• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/603415470113447936/photo/1

CF_C_mWWAAEFh0p.png

and of course: https://twitter.com/ForkParker/status/603416100827594752

Pretty flagrant.

My favorite part of their website, though:

cHuEx1Y.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
https://www.indiegala.com/mayhem

Divekick (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Knock-knock (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
FortressCraft Evolved! (STEAM) + TRADING CARDS
Vessel (STEAM)
Return NULL - Episode 1 (STEAM)
NaissanceE (STEAM)
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage (STEAM)

If anyone gets this and already has Naissance, I'll paypal you $1 for it. Only game that really interests me there as I have everything else I'd care about.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded -- MB-63FBFD4B81362809 - Taken by morningbus
Roogoo -- MB-75E7BE07BA6F4699 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Stacking -- MB-6391D90E3199080B - Taken by GaussTek
Syberia -- MB-CCDD6E1E606E5194 - Taken by Akuosa
magnetic by nature -- MB-7DAE18FAA7E93EC7 - Taken by crazyrabbits
NekoChan Hero - Collection -- MB-941B78F09DED01F5 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-FF1B3B335D4A0288 - Taken by freshVeggie

That Blighttown high resolution texture pack is absolutely hideous.

So many texture mods that don't take the entire art design into account.
Yeah, agree on that. It's somewhat too clean for the area but since I played vanilla blighttown already, I use that texture pack for variety and HD sake.
It's not needed though.

Dr Dogg

Ah nuts completely forgot Splatoon is out this week and just got a dispatch email. Can I finish The Witcher III in time for the weekend or is that another game for the back burner?

Cranking more Witcher 3's settings to ultra actually runs better on my GTX770(locked to 30fps), not sure what's going on.

Settings like shadows, grass and foliage distance are scene dependent and can vary in performance cost quite a bit in different factors. For example the shadow setting on Ultra (which I think is 3k shadow maps and a few other depth bias variables) is about the same performance cost during the day time as the medium present but during the night can be a 20% extra hit. Some fire effects which I hadn't encountered in the game knocked about 15fps off me when despite having worked out the my ini settings from various areas to give a minimum of 60fps.

Teggy

I've cut way back on my bundle buying. It's fun to watch the inventory number go up, but when 90% of the games are things I have no interest in playing it seems kind of pointless.

Dsyndrome

Is the new W3 DLC borked on Steam like Galaxy? Apparently you have to manually download it there, and the Miner quest is bugged somewhat. Getting back to moving so I can't mess too much with it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Culling of the Cows -- MB-D8916E0535DBFFDC - Taken by Vlad

Dr Dogg

Unless those are CJD infected or Zombie cows culling them with a shotgun is a bit extreme. Then again I say that as an English man with a massive hankering for various beef products.

Settings like shadows, grass and foliage distance are scene dependent and can vary in performance cost quite a bit in different factors. For example the shadow setting on Ultra (which I think is 3k shadow maps and a few other depth bias variables) is about the same performance cost during the day time as the medium present but during the night can be a 20% extra hit. Some fire effects which I hadn't encountered in the game knocked about 15fps off me when despite having worked out the my ini settings from various areas to give a minimum of 60fps.
I think the game is getting less drops and more stable, in general.

Dr Dogg

I think the game is getting less drops and more stable, in general.

Well shit don't knock it then ;)

I've found it to be pretty consistent throughout and across the 4 areas I've been to. Occasionally I get a scene here or there that's more demanding than anything I've encountered before but for the most part my GPU usage have been in and around 60-80% with a lot of settings pushed further than the GUI settings menu allows.

Stability and bugs have been a bit of a pain but really I was laughing at shit like this than feeling the need to spit vitriol all over the interweb.

Floating, decapitated pedestrians
18013168951_ccdfd839ff_b.jpg
17824416008_732ae060f3_b.jpg

Catapulted off Roach by pressing B
18012411445_99a208189e_b.jpg

Called Roach, he didn't come , found him embedded in a tree that I had to run a good ways away from for him to repsawn
18009132232_69836d0ac9_b.jpg

Which is way more bugs than I encountered in AC Unity.

Well given that I'm playing Story of Seasons on my 3DS right now, it wouldn't be an insta-buy for me BUT it would be great to see a Harvest Moon game on PC. That said, I'm not gonna hold my breath for it. How many Japanese companies in the past few years have said "We're putting games on Steam!" only to hand us their B-tier products?

baterism

Isn't Natsume =/= Marvelous or something? Harvest Moon or Story of Season, I'm not sure what is what anymore, I don't follow 3DS games.

Btw, I just played Akiba's Trip again. And as expected, disabling Steam Overlay make the problems go. No more crash for me.

Performance still leave something to be desired, but going from 30fps to occasional 27fps doesn't really bothering me. Disabling AA and V-sync don't impact frame rates at all from my test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom