• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of lemmings clones on steam is most fun to play, assuming anybody played any, there are about 10 of those or so.

edited: judging by reviews it would be So Many Me, probably. Anybody plays it?
Flockers seems to be more lemmings alike, tho.

Clones is alright.

Anyway to celebrate the fact that I have now reached The Smashing Pumpkins in Game count, some random game that I got two of.

Not really a celebration, just an awesome coincidental song.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blue Rose -- MB-A24DAF3FC6F0D2B1 - Taken by Deques

Say what you will about publisher/dev shenanigans, but it's never been a better time to be a PC gamer. I spend $10 and get Killer Bundle 3, Be Mine 19 and the HB weekly. Absurd amounts of content for dirt-cheap.

Arthea

Say what you will about publisher/dev shenanigans, but it's never been a better time to be a PC gamer. I spend $10 and get Killer Bundle 3, Be Mine 19 and the HB weekly. Absurd amounts of content for dirt-cheap.

usually bundles suck, tho, this week was an exception.

^ I was just going over my accounts early this morning - I have something like 150 bundles spread between HB, Groupees and BundleStars, not counting the music/book HB bundles. Probably spent somewhere close to $500 between them, but it's a metric fuckton of content. I've resigned myself to never playing them all. Just pick what looks best.

Miguel81

Saoirse doesn't like it. :p

And how is Project Cars? How does it compare to Forza or GT?

It's a lot more unforgiving than GT with the assists off and Full Damage setting. High/Ultra visual settings require a pretty beastly PC, and AMD performance isn't too hot(even on Medium). Did one race in Azure Coast in a Thunderstom + 20 cars and it was marvelous for a bit until my frames tanked. Setting up a pad properly also takes a bit of experimentation.

fenners

^ I was just going over my accounts early this morning - I have something like 150 bundles spread between HB, Groupees and BundleStars, not counting the music/book HB bundles. Probably spent somewhere close to $500 between them, but it's a metric fuckton of content. I've resigned myself to never playing them all. Just pick what looks best.

And that's okay! I think folk beat themselves up about playing through the content of these bundles too much - if you pay $2-5 for a handful of games & get a few hours out of it, you're ahead. If there's one game that keeps your attention, you're ahead.

Aqua Kitty looks fun, just preordered too on the hope it's in there.

dex3108

Uh hasn't preload been available for PC for a month now? And it's already been replied right in the twitter thread you posted that PS4 preload is May 16.

Pre-load is up only for X1 for weeks now. And that is only placeholder for PS4. CDPR doesn't want or can't tell us when they will push pre-load foe PC/PS4.

derExperte

You still want to do a clean install though =p

I didn't with 8 and that only worked thanks to some dodgy registry fiddling. Living on the edge, baby. Worked fine btw, say what you will about Windows but it has become very robust. Until MS pushes out a faulty update after which you can't boot anymore and have to reinstall. Grrr.

Just make a clean install for the final release. Is there any reason you want to try the preview release?

I need a new install for W8.1 since there is too much shit on the system that it would take less time to do a clean install than trying to figure out what is giving the systems those problems.

Haunted

bGA3TXJ.jpg
Why does he look happy instead of angry/frustrated? Why doesn't this animate? 2/10

copycat Miyazaki memes were a mistake, they're nothing but trash.

Turfster

I didn't with 8 and that only worked thanks to some dodgy registry fiddling. Living on the edge, baby. Worked fine btw, say what you will about Windows but it has become very robust. Until MS pushes out a faulty update after which you can't boot anymore and have to reinstall. Grrr.

Well yes, but you're an expert.
We want to give lowest common denominator advice in the thread! ;)

E1CG0ZB.png

Wow, 50%? First time I'm hearing such a high number. Is that real or out of his bum?
Have the game installed. Want to start it. Looks like fun gameplay.
very noob question...I'm on nvidia card..there's some way to show an fps counter when playing?and if yes,how?
You can use GeForce Experience and set it to show an FPS counter. You can set at which corner it should show.

Steam offers an FPS counter as all. I've tried it and it sucks. Way too small and often it bugs out and doesn't show. Do not recommend.

MSI Afterburner offers a plethora of info to show. Not only FPS but VRAM, RAM, CPU/GPU temperatures and loads etc. You can easily toggle which info to show.

Totally recommend Afterburner. Steam's sucks and Nvidia's is butt-ugly.
Reminds me of mine. Give into temptation; your wallet can cry in the corner while you have fun with your new toy. :)
Long time no see prof.
Totally prefer clean install. Hopefully that option will be there as well.

Tizoc

As some GAFfers are helping others get the Arkham Knight season pass, I find that the price offered is sadly a little too much for me. For one, the SP is $30 if you already own the game on Steam.

I'd settle for anything under $25, and while I could wait months for the SP to go for under $20, I may not be in the mood to replay it again :/ As such having all the content already beforehand would make playing the DLC bonus stuff a better overall experience.

Deques

As some GAFfers are helping others get the Arkham Knight season pass, I find that the price offered is sadly a little too much for me. For one, the SP is $30 if you already own the game on Steam.

I'd settle for anything under $25, and while I could wait months for the SP to go for under $20, I may not be in the mood to replay it again :/ As such having all the content already beforehand would make playing the DLC bonus stuff a better overall experience.

Isn't it around $25 at nuuvem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom