• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

Guys, what do you think about Type 0 on PC?
It will be released?
I'm noticing the game is dropping on price really hard: it's 55€ from Amazon, but you can find a copy from other store for 40€, new.
Is this a common practice or the game is selling badly and SE is cutting the price (in this case chances to see it on PC increase)?

I expect it to hit PC next year. No factual basis, just a hunch. The same with FFXHD.
For now they better focus on LR. They might be shocked by disparity between FF13 (320k) and 13-2 (150k) sales. I hope they learned by putting a quality port rather than PC gamer crowd hate FF.

Just Cause 3 looks pretty neat. Finally Mediterranean! Can't wait for Porco Rosso mod.

Tizoc

Hey, MS, since you're oh-so committed to PC platform, how about porting XBLA versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie?

I mean, the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter clearly shows there's money to be made of those kind of games on PC... And it's not like those games need to be shackled to a dying platform, right?
Right?
A man needs his jiggies, you know?

Holy shit I was thinking just that today!
Why aren't the XBL Banjo games on PC, I really wanna try them out =(

It's kind of funny they exist in a universe where people can be brought back form the dead, but Barbara can't get her legs back

There was this one comic strip I read online a long time ago about how various DC characters got rejuvenated via robotics (Cyborg), science or magic, and then at the end there's Barbra with an '>=/' look on her face.

Tizoc

It's kind of funny they exist in a universe where people can be brought back form the dead, but Barbara can't get her legs back

There was this one comic strip I read online a long time ago about how various DC characters got rejuvenated via robotics (Cyborg), science or magic, and then at the end there's Barbra with an '>=/' look on her face.

Hey everyone. Just built a PC so you'll prolly be seeing me here more often now.

nvm
Welcome to the dark side of gaming... I mean PC place >_>

No worries about the site you asked for. Happens to many of us.
That's why it is advised to read OP. It's fairly big and I myself had to read it multiple times on several occasions to find what I was searching for.

Even if you forget to read or overlook it, asking here is better than shelling out on dubious sites. That's why we are here. We like to help and inform!

And one little mishap like yours is fine. Just take care not to repeat that too often or the wolfs will come for you :p

Also, congrats on your new PC! You should post what eyecandy-stuff you'll be testing/playing.
Guys, what do you think about Type 0 on PC?
It will be released?
I'm noticing the game is dropping on price really hard: it's 55€ from Amazon, but you can find a copy from other store for 40€, new.
Is this a common practice or the game is selling badly and SE is cutting the price (in this case chances to see it on PC increase)?
I mean SE has been rather commendable lately with bringing more and more quality titles to PC - even if older games.
Personally I think FF15/Demo/Type0 will come but at earliest with 1 year delays. Not optimal but I am totally fine. Playing games day 1 is way overrated.
Cool. Will try out. I have almost no good games there though. sadface
But I would love to get my social peeps there as well!

Took a look at ITAD.
Arkham Knight for 23,47 Euros at nuveem is the cheapest place.
Is it a locked game or possible to buy via VPN?

I know, I know it has been talked a lot lately but I forgot. Leave it to my age folks.

Tizoc

Took a look at ITAD.

I know, I know it has been talked a lot lately but I forgot. Leave it to my age folks.

It is not Region Locked BUT
Wait for the Game+Season pass ver. to go up first before buying it :p

MUnited83

For you.
Took a look at ITAD.

It's included in the Nvidia promotion. There will be people selling it for lower than that. Wait :p

It's included in the Nvidia promotion. There will be people selling it for lower than that. Wait :p
Haha. Actually my intentions were similar :p

I have a Arkham Knight Steam Key from that promo.

I am not interested to activate it though. Happily content waiting a year or two for good prices.

What I do want is GTAV though. No clue if someone would make a trade.

Arkham Knight for GTAV (Steam version)

Don't know whom to trust. Is there any nice Steam-Gaf peep who do that? Maybe someone who gets GTAV for cheap in their region.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tera is finally coming to Steam for realsies? I actually just downloaded this again 2 days ago to fuck around with a half naked Castanictry the new class

Aaron D.

Man, Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 is legit. I'm kinda interested at getting 2015 now.

Car Mechanic Sim 2015 is freakin' golden.

CMS15 really fleshes out the first game with the addition of a Paint & Body shop, Auction House, Parking Garage (car collecting) and roughly twice the number of raw car parts as found in '14. Feels like a new/improved game engine too as it performs faster to boot.

Here's the OT I made for it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
You won't like it. It has a woman in it.

You make that sound like I won't like it because of it having a woman in the cast. I don't have any issues with it, or the cast really. It's not going to be the same as it was, mainly because they won't find anyone who's as much of an arse as Clarkson is. I'm happy to give it a try. Wouldn't mind a female presence on the show either to try and open it up a bit.

Milamber

You make that sound like I won't like it because of it having a woman in the cast. I don't have any issues with it, or the cast really. It's not going to be the same as it was, mainly because they won't find anyone who's as much of an arse as Clarkson is. I'm happy to give it a try. Wouldn't mind a female presence on the show either to try and open it up a bit.

Yeah, it came off as sexist there. But almost every car and tech show I watch with a female host tends to bore me. Especially comedic bits.

Who knows, I might be wrong for this one.

But I also have a problem with these young guys too. I just don't like them somehow.

You know what, I just don't like a Top Gear without Clarkson, Hammond and May. No matter what hosts replaces them.

Change must be embraced. But I'm not hugging.

Milamber

Car Mechanic Sim 2015 is freakin' golden.

CMS15 really fleshes out the first game with the addition of a Paint & Body shop, Auction House, Parking Garage (car collecting) and roughly twice the number of raw car parts as found in '14. Feels like a new/improved game engine too as it performs faster to boot.

Here's the OT I made for it.

I shouldn't have read that OT. Now I don't like my 2014.

Shantom

I'm not very impressed with Nuuvem's customer service. I sent them a message on Friday asking them to cancel a pre-order and I've still had no reply.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
IBV20UW.jpg

now that's pretty cool :)

BruteUA

sorry for beating a dead horse, but ....

I'm sure the reason is very technical and if they could send you the key, they would have done it already

sorry

The message on Nuuvem says there may be a delay of production, per Google Translate. Technical issues is probably the literal translation.

MadGear

Tera is finally coming to Steam for realsies? I actually just downloaded this again 2 days ago to fuck around with a half naked Castanictry the new class

Odd, it is showing up in the european stores as well although it pretty much seems to be the NA Version only. Since Valve would get a cut of transactions this way I doubt that our beloved gameforge would even consider a release on Steam, well unless they increase prices of shop items even further to offset this.
I used to like this game a lot, it pretty much ruined me for any tab-targeting MMO. If only gameforge didn't turn to shit after the F2P transition :/

...you do know that Source didn't went from 1.0 to 2.0 directly, right? There were versions in between...

And only the significat visible update is from HL2 (2004) to Portal 2. BMS won't have that jump since it didn't use the version from a decade ago, unless it uses Source Engine 2.0, that is when it can be caled "engine upgrade".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Black Mesa looks pretty neat. I'm not at all interested in the multiplayer, but I'm totally okay with paying for the "full" version of the game considering it has trading cards and Steam achievements.

As someone who never played the original Half Life, can I assume that this is now the "definitive" version of the game? Or does the fan-remake aspect of the game change too many of the original elements?

EDIT: Oh I just read that the story is so far incomplete. Guess I'll be waiting.

r3n4ud

Black Mesa looks pretty neat. I'm not at all interested in the multiplayer, but I'm totally okay with paying for the "full" version of the game considering it has trading cards and Steam achievements.

As someone who never played the original Half Life, can I assume that this is now the "definitive" version of the game? Or does the fan-remake aspect of the game change too many of the original elements?
I was under the assumption that it's still incomplete. Don't really wanna pick it up now if there still missing parts of the game.

EDIT: Oh I just read that the story is so far incomplete. Guess I'll be waiting.

they haven't released the Xen stuff, which was garbage-tier gameplay even when it came out.

trust me, play Black Mesa and then just youtube the xen stuff if youre interested.

MUnited83

For you.
And only the significat visible update is from HL2 (2004) to Portal 2. BMS won't have that jump since it didn't use the version from a decade ago, unless it uses Source Engine 2.0, that is when it can be caled "engine upgrade".

I'm fairly sure the Black Mesa free release uses the source version from Orange Box, aka from 2007. Which isn't a decade ago but it is pretty close...

they haven't released the Xen stuff, which was garbage-tier gameplay even when it came out.

trust me, play Black Mesa and then just youtube the xen stuff if youre interested.

And the face-creation system they bragged about is nothing like they promised. You always find redundant faces. Also the game is very easy even on hard, there are always health kits everywhere any time. I hope they changed that now.

I'm fairly sure the Black Mesa free release uses the source version from Orange Box, aka from 2007. Which isn't a decade ago but it is pretty close...

Still, it won't be a big upgrade worth calling for this price. Mind: Path to Thalamus costs less than this "mod" and will get an engine upgrade from UE3 to UE4 and Oculus Rift Support and the upgrade will be free. It is like as if someone got the first HL and got this BMS upgrade for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom