I had no freezes or crashes, but it runs horribly, I would have no problems with stable 30 fps, but not with 30-15 constantly, especially 15.
And my experience with combat is exactly as yours, it might be slightly related to fps dips but even without that it seems extremely lax and unresponsive, nothing is happening the way it should apart of undressing part, that goes somehow like expected, but then again we take part only in initiating it.

Messiah

I've played around 5 hours and I enjoyed it so far. I feel like I have to spend some more time with the game to write something about it though.

I recommend watching the Giant Bomb Quicklook of the PS3 version before buying the game so you know what to expect.

Drunken Brawler stripping style is the best

Edit:
The ingame Twitter is a shockingly accurate representation of message boards.

Also, thankfully no performance drops on my end.

Chariot

Oh, and is there's a dating sim element in this game? I noticed a branching part.
It's outright stated in the game.
I had no freezes or crashes, but it runs horribly, I would have no problems with stable 30 fps, but not with 30-15 constantly, especially 15.
And my experience with combat is exactly as yours, it might be slightly related to fps dips but even without that it seems extremely lax and unresponsive, nothing is happening the way it should apart of undressing part, that goes somehow like expected, but then again we take part only in initiating it.
My game runs stable, so it isn't your framerate. But I also have trouble with initiating it sometimes, he just feels like more punching at times.

Sorry in advance for going too off-topic here, but I spent the day with my doctor and the news wasn't exactly good. I was basically told that I need to do everything possible to reduce stress levels (my job is actually pretty active/stressful in the summer, not to mention juggling a household of 4, being a dad, my daughter is graduating next week, etc etc etc) so I've got to take a bit of time off to take it as easy as possible or my health will continue to deteriorate.
Sorry to hear about your health, man. Hope it'll bounce back to normal levels as soon as possible.
Congrats on your daughter graduating, too. Don't think about college fees! We don't want any more stress now do we ;)
Of course, it's not the best time to take a break (with the Summer Sale arriving soon) so here are my plans. First of all, yes I'll still be making the monthly SteamGAF OT.
That is truly nice of you but I am sure there are plenty folks who could take that burden temporarily of you!
I'm planning on bouncing back from this and supporting Enhanced Steam and Idle Master as much as possible in the future, but I honestly think it's going to be 2-3 months for what I've got to clear up so I can get back on track with things. Hopefully everyone understands. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.
Why are you excusing yourself mister? :) You have done so much of your nicety and generosity by helping millions of people for nothing but gratitude - and that probably only a fraction of idiotic messages you get ;)
You deserve a little break. Health is number one. Everything else' enjoyment depends on its availability.
Take care of yourself and see you having some nice, relaxing family-time.
Ln5xMdi.jpg

That's I and II down. Bring on III... Or Bloodborne PC...

PS4 OP, from pls nerf.
You forgot to post the most important thing.. how many hours it took you.
It's a real fun game.
or alternatively

i6REX0qUeuvoZ.gif

then

I'm not sorry at all
Can't see shit, captain.
Abload or imgur
but mobile posting, since that's what I do most sucks, especially when google images sucks on mobile.http://i.imgur.com/EOXy5ow.gif
Galaxy Note 3 user here. ALL gifs run flawlessly.
Ipad4 sucks so bad at gifs it's baffling.

Android all the way.
https://www.indiegala.com/mayhem

Divekick (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Knock-knock (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
FortressCraft Evolved! (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Vessel (STEAM)
Return NULL - Episode 1 (STEAM)
NaissanceE (STEAM)
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage (STEAM)
Not bad of a bundle.

This looks interesting.

sprinkles

I have no such fps problems in FF13, as I told many times
PC gaming in the nutshell
I had no problems with 13, but 13-2 compared to that ran like shit. 13 I could downsample from 4k and beyond, 13-2 ran spotty even in 1080p. And the crashes while saving were annoying, losing hours of progress overall until I found the fix (disabling cloud saving and copying over the cloud save).

Copons

Witcher 3 updated to me, anyone knows what's that about?

(also, anyone knows how the new Gwent cards added to White Orchard in 1.04 work? like, who has them and stuff)

baterism

It's outright stated in the game.

Lol, sometimes I forgot store have another text apart form buy and already in library.
Yeah, I just red about it and the electronic mecca part.
Quite interesting so far, I hope Xceed and Aquire get serious with their PC endeavor and fix the problems.

edit: I just red about Jshackles. Get well soon!

You forgot to post the most important thing.. how many hours it took you.
It's a real fun game.

According to Steam I clocked 205 hours. But my friend and I did a co-op run first, so I spent a lot of time dickin' around waiting for him to catch up to my SM at first, and then continuing to dick around with the Agape Ring on when he wasn't playing so that I didn't level out of his SM range. I dunno, saying how long it took seems pretty pointless since it's not really indicative of how fast I did it.

But yeah, way fun game. Not quite as good as the first one, but still really solid. I have no idea why some people bitch about it as if it was terrible.

Dr Dogg

Since FFXIII-2 and it's performance has been brought up here was my frametimes when I was pissing about with the framepacing system removed.

It's an odd beast, as is XIII, that when you reach a certain GPU usage threshold (for me in and around 60-65% GPU load) the game kicks down to the next divisible update from 16.7ms. With the framepacing method removed from FFXIII-2 via an executable hex edit it still reduces overall framerate when exceeding this limit but is much more graceful.

Only takes a couple of grands worth of components to get something like 60fps @3840x2160 for a PS360 game.

So uh guys
...what mods and fixes should I apply to Dark Souls again? DSFIX and what else?
DSFix is usually more than enough alone but let me check the extra mods I use.

Just a sec. I posted them but forgot to bookmark.

Dang, can't find my own post through Gaf.

Um hi
ModBot said:
Instructions for Foolia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alan Wake Franchise -- MB-515B9AAEA6EC3D39 - Taken by 7Sins. 5 entrants total.
The Ship -- MB-515B9AAEA6EC3D39 - Taken by 7Sins. 5 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Ship was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1432737896z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
That moment in Witcher 3 when you're fighting a group of bandits. And the enemy Archer put an arrow through his friend's head just because the dude happened to be between you guys..

Ummm thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom