• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hospital Manager -- MB-66AC3A87CF75D86C - Taken by Sarcasm

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought that the problem with Stubbs was technical (that the game didn't run in some systems or something like that) Did that change?

It does have compatibility issues, but the reason it was pulled is that Aspyr's publishing contract expired and by that point Wideload had long been property of Disney, a Disney that, at the time, had as much interest in digital distribution as I have in rewatching The Host. ;)

i remember watching a trailer for stubbs in the stubbs steam store page, back in 2008. oddly enough thats one of the few memories I have of steam back then. When did the game get yanked?

It does have compatibility issues, but the reason it was pulled is that Aspyr's publishing contract expired and by that point Wideload had long been property of Disney, a Disney that, at the time, had as much interest in digital distribution as I have in rewatching The Host. ;)

Nice, hopefully Disney will reupload it then.

Phawx

When is Valve going to outsource support.steampowered.com to the community? And will users be paid in actual money or just Steam wallet money?

JaseC

i remember watching a trailer for stubbs in the stubbs steam store page, back in 2008. oddly enough thats one of the few memories I have of steam back then. When did the game get yanked?

~August 2011.

Nice, hopefully Disney will reupload it then.

The other day a GAFer posted a link to the Twitter account of the head of Disney Interactive, so I've been meaning to make a Pastebin copy of the PM I sent to DI's Reddit account (although not without first reading it over and making any necessary changes/additions), which has presumably gone unused since the Steam-related AMA ended, and give Grief a link to tweet out to him.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hope someone enjoys this. :D
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Higurashi When They Cry Hou Onikakushihen -- MB-90C78FFE9700F71D - Taken by Li Kao. 30 entrants total.

t1430768057z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, there are 33 games in the pack. That's not much more than a buck each, but whether or not that's good value depends on how many you intend to play... or whether or not you care about +1s.
Yeah I know, $1 for each individual game is fine, but when bought as a whole package it gets a bit expensive for my liking. Let's not forget these games came out over 20 years ago :p

Still, I can't wait to replay gems such as Hocus Pocus or Secret Agent.

JustinBB7

When is Valve going to outsource support.steampowered.com to the community? And will users be paid in actual money or just Steam wallet money?

This would be so good. But for a lot of problems they would need too much info on the users so it wouldn't work that well anyway I feel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with the random bunch of old ass games being added tomorow >_>

dex3108

Thought he looked familiar. Used to be with Playstation: The Official Magazine and then PCGamer back when magazines were a thing.

Both Ubisoft and Bethesda are running their blogs and i always wondered who are they kidding. Those are just extended PR talks. I would love to read about game development and behind scene stuff not PR talk. Let someone from dev team to write about something useful and use that to inform gamers.

Anteater

finished the last tinker, been a productive week

it's pretty decent for the price you can get it for, there are some light puzzles and the combat/platforming are definitely simplistic (ass creed platforming), but worth playing if you are in the mood for an action adventure game, it just starts a bit slow.

Just played ONE MANGA DAY

It's pretty much weeb garbage. I guess it's pretty much an allegory about manga translators with some surreal humor. But it's mostly let's be zany because that's how japan is. XD,

At least it's free and short.

rtcn63

Just played ONE MANGA DAY

It's pretty much weeb garbage. I guess it's pretty much an allegory about manga translators with some surreal humor. But it's mostly let's be zany because that's how japan is. XD,

At least it's free and short.

So... just go re-watch Excel Saga instead?

Turfster

One of the guesses for the Remute bundle is Eradicator, or at least something ending with "-tor"
Most of it hasn't been bundled.

JaseC

MechaHitler
is dead, we killed it in the first Wolf

(Wolf14 spoilers, sort of)
Yeah, but Wolf14 is (mostly) a sequel to Wolf09, which is a sequel to RTCW, which a reboot of Wolf3D minus MechaHitler, so the boss fight in Wolf3D never happened, plus there are a couple of newspaper clippings in Wolf14 that suggest Hitler is still alive

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So far I like the movement in RTCW a lot more than in Wolfenstein 2009 but still having some fun with it. I can't wait to get TNO which is what initially got me interested in these.

rtcn63

Yeah, but Wolf14 is (mostly) a sequel to Wolf09, which is a sequel to RTCW, which a reboot of Wolf3D minus MechaHitler, so the boss fight in Wolf3D never happened, plus there are a couple of newspaper clippings in Wolf14 that suggest Hitler is still alive

tumblr_ltdj1wITON1qh4j3to1_500.gif

I hope you at least get to fight Porcelain Charlie Chaplin.

Damn, I'd forgotten that RTCW was a reboot.

tumblr_ltdj1wITON1qh4j3to1_500.gif

I hope you at least get to fight Porcelain Charlie Chaplin.

Just when I was going to make that joke :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom