• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally after several days of scouring the webs, I finished my list of mods for GTAIV/Episodes of Liberty City.

Before I start, mods are not always cross-compatible between GTAIV and EFLC. In some cases mods may only work with GTAIV but not ELFC. Afaik mods that work with ELFC do work with GTAIV. Don't hold me on that though.
To make matters even more complicated some mods only work with a specific Patch version of GTAIV. The ones in question are 1.0.4.0 & 1.0.7.0. You might want to check before searching for other mods as the Steam version is the newest Patch. There is a way to downgrade to the previous Patch but I advise against it as I don't see much advantage in doing so.

The following list contains mods for EFLC. They were all tested by me with the newest Steam version.

Preface: Making sure the vanilla game is actually playable
As you might have read the PC versions of GTAIV & EFLC are anything but optimal. Performance leaves a lot to be desired as does the many defunct DRM systems.
SecuRom, GFWL and SocialClub do sadly not work always as they should.
SocialClub will regularly deny authentication so it would be wise to circumvent it alltogether by renaming the paul.dll in the game folder into paulold.dll. This way your game will start without having you to log into SocialClub.

Besides these I found that there are many users encountering troubles getting the game to start.
These threads helped me out get the vanilla game in a playable state.

1. Tools and preparations
Modding GTAIV is sadly often not straightforward, needs various tools and thus has a high chance of messing up your game.
You are best advised to back up the original files before overwriting them with mod-files. Please do this as you will want to roll back to your vanilla game to test different otherwise conflicting mods. Usually the size of the files to back up is very small but keep their folder hierarchies in mind.

XliveLess
Probably the most suggested mod is XLiveLess. It is a .dll file which basically circumvents GFWL. The newest version XLiveLess v0.999-beta7 can be found here.
While I am using this, it is no way required for many mods. The game is perfectly playable in way of creating a local profile in GFWL once the game starts. Save games with the usage of xliveless are incompatible, so you might want to commit. Personally I suggest using it as there are mods requiring it.

OpenIV & ASI Loader & ScriptHook
While many mods are indeed a work of copy-pasting there are many useful ones requiring these three tools.
Installing them is easy and usage as well for the later two. OpenIV on the other hand is needed to mod some textures and models which are part of a single big file. It is a bit of a hassle but a fairly straightforward process. Reading the ReadMe files will solve 99% of your questions and problems. Installing and using ASI Loader & ScriptHook is only a matter of copy-pasting.
Get the tools on their pages: OpenIV, GTAIV ASI Loader and ScriptHook.

2. ENB
This mod will most likely give the biggest visual upgrade to the game.
There are many different variations and versions. After research I found two to be the most popular, stable and compatible among them, CryENB & iCEnhancer.
Deciding which to use is a matter of personal taste, so you might want to check out Youtube videos. I used both and find CryENB to be better. It also helps that setting up CryENB is foolproof. The zip-file has very good documentation and you have a plethora of easy ways to set it up to your personal preference. Whether it is Bloom, GodRays, AA technique and so on.

Take heed in using(copying) the ESL mod inside of CryENB. Its purpose is to simulate much more realistic lighting of Police, Ambulance etc. vehicles. The version inside the CryENB file (V8) leads to game crashes after ~5mins of playtime. Supposedly earlier revisions work without crashes but you need to research this on yourself.

Other than that I feel CryENB offers very good visual upgrade while maintaining great performance. Best of all I liked the ease of setting it up and customizing almost every aspect if wanted.
You can even press Shift+Enter while ingame to open up a menu to en-/disable various options, AA, AO, Bloom etc. Really great ENB.

3. Textures
Maker of iCEnhance offers various very good texture packs on his site. Note that you don't need to use ice-ENB for this textures to work. They will work with every ENB and even without it.

Head on here, scroll down and download following:
Read the ReadMe in the zip files to see where to copy the files. Easy installation.
Only thing which is a bit more work is the "Metallic Paint" texture named vehshare.wtd in the "Extra Textures" file. You have to use OpenIV and extract that file into a bigger vehicles.img file. Read the ReadMe and you'll be just fine.

4. Scripts
These mods will change not the visuals but certain aspects of the gameplay. Choose according to your own desire.
I'm using them all and they are a blast. Especially the Bullet Time Mod.

Installing these is a copy-paste thing. Read the text files in the zip files to see which folders. Very easy.

5. Extra Stuff
The following mods are useful and you might want to check them out.

While the Simple Trainer is easy to set up, the weapon and car mods require you to use OpenIV and manually replace models and behavior files.
I personally don't use custom vehicles or weapons. There are many more models. Just be sure that they are specifically supported by your game and version.

Finally after several days of scouring the webs, I finished my list of mods for GTAIV/Episodes of Liberty City.

Before I start, mods are not always cross-compatible between GTAIV and EFLC. In some cases mods may only work with GTAIV but not ELFC. Afaik mods that work with ELFC do work with GTAIV. Don't hold me on that though.
To make matters even more complicated some mods only work with a specific Patch version of GTAIV. The ones in question are 1.0.4.0 & 1.0.7.0. You might want to check before searching for other mods as the Steam version is the newest Patch. There is a way to downgrade to the previous Patch but I advise against it as I don't see much advantage in doing so.

The following list contains mods for EFLC. They were all tested by me with the newest Steam version.

As you might have read the PC versions of GTAIV & EFLC are anything but optimal. Performance leaves a lot to be desired as does the many defunct DRM systems.
SocialClub will regularly deny authentication so it would be wise to circumvent it alltogether by renaming the paul.dll in the game folder into paulold.dll. This way your game will start without having you to log into SocialClub.

Besides these I found that there are many users encountering troubles getting the game to start.

Modding GTAIV is sadly often not straightforward, needs various tools and thus has a high chance of messing up your game.
You are best advised to back up the original files before overwriting them with mod-files. Please do this as you will want to roll back to your vanilla game to test different otherwise conflicting mods. Usually the size of the files to back up is very small but keep their folder hierarchies in mind.

XliveLess
Probably the most suggested mod is XLiveLess. It is a .dll file which basically circumvents GFWL. The newest version XLiveLess v0.999-beta7 can be found here.
While I am using this, it is no way required for many mods. The game is perfectly playable in way of creating a local profile in GFWL once the game starts. Save games with the usage of xliveless are incompatible, so you might want to commit. Personally I suggest using it as there are mods requiring it.

While many mods are indeed a work of copy-pasting there are many useful ones requiring these three tools.
Installing them is easy and usage as well for the later two. OpenIV on the other hand is needed to mod some textures and models which are part of a single big file. It is a bit of a hassle but a fairly straightforward process. Reading the ReadMe files will solve 99% of your questions and problems. Installing and using ASI Loader & ScriptHook is only a matter of copy-pasting.

2. ENB
There are many different variations and versions. After research I found two to be the most popular, stable and compatible among them, CryENB & iCEnhancer.
Deciding which to use is a matter of personal taste, so you might want to check out Youtube videos. I used both and find CryENB to be better. It also helps that setting up CryENB is foolproof. The zip-file has very good documentation and you have a plethora of easy ways to set it up to your personal preference. Whether it is Bloom, GodRays, AA technique and so on.

Take heed in using(copying) the ESL mod inside of CryENB. Its purpose is to simulate much more realistic lighting of Police, Ambulance etc. vehicles. The version inside the CryENB file (V8) leads to game crashes after ~5mins of playtime. Supposedly earlier revisions work without crashes but you need to research this on yourself.

Other than that I feel CryENB offers very good visual upgrade while maintaining great performance. Best of all I liked the ease of setting it up and customizing almost every aspect if wanted.
You can even press Shift+Enter while ingame to open up a menu to en-/disable various options, AA, AO, Bloom etc. Really great ENB.

3. Textures
Maker of iCEnhance offers various very good texture packs on his site. Note that you don't need to use ice-ENB for this textures to work. They will work with every ENB and even without it.

Read the ReadMe in the zip files to see where to copy the files. Easy installation.
Only thing which is a bit more work is the "Metallic Paint" texture named vehshare.wtd in the "Extra Textures" file. You have to use OpenIV and extract that file into a bigger vehicles.img file. Read the ReadMe and you'll be just fine.

4. Scripts
These mods will change not the visuals but certain aspects of the gameplay. Choose according to your own desire.

Installing these is a copy-paste thing. Read the text files in the zip files to see which folders. Very easy.

5. Extra Stuff

While the Simple Trainer is easy to set up, the weapon and car mods require you to use OpenIV and manually replace models and behavior files.
I personally don't use custom vehicles or weapons. There are many more models. Just be sure that they are specifically supported by your game and version.
You suck veggie!!

ssorry if you been on the chat, my bro is using my monitor for the ps4

Bundle things

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Original Strife: Veteran Edition -- MB-812FCFA65D8DA73C - Taken by autoduelist. 3 entrants total.
It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-EC7A5B4B94B99271 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Super Motherload -- MB-5CF91047CDB7CF95 - Taken by Last Baron. 5 entrants total.
Spark Rising -- MB-6E861DBEEF9A1490 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.

t1430972300z1.png

wilflare

I know this opinion is extremely unpopular in this thread, but I really like my PS4. Granted, I typically don't play EA or Ubisoft games on PC due to their DRM and usually consider these games to be "console exclusive". But my console of choice is definitely the PS4 - Bloodborne, inFamous Second Son, Knack, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Killzone, etc are all pretty good. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is pretty cool too (it's available on Xbox One also, but I would never buy one). Hell, I hear that The Order is at least worth renting. And since I already had PS+ on my Vita it just carries over and works with the PS4 also, giving me a few new games every month that are usually halfway decent. Plus, that controller...

I'm really glad I got mine for my birthday last year, I've played the hell out of it.

you are not alone. I enjoy my PS4 too - for RemotePlay to my Vita
and I kinda wish I could play my PS3 games on it (just so I can RemotePlay)

Wish I got a PS4 for my birthday.

just enjoy your Vita man, worry about its $400 accessory later.

Wow, this looks sweet!

115f9f9.gif

22458b5.gif

3354d46.gif

Not gonna lie. I like making Gifs.

that looks sweeeeeeeet! and I thought it was Audiosurf 2 lol

Shantom

New thing published by Carpe Fulgur:

'This Starry Midnight We Make is a celestial growth simulation game where you create celestial objects using the mysterious Star-seeing Basin.'

There's a demo too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/366820/

And there's an announcement blog too with a bit more detail.

This Starry Midnight We Make, or Mayonaka wa Hoshi zuku yo in the original Japanese, is something we’ve been thinking about doing for a little while now, ever since seeing it at Comiket in 2013. The brainchild of independent development studio Cavyhouse, Starry Midnight is a puzzle-simulation-adventure-story-hyphens game. It’s about magic, it’s about science, it’s about helping people through their problems, and it’s about seeing just how often Hamomoru can look incredulous at the madness that’s become her life since she arrived in Kyoto.

It is, at its core, a kind of hybrid of a puzzle and a simulation game. The player’s goal is to produce stars within the simulated night sky of the Star-seeing Basin; the night sky of the Basin itself follows the precepts of onmyou divination and its related use of the Wu Xing elemental system. The player must manipulate the levels of energy in the Basin, as well as the positions of the placed stars themselves, to create the objects they require – because helping the people you meet in Kyoto will require the creation of specific celestial bodies in the Basin, and tracking down the full truth of the Basin and its powers will take the creation of complex and mighty objects indeed…

Edit: Made a thread

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was under the impression that Sony came to FS asking for a new IP, but didn't specify what they wanted in it, only that they wanted to collaborate. The actual content itself was all FS.

I was under the impression that the credits in Bloodborne consisted of From employees only too.

XliveLess

2. ENB

3. Textures

4. Scripts

5. Extra Stuff

Wow, good stuff. I think I'll get the enb and textures only mod, perhaps with a couple of script and extra stuff.
I'm saving this post for future use. Thanks veggie.

derExperte

Someone in the the chat pointed this out, could it be that Woolfe gets heavily discounted in some stores because it'll be in Be Mine 19? Letters are as red the the main lady's coat.

Eila

New thing published by Carpe Fulgur:

'This Starry Midnight We Make is a celestial growth simulation game where you create celestial objects using the mysterious Star-seeing Basin.'

There's a demo too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/366820/

And there's an announcement blog too with a bit more detail.

Edit: Made a thread

Looks text heavy, no wonder it took them this long.
I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't look actiony like the previous Cape Fulgur games, but I'll try the demo.

Maniac

Banned
Well, Sony owns the IP and in addition to funding the rest of development it's also contributing manpower. TCR may have some say in the matter given it did develop the game on its own dime for at least ~18 months, but I'd wager the decision is ultimately Sony's and if the answer is still "No" six or 12 months after release then it's never going to happen.

Do they actually own the IP? If so, for shame TCR, for shame selling it to them. FOR SHAME!

(Yes, I want it.)

Maniac

Banned

Well, now I'm sad.

Thanks.

;_;
Also, according to a well known legit Sony leaker here on GAF (don't remember the name, but the user is Bish verified), the PS4 is supposedly going to be the go-to device for FromSoft fans.

Well... That sucks for the fans. And if that's true I'm even more sad now.
The Long Dark changed quite a bit since I last played it

there's cars now, and items have like, renders

game is gonna be so good when finished. cant wait for story mode

I can't wait either. The VA talent is seriously great. Gun b gut
The thing is that the game doesn't necessarily have to be called that.

Yeah. That's basically why Dark Souls exists in the first place anyway.

From gib Blood Souls pls.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of freshVeggie, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Knight -- MB-61E24A19BBED51E5 - Taken by NingenJanai. 113 entrants total.

t1431009799z1.png

Deitus

The thing is that the game doesn't necessarily have to be called that.

Well yeah, they could certainly make another game in that style under a different name, just as they did with Dark Souls from Demons Souls, and again with Bloodborne. And at least Bloodborne proves that they don't need the Dark Souls name to make a very successful game in that style.

Still, I'd wager there will be another Dark Souls game, because it's too popular a name to just forget about. Even if we on GAF generally know what a "Souls game" is, I think a lot of people out there only know it as Dark Souls, and they wouldn't want to lose out on that brand recognition. Especially if From's new owners are looking to make the most of their investment.

I already spent 12 hours on Tera and I want more but I wont play more for today.
11168767_764515790332922_8085569487059973100_o.jpg

She seems to have misplaced half of her outfit.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

DogFighter -- MB-30ED02E59E95E8AD - Taken by Lomax
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-E0AA04A2BE7B0081 - Taken by texhnolyze

She seems to have misplaced half of her outfit.

It's that particular race's exclusive clothing design.
Their clothes are mostly cut in half.

That game is still alive?

I'd say it's even more alive than a month after its launch.
People are everywhere, from low level zones to the major cities, I always see other players running around.
Reached level 40 as a slayer last month to unlock the new class, perhaps I'll be back later.

Anyone have any recommended mods or guides to update Skyrim visually?

Most important mods for visuals:
- 2k HD texture
- SMIM
- ENB
- Flora overhaul
- Climates of Tamriel
- Enhanced lights and FX
- Realistic water two

Those mods alone would make the game much much better. I think you'll need SKSE as well.

Dsyndrome

Beat Wolfenstein 2009, still want the damn game on Steam though Bethesda. I'm still doing better than my hometown of Oklahoma City though, I don't know why this time of year is always the fucking apocalypse with tornados, hail, flooding, and earthquakes. And this time tigers too apparently.

xGreg

CD Projekt now don't want to use GMG as Partner. So, they can to sell more via GOG and maximizing profits, sound like EA to me... Also, they downgraded TW3. They disappoint me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom