• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Too bad X and X-2 don't get separate listings.

Inevitably I'm going to review the games, and +/-1200 words isn't enough to cover two fairly lengthy RPGs.

X - Tidus sucks, and that ball game is stupid. Rest is alright
X2 - Waifu simulator 2003 is alright

I hated the X series, especially coming off IX. The linearity, the lameass characters, flash over substance.... Even the temptation to retry X-2 has me completely wary of a purchase.

I'll probably just play VII again or Tactics rather than bite due to curiosity.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gonna see what GMG has to offer for Final Fantasy X. Usually their 20% off code stacks with the launch discount, and in this case that would make it $19.20.

Salsa

Was planning to start this but I decided to start my replay of Virtue's Last Reward because I just completed 999.

I mean its a replayable puzzle game so its not like youd get lost If you play it alongside something else

its very just pick up and play for a bit, perfect handheld gamr

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
WATCH25 voucher works on FFX/X2 on GMG

25% is better than 20% :)

Lain

15,99€ on GMG isn't half bad.

Oh, there was a 25% voucher too? Damn, I could have shaved off another 1€.

LFG

Neophyte
Gonna see what GMG has to offer for Final Fantasy X. Usually their 20% off code stacks with the launch discount, and in this case that would make it $19.20.

how do you make that work? sorry if nub question, still new to steam and buying digital games >>

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sweet, with the WATCH25 coupon on GMG, it's $17.99. Very nice.

mp1990

Banned
Ehhh, FFX-X2 is a bit pricey in my region, but I might grab it for the sake of convenience
(as in: I'm too lazy to turn my PS3 on and go play it there, so I rather spend money on a game I already own)
. I'm pretty sure I'll end up regretting this decision though, considering we're (presumably) so close to the next Summer Sale.

I'm in the US...

at GMG X/X-2 comes up as 20% Off automatically in the cart so it starts off at $19.19...using the WATCH25 voucher makes it $14.39

jshackles

I'm in the US...

at GMG X/X-2 comes up as 20% Off automatically in the cart so it starts off at $19.19...using the WATCH25 voucher makes it $14.39

Just did the same and when I added it to my cart it was $23.99. Congrats on saving a couple bucks though!

EDIT: Yep, wish I would have waited a few minutes now.

9a3o1tc.png

Gotta be a price mistake

Rhaknar

lol wait now GMG shows the game 15.99€ before any voucher, apparently their bse price is 19.99€? glad I waited

made my purchase with no issues...the page is working for me still too

has to be a price error...they took the 20% off the launch price of $23.99 instead of taking it off the base price of $29.99

not complaining though

jshackles

That GMG price is definitely a mistake. They doubled up on the 20% launch discount, so the store page shows $19.19 now before coupon. Get it while you can folks, that is more than 50% off on day one.

Lain

lol wait now GMG shows the game 15.99€ before any voucher, apparently their bse price is 19.99€? glad I waited

I'd go with a mistake. Price is still 19,99€ on Steam with the 20% off.
Rubs me somewhat wrong though, with the voucher it's now 11,99 on GMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom