• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Get hype for E3!
t1434484800z4.png

Uzzy

Batgirl DLC is interesting. Shame it's the worst Batgirl, Barbara though. I'd have loved to see Cass of Steph instead. Or some Batwoman action, especially if brought over J H William's art style for Batwoman.

Frederick Resurrection of Music is a fun little musical game, soundtrack is decent enough and the game is short, beated it in a session.
And features the voice of fantomena as zombie Chopin

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam on my PC will automatically detect another Steam user within the same network?

No. The account list is based on two things: accounts you've already authorised and accounts that are local specifically to the PC you're currently using, so to add a new one you need to either log in on that user's PC (if you haven't already authorised said PC) or have the user log in on your PC (if their PC is already authorised and you just need to approve the account -- obviously you can also do this by logging in on their PC if the situation is such that doing so would be easier).

I haven't played 1, disliked the demo I played on ps3, now I'm curious....

I thought K&L1 was worse and I played it after the sequel.

The storyline is more ambitious-sounding, but half the game takes place in South America, where it all plays out like a standard 3rd person war shooter.

Tizoc

Gonna be best E3 ever. With so many conferences there is bound to be something for everyone to enjoy. Can't wait.

Edit: also the conferences start on June 14th not 16th.

...WHAT?
Gonna have to reschedule my 1 week leave from work >_>;

JaseC

Is it okay to activate ROW gifts with VPN or is there a risk of being banned?

If you use a VPN to circumvent the restriction then you also need to use a VPN to play it, and, yes, in doing so you do risk having your account restricted. The message that appears upon clicking "Add to my game library" states as much:

altacctgiftl9ugg.jpg

Is it okay to activate ROW gifts with VPN or is there a risk of being banned?
Should have gotten a key. Those are fairly safe to activate via VPN.
Sorry buddy for your purchase :(

Hey JaseC. Expert wrote a couple days ago that the ip-lock is defunct, so that if the activation worked, the game would actually start regardless of ip-lock.

JaseC

Hey JaseC. Expert wrote a couple days ago that the ip-lock is defunct, do that if the activation worked, the game eould actually start regardless of ip-lock.

Onlyallowrunincountries and prohibitrunincountries are seemingly unsupported now but the runtime restriction that activating a gift with a VPN adds remains. I confirmed this with fantomena shortly after posting about OARIC/PRIC being dead -- he activated an RU gift copy of Ori and is still unable to run it without using a VPN/the app id trick/etc.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Like a small child saturated with energy drinks, our Kickstarter campaign just won’t stop movin’ – and it’s clattered through another two stretch goals. And a lounge table.

We’d like to take this opportunity to once again thank you for your wonderful support. But we know it’s not pleasantries you’ve clicked for, it’s our next stretch goal - So bring it on!

First, a disclaimer: We’ve attentively followed your feedback since the Kickstarter launched and we’re acutely aware of the concerns surrounding Kickstarter ‘bloat’. Backers can be assured that the Playtonic team is comprised of vastly experienced game developers, and we’ve carefully planned our stretch feature pledges to ensure that they won’t negatively impact on the creation of our game.

These are very ‘much’ dream extras that with additional budget we’ll be able to add to the Yooka-Laylee package with minimal disruption to our core work.

Our next stretch goal, for example, will allow us to get a bigger office. Wait, that’s not right…

Ahem. Our next stretch goal will allow us to budget an orchestral score and time for our composers to record their music in an ideal environment. Any extra money we raise will of course go towards improving and polishing the game.

Don’t forget to project your questions and ideas at our social channels on Twitter, Facebook and indeed this very Kickstarter page. And thanks again for your amazing support.

BGg2USL.jpg

wise ...

Deques

Frederick Resurrection of Music is a fun little musical game, soundtrack is decent enough and the game is short, beated it in a session.
And features the voice of fantomena as zombie Chopin

I just gave it a try and beat it, without being able to get a decent score... How the heck do you play this game?

I just gave it a try and beat it, without being able to get a decent score... How the heck do you play this game?
You need to press the keys when the notes go over them, I tried with keyboard but it was too confusing so I used the mouse instead and it was more fun to me that way.

Corpekata

Banned
Oh no, I broke Nuuvem, can't do anything no matter what game I try to buy.

Time to learn Spanish. Or create a new account.

I had the same issue. It's basically saying "There's an issue with your purchase, please contact us here." VPNing to Argentina worked. They've probably got the usual suspects blocked for certain games in the US and Brazil IPs but not everywhere.

kind of disapointed ill miss the tuesday E3 conferences since i only took monday off for the main ones. Im glad Bethesda is doing it sunday though so thats cool

derExperte

good luck with that since its portuguese or brazilian.

Damn, 10 minutes of intense studying for nothing.

I had the same issue. It's basically saying "There's an issue with your purchase, please contact us here." VPNing to Argentina worked. They've probably got the usual suspects blocked for certain games in the US and Brazil IPs but not everywhere.

Indeed, that did the trick. :)

Onlyallowrunincountries and prohibitrunincountries are seemingly unsupported now but the runtime restriction that activating a gift with a VPN adds remains. I confirmed this with fantomena shortly after posting about OARIC/PRIC being dead -- he activated an RU gift copy of Ori and is still unable to run it without using a VPN/the app id trick/etc.

Can confirm, had to use VPN to activate the key and can't start preload while Wolf:TNO ROW still starts. Inconvenient but I'll manage.

Grief.exe

They shouldn't expect too much more if they get over 1.5m if they don't add further stretch goals, but it sounds like they have a very good idea of what they can and can't do.

Stretch goal bloat is potentially one of the worst things that can happen to a Kickstarter campaign.
The simple answer is hire more people to throw at the problem, but the reality is not that simple. Takes time to ramp them up, become familiar with the engine and the workflow. Never that easy. Creating goals that lie outside their office, where you can just throw money at the problem and produce results seems like the best course of action.

Deques

You need to press the keys when the notes go over them, I tried with keyboard but it was too confusing so I used the mouse instead and it was more fun to me that way.

That part I understood, but when there are too many keys to press I just get confused. Playing with mouse is better?

Practise and get a feeling for the song, the notes follow the rythm and pitch.

Playing rhythm games makes me think that I am tone deaf :(

abracadaver

If you use a VPN to circumvent the restriction then you also need to use a VPN to play it, and, yes, in doing so you do risk having your account restricted. The message that appears upon clicking "Add to my game library" states as much:

altacctgiftl9ugg.jpg

I don't see anything like that:

ob6lxp4.jpg

Lomax

Stretch goal bloat is potentially one of the worst things that can happen to a Kickstarter campaign.
The simple answer is hire more people to throw at the problem, but the reality is not that simple. Takes time to ramp them up, become familiar with the engine and the workflow. Never that easy. Creating goals that lie outside their office, where you can just throw money at the problem and produce results seems like the best course of action.

They joked about the bigger office, but I'd love to see a campaign like this that has a lot of momentum put up stretch goals like "provide health insurance for our employees" or "realistically pay the cost of developing this game instead of Kickstarter mostly being a marketing tool" because we all know by this point the fact that a couple million dollars isn't actually a lot of money to develop a game with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom