• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kholat launch trailer
37b369.gif
4a2d88.gif

Horizon Chase teaser trailer
1dac35.gif

Gamersyde of course :)

Dr Dogg

Speaking of Sony and their 'Exclusive' bullshit, the latest Arkham Knight trailer flaunting their content they have snafued but at the end it does say the Scarecrow Nightmare missions are 'First on PS4'. So Timed Exclusive you knob ends, why don't you just bloody say so up front urgh!!!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Sony and their 'Exclusive' bullshit, the latest Arkham Knight trailer flaunting their content they have snafued but at the end it does say the Scarecrow Nightmare missions are 'First on PS4'. So Timed Exclusive you knob ends, why don't you just bloody say so up front urgh!!!

To promote the illusion of exclusivity and fool consumers that don't know any better into buying the PS4 copy :p

Been away for a bit. Can anyone give me the skinny on all the summer sale talk?

We don't know anything yet. We probably won't know anything for at least another few weeks.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

It's still preferable to what happened with Arkahm Asylum, where the Joker challenge maps were a PS3 exclusive... until it got released on the Mac and nowhere else.

titch

Thanks again everyone for the well-wishes, it really means a lot! :)

The best thing you guys can do is to join the official Steam groups for Enhanced Steam and/or Idle Master. When someone asks a question in the discussions, try to help out where you can. I'm going to sending a lot of people that email me in that direction.

I've joined the enhanced steam group and will help out wher i can!!!

Another Groupees preorder: Jonny's Jams for 1.5$ for 7 games and 1 album
Background is Dustoff Heli Rescue

Sweet Heli is on my wishlist

Maniac

Banned
There is a metric fuckton on ini tweaks you can do for The Witcher 3, some not even detailed in Andy's Nvidia guide that if text editing doesn't cause you an anxiety attack and you're willing to test in various areas and put a lot of time into can eliminate a lot of the game's issues. Though the most recent patch fucked up my values and I've got to start again so there is that also to put you off.

To be fair, they're tidying up the inis and splitting up more settings in the ini files for better support in one of the next patches. According to one of the devs on the forum, after the next patch or the one after that, your ini values shouldn't change, although there should also be more to tinker with at that point.

Not to mention people already having made GUIs for tweaking the settings, auto-installing SweetFX, changing colour saturations to look more high-fantasy or more E3-esque with the darker, less saturated colours... Etcetera.

I'm really impressed with how many useful mods are already out. I'm considering recolouring Roach! :p

Thorgal

To be fair, they're tidying up the inis and splitting up more settings in the ini files for better support in one of the next patches. According to one of the devs on the forum, after the next patch or the one after that, your ini values shouldn't change, although there should also be more to tinker with at that point.

Not to mention people already having made GUIs for tweaking the settings, auto-installing SweetFX, changing colour saturations to look more high-fantasy or more E3-esque with the darker, less saturated colours... Etcetera.

I'm really impressed with how many useful mods are already out. I'm considering recolouring Roach! :p

I fully expect too see a mod that turns Roach into a My little Pony . :p

Arthea

I'm not sure how reliable that info is, but apparently groupees VN bundle includes at least one expensive VN (~25$) and it will be an expensive bundle itself, that's why no reservations.

I can't wait to see a bundle itself, hopefully something from my wishlist will be there

Aerocrane

Yes it's surprisingly fun. Isn't it depressing when you buy a game and you're surprised that you have actual fun with it? Combat and frequent loading screens are bothering me, but I starting to get the hang out of how to handle the former and quick travel works fine for the latter. Really digging characters and music. Still on the edge about Tohka and Kati though. They're both so cute.

Since howtobeat told me that a run only takes like 10 hours I will probably take a round through NG+.

Kati
doesn't have a route
. As the game is quite short, going for the achievements of different endings isn't all that much effort. I think when you clear the game and start NG+ you unlock the option to have indicators on to show which dialog option improves your standing with which girl.

Chariot

Kati
doesn't have a route
. As the game is quite short, going for the achievements of different endings isn't all that much effort. I think when you clear the game and start NG+ you unlock the option to have indicators on to show which dialog option improves your standing with which girl.
WHAT THE FUCK HOW

Lain

I'm not sure how reliable that info is, but apparently groupees VN bundle includes at least one expensive VN (~25$) and it will be an expensive bundle itself, that's why no reservations.

I can't wait to see a bundle itself, hopefully something from my wishlist will be there

I guess that is gonna be Eien no Aselia that WinterDemons mentioned, since it's 29.99$. Hopefully it is a nice bundle.

Parsnip

Witcher 3 approaching 500k owners on Steam(Spy). Considering GOG keys were sold everywhere else, looks like it's doing pretty good.

Milamber

let's be realistic here. we all know that natsume is not giving us harvest moon, let alone rune factory. it's probably gonna be some other game we all don't care about.

Dr Dogg

To promote the illusion of exclusivity and fool consumers that don't know any better into buying the PS4 copy :p

If someone can't work out what 'First on PS4' mean then I guess they're a little bit special. Says the dude who's worked in, around and with countless advertising agencies for nigh on 14 years.

It's still preferable to what happened with Arkahm Asylum, where the Joker challenge maps were a PS3 exclusive... until it got released on the Mac and nowhere else.

Urgh yeah that was sure nice of them. Bit odd that it did come with the Ma release but thankfully that allowed some intrepid modders to put it the maps and The Joker the Windows version. Technically we should all own the Mac version by virtue of Steamplay.

A GUI for ini tweaks? Watch the screams of 'unoptimised rubbish' start flooding in when silly buggers start cranking settings up they have not a clue what those tolerances do.

The 'E3 lighting' is actually present in the game. At about 12:00pm to 4pm on a rainy day it's pretty much bang on for what was present in the early footage. Problem is when you create a load of assets and show them off under one set of lighting conditions they can drastically change under others, even in the most slightest change, so peeps chasing the look of the old footage are going to be tinkering and tinker and tinkering and only getting the desired look every once and a while. Christ even ambient light changes in your environment where your monitor/TV is situated can have quite a big effect to various colour levels that I know loads of people aren't even aware of.

Aerocrane

WHAT THE FUCK HOW

I really don't like Kati's character honestly, so her not having a route is not a loss :p I don't like the character because I know a couple girls like her. You know, minus the maid costume. And the whole going to Japan and working in some creepy old man's video game themed bar thing. Being obsessed with manga and anime and J-rock and other bits of Japanese culture was (probably still is?) quite popular among (at least the nerdier) teenage girls here in Finland and since my friends were quite obsessed with the stuff it got kinda annoying. While her character dredged up those memories and made me smile, I wouldn't want to deal with a whole route with her.

Anyway, that's really off topic. I bought GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R and the soundtrack is excellent. Never really bothered to properly learn any 2D fighters, but I might as well with this game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are Steam profile page, activity etc. dead?

Yeah, I was just about to say that my activity feed is blank again.

Edit: Adding a "Free on Demand" DLC item to your account doesn't tether the base F2P game to your library. That's a little annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom