• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It occurs to me that to install an operating system you either need an optical drive or flash storage... and I don't have either because it's 2015 and I'm not a barbarian. I rummaged through my junk drawer and found a novelty flash drive shaped like a heart my Dad's girlfriend gave me, but it is 3.75 GB and Windows 8 needs at least 4GB. I found a 2GB flash drive from a conference. I guess the Windows ISO maker program doesn't let you use two usb sticks to hit 4GB.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tentacles are pretty good if they're deep fried.

EDIT: Day of the Tentacle Special Edition is still coming this year right?

As far as we know.

It occurs to me that to install an operating system you either need an optical drive or flash storage... and I don't have either because it's 2015 and I'm not a barbarian. I rummaged through my junk drawer and found a novelty flash drive shaped like a heart my Dad's girlfriend gave me, but it is 3.75 GB and Windows 8 needs at least 4GB. I found a 2GB flash drive from a conference. I guess the Windows ISO maker program doesn't let you use two usb sticks to hit 4GB.

I just now realised that I didn't install my BD drive when I moved everything to my new case. I think I might just go out and buy an 8GB flash drive. I don't feel like fiddling around.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Time to switch to linux with a WUBI installer!

Nyoro SF

Just started up Ys 1, actually quite fun (hope I don't trigger an objective which I forget, since it appears that there is no mission log /
Bracer Notebook
)

Tizoc

Just started up Ys 1, actually quite fun (hope I don't trigger an objective which I forget, since it appears that there is no mission log /
Bracer Notebook
)

The missables in Ys 1 in the latter half of the game can still be reclaimed before fighting the bosses, in fact you should be finding them to help in the final battles.

Prior to the half part fo the game, before Darm Tower, only missable stuff are Gold and Rings. The former is pointless by the time you enter the Tower and the latter only make things a little easier to handle when in teh Tower and against bosses.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Everyone should have at least some flash storage for these emergencies.

And thanks ningen. Those jewels will be bedded.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
lol i don't get it

i don't get this either

dolphins don't have tentacles

tho they truly are pretty lewd creatures

one of the many reasons they're my favorite animal!

rDUrQk2.png

Always pleasantly surprised how a whole OS like Ubuntu not only fits on a 1GB flash drive but also can be operated splendidly off it.

Have one dedicated for it and it saved my ass (and data) on multiple occassions.

zkylon

zkylewd
dolphins are also like crazy psycho murderers and also they're super cute and silly

i love dolphins

i wish i was a dolphin

Anteater

WHERE'S THE FUCKING PLANE THERE IT IS

Finally finished K&L2, game felt like a drag, but I kind of like the setting, and well... that's it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
juTyGKv.jpg

Was going to post the first result on Google images, but it was creepy even for me. Know what I was going for, though.

Momentary

Banned
What.
Nobody works on a 30hz refresh rate.
Nobody. Ever. Even my monochrome and CGA screens had a higher refresh rate =p

I should have rephrased it as "I couldn't imagine someone working at 30hz much less play a game at that refresh rate." I know people don't work on 30hz displays because... 30 FPS sucks.

zkylon

zkylewd
WHERE'S THE FUCKING PLANE THERE IT IS

Finally finished K&L2, game felt like a drag, but I kind of like the setting, and well... that's it.

i personally liked the first one better, in that kind of drakengard way of "i did not enjoy this in the slightest but i can appreciate the care and effort the devs took to making me miserable"

kyl2 is just a bit whatever-ish to me, the story felt less ambitious and the art direction was pretty impressive but that's rarely enough for me

i mean i don't wanna do it with a dolphin, that's gross

i just like dolphins

Anteater

i personally liked the first one better, in that kind of drakengard way of "i did not enjoy this in the slightest but i can appreciate the care and effort the devs took to making me miserable"

kyl2 is just a bit whatever-ish to me, the story felt less ambitious and the art direction was pretty impressive but that's rarely enough for me

I haven't played 1, disliked the demo I played on ps3, now I'm curious....

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't played 1, disliked the demo I played on ps3, now I'm curious....

i won't say it's like a completely different game to 2, but imo it's a bit more ambitious with its story and i liked it more at least

visually it's pretty garbage in comparison but i kinda like some of the moments in it and the premise is fantastic

ex super heister on death row gets broken out by evil mobster clan and has his family taken hostage and will only get freed if he does like 5 super heists in a month or something?

that's like awesome!

unfortunately the game doesn't pull it off but i liked it anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom