• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Completely off topic - but I just noticed that the Victory tune in StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty is a total rip off of an Opeth solo

Shadownet

Banned
It's a major plus at the very least :p
Bring dating sim aspects into Assassins Creed and I am back on board.
I would like it better too.

I gotta say I was so disappointed with Sleeping Dogs and the dating aspect of it. You can date several girls but in the end you would never hear from them again.

Goddamn I wanted to end up with Emma Stone.

MUnited83

For you.
Hey guys, who's waiting for more nep nep? my body is ready for nep.

Waiting?Pfff

FgcCqn5.png

That game could be the greatest game in the world but that semi-colon in the word "rebirth" is offensive enough that I'd never touch it.

Sounds petty, but it is what it is.

So I'm downloading some mods now and it seems some of them have two new versions, which one should I pick for Flora Overhaul mod?
Which is the new one you mean?
3. D4: Season One Voice Over Script - $4.99
What does this mean? New language to play the game in?
At that price I don't fully understand why someone would choose 980Ti over Titan. If you are able to shell out that much already I mean..
Sounds like a bad port with the game being alright.
At least there is a chance for community to fix those problems eventually.
Here are some great examples of games with textures created for 720p or less.

Unless you think all of the above look the same quality as their on console counterparts, I'm sure you can see the huge benefits of simply rendering at 4K.
There was a thread about Nintendo DS emulation and boy did some games look incredibly different in a good way.

Like these you posted, it makes me wonder why devs don't "throttle" quality of assets/textures according to their originally intended platforms? Good for me but wouldn't dev costs become cheaper the other way?

On that. I never played Mario Galaxy. Looks really cool and interesting.

baterism

Remember, the DLC will be 50% off too. Don't buy it before the discount is applied.
Yep. Haven't bought it because of that. The DLCs still not listed 50% off.

What are you talking about? Those times were hell!
Hear, hear.

Locked at 1080p like the previous game. Performance-wise it runs great!
Still locked I see (not like I have rig to run it on 4k). At least it 60fps and having good performance. Good to hear.

Is it normal for Steam credit to not be applied if I choose paypal?

I have $5ish in credit, figured that it would be applied.

Figured wrong.

Yep, that's normal. Unfortunately.
Ick...figures.

You have to choose "My Steam Wallet" or something like that first and then another payment option for the remaining money.

Ohhh..okay.
Thanks muchly.

Except with Paypal, which you're required to use for the entire purchase if it's selected.

Ohhhhh oh no.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it normal for Steam credit to not be applied if I choose paypal?

I have $5ish in credit, figured that it would be applied.

Figured wrong.

Yep, that's normal. Unfortunately.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh, how I remember the days when Steam wasn't taken over by generic Japanese games

Good times, good times...

This is why idolizing geographic areas above any other considerations is ultimately backwards.

You should want Japanese, or European, or American, or Middle-Eastern media because they bring unique voices and experiences to the table, but not explicitly because they are Japanese, or European, or whatever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You have to choose "My Steam Wallet" or something like that first and then another payment option for the remaining money.

Except with Paypal, which you're required to use for the entire purchase if it's selected.

AHA-Lambda

Not going to link to it but TB has a video on Hatred, he says it's much ado about nothing and I'd agree tbh.

Or am I not allowed to even say that? =/

morningbus

Not going to link to it but TB has a video on Hatred, he says it's much ado about nothing and I'd agree tbh.

Or am I not allowed to even say that? =/

Yeah, it's a shame. Discussion should only be banned for one of those things.

AHA-Lambda

Oh for god sake, I need my save file for Gods Will BE watching for the new DLC and the game doesn't have Steam Cloud support. Hate it when devs do this >_<

Anyone got a complete save file they can share?

EDIT: nvm, it appears under a separate option after new game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh for god sake, I need my save file for Gods Will BE watching for the new DLC and the game doesn't have Steam Cloud support. Hate it when devs do this >_<

Anyone got a complete save file they can share?

Did you switch computers? The save file's tucked away in the Appdata/Local folder. If you still need it, I can upload mine for you!

Lain

This is why idolizing geographic areas above any other considerations is ultimately backwards.

You should want Japanese, or European, or American, or Middle-Eastern media because they bring unique voices and experiences to the table, but not explicitly because they are Japanese, or European, or whatever.

So you're saying we should only buy those games if they include the original VA? I can get on board with that.

morningbus

So you're saying we should only buy those games if they include the original VA? I can get on board with that.

Should have bolded "experiences," too.

Then we could have a rousing discussion about the VO for Bible Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom