• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Rin

So I just posted on the shouldibuythisgame subreddit asking whether I should buy Rust or not, and Garry responded by giving me a key. <3

Maniac

Banned
guys, have you read that P.T is removed from PSN? Is it the first time? I don't remember any game being removed before.

edited: after seeing this, I want a femwitcher

Ya, I know, not gonna happen

It's likely going to happen. CDPR has always said that TW3 is the end of Geralts story... And it really does seem like they want Ciri to become the next protagonist. I really wouldn't be surprised to see it happend. Of course, she's not the run-of-the-mill Witcher, but it's still something.

I'd personally love to see a Witcher game where you play as one of the masters of one of the other schools, or seeing one of the Witcher schools in their prime, with the game revolving around it and becoming a Witcher... Hnnngh....
Oculus announced that the consumer version is releasing in early 2016. They showed some pics too.
2 pics.

Edit: Yesterday's news apparently, though I didn't hear about it til just now.

News to me, but that's because the night is dark and full of terrors; thus I do not venture outside of SteamGAF and I know nothing.
I don't wanna say Episode 3/Half-Life 3 is never going to happen but it's been a few years since Gabe mentioned Ricochet 2 in an interview. Since then Steam has reached new heights on the back of Doto and Counter-Strike: Hat Edition. More people know Valve and use Steam because of games not called Half-Life.

Well, Marc did mention to me a long time ago that he fully intends to make "more Half Life", so it's only a matter of time.

Question is how long.
After Wolf: TNO and now TOB bringing back no penalty for hip firing in a big budget FPS I don't think I could go back to the sloth pace of the stop and pop ADS shooter unless it was pretty special.

I did use the ADS quite often in TNO, really. Because the guns felt so great, I loved having that added grit and really just loved how good the ironsights looked.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really? I mean from start to finish it's above serviceable?

To be fair FF Type-0 alone probably turned your head :p

Like... I legitimately enjoyed Knack. I had really low expectations going in (and that helped) but I found myself actually enjoying it. I even played some of the match-3 companion app on my tablet to unlock some in-game stuff which I thought was kinda cool. It's certainly not the best thing I've played on the PS4, but it was well worth the $9.99 it cost used from Gamefly.

Wish I got a PS4 for my birthday.

For the sake of full disclosure I should point out that I purchased it for myself... as a birthday present.

derExperte

Really? I mean from start to finish it's above serviceable?

No, it lures you in by not being as horrible as expected for the first half and then keeps on repeating the same mindnumbing gameplay loop without anything new and zero charm. At the end I wanted to do bad things to everyone involved.

Still in my top 10 of PS4 games. The situation is that bad and this year could end up being even worse than 2014. Order was a bust, don't care about Bloodborne (whose fans are completely losing it) and who knows when Until Dawn comes out. Same for a few potentially interesting indies. Let's see what E3 brings.

Hinomura

This is first time publisher denied keys to them. They need to sell games i f they want to stay in business. Is it good for GMG that they did this? Not entierly.

Eh. I don't know if the eventual lost sales of TW3 would have killed them, I hope not. And it seems they are selling it lower than anyone else.

Probably GMG did it to boost its userbase, but they got that "unauthorized reseller" label which could harm them... probably?

I think people buying from authorized sellers usually don't buy from unauthorized resellers, but I fear buyers from legit sources are the minority, ie thanks to youtubers & esports sponsored by grey market companies, web ads, friends speaking about how low they paid for a perfectly working game key, and all the buzz.

Oh well, just managed to beat Witcher 2. Had to finish it in a hurry since I'm leaving for some days and by sheer coincidence I'll be back home the 19th, Witcher 3 day! (hoping for a quick delivery from Amazon)

I don't know if it's fault of my haste but I preferred the first one, and not by a narrow margin. I think the story is much much better, and found most of the settings, the side characters and the dialogues more interesting and enjoyable. It even felt more "diverse" to me. The only thing I really hated about the first was that demon-devil-hound early in game (aside from running the game windowed to avoid most of the crashes). Anyway W2 is a good game, but I don't feel the magic the first had.

Wow, I've just read that GMG thread. Shocking.
Are we considering GMG as a shady website now?

Tera Online is so damn unoptimized. GTX 970 and I'm not even hitting 40fps.

It's an mmorpg with pretty graphics.
I think it would be impossible to ask for a locked 60 fps in mmorpg cities or packed zones.
Anyway, Tera is the game that burnt out my gpu back in 2012. Yeah, it's that nasty.

derExperte

Oh well, just managed to beat Witcher 2. Had to finish it in a hurry since I'm leaving for some days and by sheer coincidence I'll be back home the 19th, Witcher 3 day! (hoping for a quick delivery from Amazon)

I don't know if it's fault of my haste but I preferred the first one, and not by a narrow margin. I think the story is much much better, and found most of the settings, the side characters and the dialogues more interesting and enjoyable. It even felt more "diverse" to me. The only thing I really hated about the first was that demon-devil-hound early in game (aside from running the game windowed to avoid most of the crashes). Anyway W2 is a good game, but I don't feel the magic the first had.

I totally agree, finished W2 over the last weekend and it grew on me after act 1 but still, W1 had more heart or personality or whatever you want to call it. Story was complex too but not quite as convoluted and afair the sidequests offered more small choices. Plus the difficulty was badly balanced in 2, went from too hard to too easy almost instantly.

Shadownet

Banned
It's an mmorpg with pretty graphics.
I think it would be impossible to ask for a locked 60 fps in mmorpg cities or packed zones.
Anyway, Tera is the game that burnt out my gpu back in 2012. Yeah, it's that nasty.

I remembered it running really well on my GTX 760... What happened. :/

Even when you change to the lowest settings. the FPS remains mostly the same.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
There are so many PC threads on the gaming side, and all of them are chock full of salty console fans who are trying to justify their investment.

fantomena

Great for Sony fans, not great for those who prefer game preservation.

Sure, but as long as FromSoft has the creative freedom they need (Sony is known for giving devs creative freedom) Im happy.

At least Bloodborne wouldn't exist without Sony since Sony brought the concept and ideas to FromSoft.

Grief, you get your Hotline Miami 2 Collector's Edition yet? All my friends, who ordered well after me, already have theirs. Mine barely shipped this morning. :/

Grief.exe

Sure, but as long as FromSoft has the creative freedom they need (Sony is known for giving devs creative freedom) Im happy.

At least Bloodborne wouldn't exist without Sony since Sony brought the concept and ideas to FromSoft.

That is true.

I wonder how much Namco played around with the Dark Souls concept.

Grief, you get your Hotline Miami 2 Collector's Edition yet? All my friends, who ordered well after me, already have theirs. Mine barely shipped this morning. :/

Yes, I actually got it yesterday. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

The vinyl portion makes this CE awkward to produce and ship I'd imagine.

Hell, I hear that The Order is at least worth renting.

Sounds insane to me, but whatever floats your boat.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

While true, I think the real answer we need is for publishers to be less adverse to risk in general, instead of encouraging exclusivity. Exclusivity is not really a good thing in the long run in terms of consumer options and the life span of these titles.

Lingitiz

I was under the impression that Sony came to FS asking for a new IP, but didn't specify what they wanted in it, only that they wanted to collaborate. The actual content itself was all FS.

I remembered it running really well on my GTX 760... What happened. :/

Even when you change to the lowest settings. the FPS remains mostly the same.

Driver issue, perhaps?
I remember both amd and nvidia released a driver specialized for Tera back then. When I played Tera last month it wasn't that bad, 60fps everywhere except the cities.

Shadownet

Banned
Driver issue, perhaps?
I remember both amd and nvidia released a driver specialized for Tera back then. When I played Tera last month it wasn't that bad, 60fps everywhere except the cities.

I spawned in the dungeon. sub 40fps. eh I dont know, I got to level 38 just playing alone. It's really hard to go back if you don't have anyone to play with.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
That is true.

I wonder how much Namco played around with the Dark Souls concept.

I wonder if Namco is even in the equation anymore since From was bought from Kadokawa but then again Kadokawa isn't a stranger to partnerships but they also like to milk the customer base a bit too.

Deitus

I wonder if Namco is even in the equation anymore since From was bought from Kadokawa but then again Kadokawa isn't a stranger to partnerships but they also like to milk the customer base a bit too.

Well I'm guessing that Namco owns the Dark Souls IP, so I would assume they will remain in the equation for the time being.

JC Sera

I was gonna get my beau Magicka 2 for his b'day, I'm not sure where to get it. I ended up checking out GMG due to the GMG threads, and they have the game with an exclusive hat. Ignoring the witcher 3 debacle, how have your experience with GMG been? Especially with getting keys on time?

edit: nvm hat is for the moba sticking to steam

I love my ps4 too. Might as well play it while it's still decent hardware and then invest in the next GPU upgrade in a year or two when PS4 really looks behind on the newest titles.

Dsyndrome

Just got Arkham Knight Season Pass for $23.51 from Nuuvem, so it does work. No VPN required.
Yes, I know I'm part of the problem. Full package still less than Base Game price though.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I bought a steam game code at a store, but I have to go back to work for a few hours. Is there no way to redeem this code through the website or through the mobile app so I can remote download the game? Crazy.

oh, and here's the greenlight page :)

... and more screenshots
Wow, this looks sweet!

115f9f9.gif

22458b5.gif

3354d46.gif

Not gonna lie. I like making Gifs.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GARE SAPPHIRE MECHS -- MB-6D1C164C9D2F818C - Taken by Diedac
ERADICATOR -- MB-3DD63C30685DD207 - Taken by KingKong

Kagemusha

I was gonna get my beau Magicka 2 for his b'day, I'm not sure where to get it. I ended up checking out GMG due to the GMG threads, and they have the game with an exclusive hat. Ignoring the witcher 3 debacle, how have your experience with GMG been? Especially with getting keys on time?

GMG has always been very good for me, probably 50 or more purchases. Twice I accidentally purchased non-Steam games and got a refund. On rare occasions they do release keys late, but usually the day before.

I just bought The Old Blood from GMG. Did my money go to russian mobsters?
I don't see you guys getting concerned in the good old trading days.
Out of curiosity, what makes them not legit? Are they acquiring illicit copies of the games? Using some shady loopholes? I trust you guys but I just want to know the reason or specific practices.
Keys could be bought with stolen credit cards, or keys came from retail copies in cheaper regions which may or may not already be used.
Current thread got put up early.

Comparing equivalent time periods:

Current thread after 6 days (at this time) had 60 pages, 50ppp.

Previous thread after 6 days (at this same time period) had 71 pages, 50ppp.

Bustatorship stays winning.

#bitter.
People complained a lot about the lower case title, not sure why that is considered winning.

Haunted

hlXfOt9.jpg

Power Drive 2000 is an arcade racer set in the year 2000...the future! Get behind the wheel of a technologically advanced
space-age sports car and tear it up as you battle to become A-number-1! The game features many unique and thrilling
game modes set in a 1980's cinematic scf-fi world and boasts a totally radical Synthwave soundtrack!

It also has a talking car...

8JJwaMp.jpg

(yes, that's an actual in-game screenshot)
Incredible trailer.

Godtier cover/header.

03B6DBC88EC468123C5E9D92241AA1A73F1A399C

So awesome.

Dsyndrome

How did Euro Truck Simulator 2 shoot to the top of Steam Bestsellers? This some hidden gem I just have to play?
Edit: Beaten by one fucking post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom