• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but...why are you saying this?
I'm simply discussing, here, as other users are doing. I want just to know if the new, paid version is actually different from the old one, that's it. And even if it is, I still find the price too high for a mod of a 17 years old game, an unofficial mod that is not a remastered (so, non-canon) in any way. Also as someone pointed here, the game had some problems, maybe they managed to polish the build, maybe those issues are still here, dunno, so it would be helpful at least know what someone is paying for.

I mean, it shouldn't be hard to go to the store page and read it

Heavily updated single player experience – The Black Mesa single player experience has greatly improved from the mod release; new visuals, new voice over, updated gameplay encounters, stability changes and more. Xen is not part of the Steam release of Black Mesa, but will included as a free update when it is ready.

Black Mesa Multiplayer – Fight with or against your friends, in two game modes across six iconic maps from the Half-Life Deathmatch universe: Bounce, Gasworks, Lambdabunker, Stalkyard, Subtransit and Undertow.

Custom Modding Tools – Use the same tools the developers used to create your own mods, modes and maps for Black Mesa and Black Mesa Multiplayer …
Fully integrated Workshop – … and then share your work on the fully integrated workshop!

Complete Steam Integration – Collect trading cards, backgrounds, emoticons, achievements, and everything else you would expect out of a Steam integrated game.

then there's the EA FAQ

as for why they left out certain parts...it's their vision and one of the devs explained those won't be put in, but anyone can mod it in

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

WWkzcSA.jpg

Tizoc

If it had a Steamcode, I'd be willing to buy a few issues for folk here.
But sending a DVD abroad is not really something I'd like to do, sorry. :\
(Other PLGAF folks might help you, I can't speak for them)

That's cool mate, just enjoy Wolf 2009, that's one hell of a fun FPS from what I played =3

As I said in another thread, I'll wait for the finished product before I get excited over something being developed by Robomodo. That includes Tony Hawk 5.

Nabs

Origin is part of the reason why games like Skate will never get a PC release. Without an audience, games like that will fail on PC.

Jawmuncher

Origin is part of the reason why games like Skate will never get a PC release. Without an audience, games like that will fail on PC.

Yeah it's a Shame. Always wanted to see all the Army of Two games hit PC but no one will give a shit now if it's just origin.

BorntoPlay

The best Castlevania's I played, after PS1 Symphony, are the GBA ones. Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow are so good.

Then on the NDS, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.

I was in heaven.

I second that..

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Not only is Origin not competition it's not even competitive.

Turfster

Where the hell are you getting Grim Fandango daily?
It's some kind of weird 33% off promo until the 12th, but it's not the daily =p

rtcn63

I was into the Tony Hawk games as a kid, I remember playing the demo for the first and second games for hours and hours. (Came with one of the Playstation magazines) I still have a working skateboard- Habitat deck, Tensor trucks, Rockin' Ron bearings, and generic wheels. Could never do anything but ollie and 180, I fell onto myself going off a curb in high school, and I haven't been able to skate right since. (Mental block)

Also I really dislike the controls in Skate. I wanted to like it since I got tired of the TH formula, but using the analog stick... couldn't adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom