• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ah yes, I see the ModBot issue. It seems to be a weird thing where an automatic repost was scheduled but the cached version of the giveaway text is corrupt. Will fix, should just be a minute.

Edit: Problem fixed. Cause of corruption: I just recent put ModBot up on GitHub (no, the code is not public) since my previous backup solution was poor. During this I did something that corrupted some of the recent automatic repost cache. The code for the automatic repost failed gracefully (i.e. politely printed and error and then exited) but because reposts are given high priority, the failure at the repost stage blocked everything else from running. The short term solution was to make it so that a failed repost is marked as reposted. Ta-da!

Benedict

First?

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-85BFB9442C86424E - Taken by Belgarion
Return Null Episode 1 -- MB-7B7C84E2DED78849 - Taken by bloke

Uzzy

FFX/X-2 is locked to 30 FPS.

FCT62ip.gif

At least we still have The Goddess.

Bigby

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-85445404DE9B1664
Keebles -- MB-80B43471B5234A28 - Taken by drakaenae
Square's Route -- MB-2B41C50424A7588D - Taken by Henry Swanson

It's my birthday! Here's a game to pay forth past generosities!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal league -- MB-63F2131A44578F6B - Taken by dave is ok. 13 entrants total.

t1462999504z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Rafy

So I just found out about Civ6 and that it comes out this fall. I guess I should finally start playing Civ V since I've owned the complete edition for ages. Any suggestions on where to start? I've never played any of the Civ games.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Inner World -- MB-EE20486DCAA23098 - Taken by Saty
GMG Mystery Game

Hey, neat, I found this cool ModBot userscript on GitHub:
https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

It highlights games you already own in giveaways and gives you clickable links to games you don't. How cool is this?!

Whoever made this, awesome! I love it!

Yeah I made that :) It used to show if the games had cards too but the service I was using went under. Anyone know any free API's I could use?

Thanks everyone for the nice words

Arthea

So I just found out about Civ6 and that it comes out this fall. I guess I should finally start playing Civ V since I've owned the complete edition for ages. Any suggestions on where to start? I've never played any of the Civ games.

go easy for starters, get to know the game mechanics, combat, nations, leaders, policies and so forth. AI gets meaner and meaner with every higher difficulty and you get less money and leeway with your population happiness, also barbarians get more and more nasty.

Grief.exe

FFX/X-2 is locked to 30 FPS.

At least we still have The Goddess.

Not much to be done on that, what about resolution?

I used to have a very good introduction video I used to link for people. It's very long, but you don't need to watch the entire thing.

I don't have time to dig through my YouTube liked videos to find it, but I'll look for it today.

dex3108

E3 Stream banners are back this year :D I think that design is good enough (i will maybe change few minor things like background pattern) and i am waiting for PlatStation conference time so i can finish that one too. And if you have any suggestions feel free to post them :D

pw1b3E6.png

8wqdM7u.png

G8G5jPH.png

7VL9whP.png

4HMFEn3.png

XeMzkcN.png

Rafy

go easy for starters, get to know the game mechanics, combat, nations, leaders, policies and so forth. AI gets meaner and meaner with every higher difficulty and you get less money and leeway with your population happiness, also barbarians get more and more nasty.

Good to know. I see it also has steam workshop support, are there any interesting mods (other than renaming barbarians ISIS) I should know about?

At Humble Bundle, they have Batman Arkham Knight for $15 and the season pass for 10. Is the season pass worth it?
As someone who owns the base game without it, I see no reason to spend more money on this game, on PC at least. I'd rather invest on another indie game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah I made that :) It used to show if the games had cards too but the service I was using went under. Anyone know any free API's I could use?

Thanks everyone for the nice words

Steam's public AppDetails API should work. For example with CS:GO...

http://store.steampowered.com/api/appdetails?appids=730&filters=categories

{"730":{"success":true,"data":{"categories":[{"id":1,"description":"Multi-player"},{"id":22,"description":"Steam Achievements"},{"id":28,"description":"Full controller support"},{"id":29,"description":"Steam Trading Cards"},{"id":30,"description":"Steam Workshop"},{"id":35,"description":"In-App Purchases"},{"id":8,"description":"Valve Anti-Cheat enabled"},{"id":15,"description":"Stats"}]}}}

You can look for ID 29 in the code which corresponds with "Steam Trading Cards" or even do a regex parse on the returned bits. There are a few cases where the API doesn't have accurate information (especially with pre-released stuff) but it should be mostly accurate.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Start out on the easiest difficulty, settler (or the mode right above that, chieftain), and read the tutorial messages that pop up during a regular game. I'd suggest playing at least one normal game of Civ before getting into mods or trying any of the scenarios. Also, look up information on the different civs/leaders and their special bonuses to see which one you'd like to try out (definitely check out Poland at some point, though).

AHA-Lambda

E3 Stream banners are back this year :D I think that design is good enough (i will maybe change few minor things like background pattern) and i am waiting for PlatStation conference time so i can finish that one too. And if you have any suggestions feel free to post them :D

pw1b3E6.png

8wqdM7u.png

G8G5jPH.png

7VL9whP.png

4HMFEn3.png

XeMzkcN.png

Wait, Ubi and Sony are at the same time?
Best hope PC show is short too cos that's an hour before :/

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I can never tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps, so the FF X game being locked at 30 doesnt bother me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom