• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Come on you know we're all in for the kangaroo court that want to burn the witch that is GMG. I have no idea what some folks do for a living but rash decissions like the accusations thrown around would get me into shit loads of trouble both professionally and legally.

Batman Premium and Season Pass are on nuuvem now ... go crazy ;)

Eh £16 for that Season Pass is still more than I'd pay knowing the quality of the content let alone a wishy washy set of descriptions.

Dr Dogg

Hang on, hang on, hang on. According to the Project Cars OT backers get some form of profit sharing for 3 years after release? Why the fuck didn't I back this!?!?!?

Salsa

Nuuvem works fine. You just gotta use a VPN for Batman stuff now like with most other games

I and others from the pretty southlands can help if someone wants to buy something from there and not use a VPN

Arthea

Hang on, hang on, hang on. According to the Project Cars OT backers get some form of profit sharing for 3 years after release? Why the fuck didn't I back this!?!?!?

Welcome to the club of regrets of Jasec and me! Seriously, I wish I knew...

derExperte

But some don't even get the full game and have to pay more on top of their pledge. Rather confusing.

But I thought we couldn't use Nuuvem anymore?

Same here, can someone explain it plainly please? I'm in the US and want to know if I just have to give up on using Nuuvem anymore. I can check out Batman through Paypal, but is it region free or is it some weird locked South American version?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
And there it is.

"Following a six-month dialogue with [CD Projekt RED] about the launch of The Witcher 3, we were disappointed that despite the offer of significant cash advances, and other opportunities to officially work together, (we even offered to fly to Poland to discuss in detail how we could and wanted to support this launch), CDPR chose not to engage with a number of significant, reputable, and successful retailers, including ourselves, as they instead focused on supporting their own platform GOG. " Sulyok said.

Sulyok explains that GMG chose to essentially go around CD Projekt RED by acquiring digital copies of the game from third parties and retailers that were approved by CD Projekt RED. According to Sulyok, this means that CD Projekt RED is getting the revenue from sales of these games, and that any additional discount is absorbed by GMG. Earlier today, CD Projekt RED told GameSpot it was getting "zero" revenue from these sales.

Salsa

I have no idea what Arthea is saying. Nuuvem works as always with using a VPN or someome from latin america buying it for you.

The keys are not locked to any region.

GTAV in specific cannot be bought with a paypal account that's outside brazil, but that's just that one game. Probably cause T2 got mad.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I have no idea what Arthea is saying. Nuuvem works as always with using a VPN or someome from latin america buying it for you.

GTAV in specific cannot be bought with a paypal account that's outside brazil, but that's just that one game. Probably cause 2K got mad.

Take-Two*

AHA-Lambda

GTAV in specific cannot be bought with a paypal account that's outside brazil, but that's just that one game. Probably cause T2 got mad.

Kl, will grab the season pass then :)

Dr Dogg

Welcome to the club of regrets of Jasec and me! Seriously, I wish I knew...

I live on kickstarter and indiegogo now after missing Aviary Attorney. I'm not letting anything else slip through my fingers.

But some don't even get the full game and have to pay more on top of their pledge. Rather confusing.

The Formula Fusion kickstarter currently going is a bit mad as the funding goal is for their determination to get a base-line project off the ground. That doesn't instil me with confidence.

Dr Dogg

so - how's that "5 games per year" thing working out for you? ;)

I know, I know ... sorry :p

Only on 21 bought for the year and that includes the Origin Bundle Redux. Finished 11 games this year as well so surprisingly doing better than normal, whatever normal is.

Jawmuncher

aren't GMG selling it with better discount than anybody? I still have my doubts about those sources of keys

tumblr_nelb5wjJDu1sqolu4o1_400.gif
Making it sound like GMG is pulling a G2A or something. Even the Witcher guy said they can't do anything about GMG buying keys and selling them at their own loss. Which is what they're doing. Does sound like they're probably buying from namco or something. At the end of the day though GMG is still a authorized seller and we can just sweep this under the rug.

I await someone calling out GMG when they themselves bought the game through a trader or other such outlet.

dex3108

So CDPR is not that customer friendly as we thought. Yes they have right to choose their partners but it is really sad to hear they refused to sell keys to GMG even though GMG tried to convince them multiple times. In the end consumers should always have right to decide where to buy their games.

Arthea

Making it sound like GMG is pulling a G2A or something. Even the Witcher guy said they can't do anything about GMG buying keys and selling them at their own loss. Which is what they're doing. Does sound like they're probably buying from namco or something. At the end of the day though GMG is still a authorized seller and we can just sweep this under the rug.

I await someone calling out GMG when they themselves bought the game through a trader or other such outlet.

yeah no, until GMG disclose their source of keys to somebody trusted, I'm not gonna just believe that not only they are buying keys via middleman, meaning pay more, they sell for less than anybody? If somebody sounds fishy, it is usually fishy.

I live on kickstarter and indiegogo now after missing Aviary Attorney. I'm not letting anything else slip through my fingers.

The Formula Fusion kickstarter currently going is a bit mad as the funding goal is for their determination to get a base-line project off the ground. That doesn't instil me with confidence.
wait a second, what's about Aviary Attorney?

Dr Dogg

With their constant vouchers and the days of credit GMG have probably been taking a hit for retention for a while. Wonder what CDPR's reasoning is? It's not like they're the only digital retailer other than Steam as Gamesplanet, Games Rocket and DL Gamer have it on their sites, with Gamesplanet offering all the GOG extras and a note saying it's in cooperation with them. Others willing to take a smaller cut would seem odd as GMG sound pretty willing to negotiate.

I was on holiday when this started...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1873107026/aviary-attorney

and by the time I got back and had a look what was on ks it had ended by 2 days. Sadly no slacker backer options and only a tentative release date of June but I check their twitter daily for updates as well as their dev blog http://aviaryattorney.tumblr.com/

Jawmuncher

yeah no, until GMG disclose their source of keys to somebody trusted, I'm not gonna just believe that not only they are buying keys via middleman, meaning pay more, they sell for less than anybody? If somebody sounds fishy, it is usually fishy.

It doesn't sound fishy though. If anyone sounds like a badguy it's CDPR.
Plus they've been selling less than anyone for ages (Outside of region stuff). Not like the site has been strict MSRP and then out of nowhere Witcher 3 preorder discount. They've been a loss leader for ages.

dex3108

Nice precedent, GMG :/
Will they stop at The Witcher 3, or will they have more "temptations" in the future?

This is first time publisher denied keys to them. They need to sell games i f they want to stay in business. Is it good for GMG that they did this? Not entierly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Putting off that PS4 purchase until 2016.

I know this opinion is extremely unpopular in this thread, but I really like my PS4. Granted, I typically don't play EA or Ubisoft games on PC due to their DRM and usually consider these games to be "console exclusive". But my console of choice is definitely the PS4 - Bloodborne, inFamous Second Son, Knack, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Killzone, etc are all pretty good. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is pretty cool too (it's available on Xbox One also, but I would never buy one). Hell, I hear that The Order is at least worth renting. And since I already had PS+ on my Vita it just carries over and works with the PS4 also, giving me a few new games every month that are usually halfway decent. Plus, that controller...

I'm really glad I got mine for my birthday last year, I've played the hell out of it.

fantomena

I know this opinion is extremely unpopular in this thread, but I really like my PS4. Granted, I typically don't play EA or Ubisoft games on PC due to their DRM and usually consider these games to be "console exclusive". But my console of choice is definitely the PS4 - Bloodborne, inFamous Second Son, Knack, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Killzone, etc are all pretty good. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is pretty cool too (it's available on Xbox One also, but I would never buy one). Hell, I hear that The Order is at least worth renting. And since I already had PS+ on my Vita it just carries over and works with the PS4 also, giving me a few new games every month that are usually halfway decent. Plus, that controller...

I'm really glad I got mine for my birthday last year, I've played the hell out of it.

Also, according to a well known legit Sony leaker here on GAF (don't remember the name, but the user is Bish verified), the PS4 is supposedly going to be the go-to device for FromSoft fans.

Really? I mean from start to finish it's above serviceable?

To be fair FF Type-0 alone probably turned your head :p

It's not a masterpeice, but I actually played through it and had lots of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom