• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I need others to suffer... I mean test Homefront out and give some thoughts before I give it a look. I just don't have much confidence there based off the name.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok day two without overwatch i played some league and hey league is pretty cool so nvm!

can't wait for overwatch tho

d_va_by_kuvshinov_ilya-d9gb67e.jpg

d.va buffs believe!

Wow. Is that really something that can just so happen there? Must be terrible.
well i wouldn't say terrible, importing shit is like a pretty big privilege so i don't really complain much

i would prefer going back to the older system in which i could just import 2 things a year and they get heavy taxes but at least i get them, but it's not like ppl are stealing my penicilin or whatever

Granjinha

So does anyone think that NiS is going to port more Disgaea's to PC? I really want to play some of the new entries

I mean, 45K copies for the first game is pretty good, me thinks.

It will be a great cosmic irony if a Homefront sequel somehow manages to be better than Doom 4.

It won't be, tho.

Uzzy

I actually played a little Overwatch during the beta. Was fun, though Tracer's accent is a hate crime.

Widowmaker and Pharah are best waifus.

Hektor

So who's playing Homefront on Tuesday?

That ones coming out too, huh? I'm getting more and more detached from the big games I feel

I need others to suffer... I mean test Homefront out and give some thoughts before I give it a look. I just don't have much confidence there based off the name.

I don't have much confidence based on anything I've seen so far. Even the trailers where so cheaply made and cringy written.

well i wouldn't say terrible, importing shit is like a pretty big privilege so i don't really complain much

i would prefer going back to the older system in which i could just import 2 things a year and they get heavy taxes but at least i get them, but it's not like ppl are stealing my penicilin or whatever

Idk, I would be nothing without the ability to import stuff haha. I probably shop more stuff from outside the country than from the inside.

I really wouldn't call it a privilege but I guess that's a cultural difference.

Yeah, i mean, we have the estimates. According to Steamspy, it did around 46k. Which seems pretty well for a old game and subpar port of a niche series.

Who knows, though.

I guess they'll be porting more Disgaea games. It just takes time. They're porting Htol#Niq, Criminal Girls and Phantom Brave too. Keep also in mind that these numbers are good for these niche publishers, especially considering they're still, and will be still making bucks on old releases. Disgaea is a 13 years old game. So for now, they made more than 500.000 dollars of revenue for a 13 years old port. And I bet it'll keep selling in the long run. It's the kind of games people might keep buying because it's a famous name or is a good quality game. People keep saying the same for Trails in the Sky SC, but during the last sale, FC sold 15 to 20k more units, that's more than SC sales at release. What it means is these are games people will buy in the long run.

kagamin

TF2 modded game modes were my jam for years. Too bad the community I was in is now dead aside from one server for legacy purposes that no one is ever on.

Lain

No more Overwatch talk... it's making me want to actually get it.

Never thought I'd be interested in a shooter again, but here we are.

It's over. Watch, it's not like they do it on purpose, it's just that since the beta ended, they just can't get over it and keep watching videos and streams. I just got to watch some anime instead. Nothing beats a good ova watch sessions.

kagamin

I'm automatically disappointed with Overwatch if I can't play wacky game modifications (very likely), not that I'm buying any games right now anyways.

Monooboe

Damn all the Overwatch hype is getting to me, would love to play but I just got rid of my regular internet and just use my phone, which is five times the speed of what I used to have but the ping is shit. Maybe I'll still play and just pretend it's like the good old days with dial-up.

Blitzhex

Well, doom is $45 on gmg with doom25 code. Bought it, hope the singleplayer is new wolfenstein good because the multiplayer was absolutely shite.
Any review leaks or anything yet? I know some people got the physical console version early and some places don't care about street dates.

Saty

Anyone has the embed link for Giant Bomb's Mario Party Party 6? Don't wanna browse the GB thread and risk spoilers!

Monooboe

The AC movie seems much better than I hoped for, surprised how much it actually felt like AC.(well except for the total lack of humor). Day one for sure for me.

Arthea

so why exactly there have been do deals for NMS PC but there were several for NMS PS4 and who I have to thank for this?

Rafy

Who is responsible for the Doom OT in the end? G-Fex who's listed in the OT thread wants nothing to do with it.

Corpekata

Banned
no, all those deals were for digital NMS version, but not for PC one

No they weren't. Dell is not in the PSN code business.

Their entire shtick is preorder practically any game, get a gift card. All the deals for it are what those retailers offer on nearly everything.

Who is responsible for the Doom OT in the end? G-Fex who's listed in the OT thread wants nothing to do with it.
No idea, but I'll give you a template if you want it:

DOOM |OT| MOOD
Doom is a game where you shoot things or die. You can buy it on on any next-gen console or PC. Snapmap.
header.jpg

Official discussion thread.

Good luck!

No one even wanted to make an OT for Doom. It's doooomed..

But anyway, is it even allowed? If you're listed on the OT thread, then that's your responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom