• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witcher 3 has made me so fascinated about the Witche runiverse I decided to find the books and redownloading Witcher: EE.

Not sure if I will play the first Witcher though as last time the combat system was so freaking horrible and confusing.
Git gud. It's really not that bad. I sunk 25 hours into it last weekend.

Nillansan

I largely agree. I think the biggest issue with the game is that everything about the design makes you want to take things slowly and extremely carefully instead of pulling off combos and chain kills, which just feels very unsatisfying to play.

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for reading my impressions. I loved Hotline Miami, so my expectations for Wrong Number were sky high. That probably didn't help.

Either way, I am looking forward to see what Dennaton is cooking up next.

Turfster

Daily Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishment 75% off

Lily & Sasha Nexus of Souls keys available for IR Debut 26
Luna's Wandering Stars keys available for IR Debut 12

derExperte

http://store.steampowered.com/app/352520/

header.jpg

Adventure, the mobile version got great reviews.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish Logitech made Vista-compatible drivers for the MX518. With the generic drivers that are included with Win7, the button to reduce sensitivity works but the one to increase it does not, so if I accidentally click the former I've no choice but to restart.

pahamrick

I wish Logitech made Vista-compatible drivers for the MX518. With the generic drivers that are included with Win7, the button to reduce sensitivity works but the one to increase it does not, so if I accidentally click the former I've no choice but to restart.

You can't extract the drivers from http://support.logitech.com/software/gaming-software (or use the software?) It's what I used on Windows 7 and now use on Windows 8.1 for my MX518, and works fine.

MRORANGE

So I had a spare arcade button from a while ago, looks a like a fake and crappy swana button... I have no idea, but it responds with a python script in Raspbain so it should be okay to use with Retropie I think. although that button really sucks so thinking of getting some decent concave buttons,

Thinking about still making a cabinet but I've been hitting roadblocks in devlopment, such as knowing how to use a CAD program to get someone to cut the pieces for me as well as find a way to bracket the LCD so it's supported. Decided to take baby steps with this and just design the arcade stick and buttons first and if that works out well to jump into developing the whole thing. I've found a few websites that can convert svg drawings and do cut-outs onto acrylic and mdf

I had a quick hash attempt at making a suitable arcade layout in photoshop (button alignments will be not be straight on the final version.)

7cxJxBa.png

NEG GEO Cabinet colours would look nice but not sure how it would look like on mdf, might be better to use decals I think

EDIT: ah wrong place lol

Dr Dogg

D4 demo seems to work fine over here. Played a little bit and didn't find any problems with performance or anything else.
Launcher doesn't have resolutions above 1080p, but you can bypass the launcher by using the main executable and edit the ini directly for 4K and such. The post-processing outline kind of hinders the IQ a bit though.

Psh! You need to go higher!

Sadly being DX11 I'm capped at 5120x2880 and AA options are limited but aliasing really cleans up better than I thought it would as that sketch outline is really sharp on the eyes when in motion at 1920x1080

So I had a spare arcade button from a while ago, looks a like a fake and crappy swana button... I have no idea, but it responds with a python script in Raspbain so it should be okay to use with Retropie I think. although that button really sucks so thinking of getting some decent concave buttons,

Thinking about still making a cabinet but I've been hitting roadblocks in devlopment, such as knowing how to use a CAD program to get someone to cut the pieces for me as well as find a way to bracket the LCD so it's supported. Decided to take baby steps with this and just design the arcade stick and buttons first and if that works out well to jump into developing the whole thing. I've found a few websites that can convert svg drawings and do cut-outs onto acrylic and mdf

I had a quick hash attempt at making a suitable arcade layout in photoshop (button alignments will be not be straight on the final version.)

http://i.imgur.com/7cxJxBa.png[IMG]

NEG GEO Cabinet colours would look nice but not sure how it would look like on mdf, might be better to use decals I think

EDIT: ah wrong place lol[/QUOTE]

Hahaha doesn't matter it's more on topic than some of the stuff in here. Have you tried using SketchUp? It's really easy to pick up even for someone who's had limited CAD experience and what's more costs naff all. I would say if you're going the ghetto route go download a trial of Illustrator as you have a lot more control over your primitives, can use things like the appearance pallet to save you having to copy shapes and don't run the risk of them being slightly off in size and vastly superior layout and exporting options than Photoshop (which really isn't the right tool for the job).

Cool project though, was this meant to go in the 'show off you consoles you built' thread?

MRORANGE

Hahaha doesn't matter it's more on topic than some of the stuff in here. Have you tried using SketchUp? It's really easy to pick up even for someone who's had limited CAD experience and what's more costs naff all. I would say if you're going the ghetto route go download a trial of Illustrator as you have a lot more control over your primitives, can use things like the appearance pallet to save you having to copy shapes and don't run the risk of them being slightly off in size and vastly superior layout and exporting options than Photoshop (which really isn't the right tool for the job).

Cool project though, was this meant to go in the 'show off you consoles you built' thread?

It was supposed be posted here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=996887

But I'll definitely give SketchUp a go, hopefully it supports the format they wanted and yeah lol I should definitely use Illustrator, I've become such as heavy PS user that I forget it's not good for practical designs lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
MRORANGE: On the subject of retro gaming on the PI, have you looked into Ignition?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've heard of it, was it not on kick starter? A retro social gaming platform?

Yeah there was a kickstarter and apparently now it's in beta. I'm interested since it has built in centralized achievement support for retro games and has kinda been pitched as the "Steam of retro gaming" which is a pretty neat idea. Just wondering if you had backed it or not or knew of anyone that had impressions. Guess I'll post in the retro PI thread... ;)

Khronico

GMG USFIV is only 11 bucks with that voucher but I feel like I should wait till summer sale... It hasn't ever gone under 50% off though so IDK.

Also COH2 doesn't look nearly good enough to justify it's relatively mediocre performance.

MRORANGE

Yeah there was a kickstarter and apparently now it's in beta. I'm interested since it has built in centralized achievement support for retro games and has kinda been pitched as the "Steam of retro gaming" which is a pretty neat idea. Just wondering if you had backed it or not or knew of anyone that had impressions. Guess I'll post in the retro PI thread... ;)

afraid not, there's a bunch of neat options for raspberry pi now but I mostly use retro-pie since it's been supported for the longest time so far.

might give it a shot if I can find a spare micro-sd card.

http://i.imgur.com/7cxJxBa.png

EDIT: ah wrong place lol
Really love homemade stuff like that. Been thinking a long time now about various gamepad-cases for phone for much better emulator-playability.
Respect.
Time for two more cents, as I just finished Outland, or more appropriately: Carpal Tunnel: The Game.

Not so with the people behind Outland. While most of the 2d PC platformers I've played recently use the arrow keys for movement and keys in the ZXC area for actions, allowing for your hands to be reasonably far apart and the wrists to be kept straight, Outland decides to be a rebel and go for WASD/Space for movement, and IJKL for actions. Or, to be fair, IOHJKL for actions. I found this to be insanely clunky. Even worse, there's no option to rebind the controls, just the choice between two seperate, but fairly similar, sets of bindings. So, boo to that right from the start.

Complaints aside, though, it wasn't all bad. All the boss battles were pretty interesting and very challenging, especially the last two. There are still lots of interesting sections in the game that require some clever assessment of the bullet patterns and timing your polarity switches. Still, by the time I was halfway through the final set of rooms, I was ready for it to be over.
Thanks for the detailed write-up! Not my cup of tea but it was a good read. Did you try playing with controller? Maybe it would feel better that way dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom