• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I'd go with a mistake. Price is still 19,99€ on Steam with the 20% off.
Rubs me somewhat wrong though, with the voucher it's now 11,99 on GMG.

price was already around $19 in my region so I didn't wait for GMG

didn't think they'd be so slow with the pricing error, usually they're quick

I hate my life now

and bought, an amazing price at gmg

fake edit: oh wait, it is a price mistake?
are we sure?

It's supposed to be £20 with 20% off discount making it £16 and a 20% voucher taking it to £12.79 but I think people are seeing it at £12.79 (in their currency) before the voucher.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GMG fixed it btw

its 19.99€ down from 24.99€ base price. Still decent but yeah, sucks if you missed it

Arthea

I'd go with a mistake. Price is still 19,99€ on Steam with the 20% off.
Rubs me somewhat wrong though, with the voucher it's now 11,99 on GMG.

not for me it wasn't, 15.00€ - gmg (just bought), 19,99€ - steam

edited: and I mean it 15€ for those two huge games is an amazing price, I paid much more even for PS3 versions, not to mention PS2 ones

Parsnip

Ah, I guess I could still refund on steam and grab the GMG discount+voucher price, but eh. I'm already halfway done installing it, too lazy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
snatched FFX/X2 for 11.99€ this wasnt a bad day

Phinor

Chrono.gg has Cook, Serve, Delicious! for $1.50.

Is it a reliable site? I've only ever bought games from Steam and Humble Bundle.

It's reliable. Relatively new site too, one deal a day. I've been watching them daily because they sometimes have actually great deals (as in deals others haven't matched yet, most deals these days are the same for every store).

Anteater

tight on money these days so not gonna buy another game

unless Capcom drops okami on steam out of nowhere

or SE with Nier

or FFXII

GaussTek

This is going to take a while:

yZiK5N5.png

Dem HD Tidus.

Rhaknar

Peter Moore ‏@petermooreEA 53m53 minutes ago
Peter Moore Retweeted Russian Embassy, UK
On behalf of our Command and Conquer team, I'm demanding royalties for this photo of "extremists..."

Lain

not for me it wasn't, 15.00€ - gmg (just bought), 19,99€ - steam

edited: and I mean it 15€ for those two huge games is an amazing price, I paid much more even for PS3 versions, not to mention PS2 ones

I'm not sure I follow. I got it for 15,99€ with the 20% off voucher when the price was correct (19,99€ with launch discount), which is indeed a nice price, but 11,99€ during the brief mistake with the 25% off voucher would have been better.

Arthea

Is GMG slow for anyone else?

US folks getting on that price mistake, perhaps?
it's fine for me

I'm not sure I follow. I got it for 15,99€ with the 20% off voucher when the price was correct (19,99€ with launch discount), which is indeed a nice price, but 11,99€ during the brief mistake with the 25% off voucher would have been better.

price mistake never happened for me, 15€ is price I paid for it, meaning after applying that voucher.

edited: wait! yeah 25% voucher worked for me. You mean it doesn't anymore?

Saty

Peter Moore ‏@petermooreEA 53m53 minutes ago
Peter Moore Retweeted Russian Embassy, UK
On behalf of our Command and Conquer team, I'm demanding royalties for this photo of "extremists..."

What C&C team. There is none.

Honestly, maybe EA should make a crossover RTS with BF. Command & Conquer: Battlefield.

Tizoc

Hmm I apploied the 25% code which means I should've gotten it for USD 18, but how can I confirm that in my GMG account? As in where do I go to see my latest transactions?

Parsnip

Text is tied to audio language though :\ Potentially fixable in a patch, but it doesn't look like they have any intention to change it.

edit: Whoops didn't realize you were just talking about file size

Indeed, just about filesize.
Though I personally don't care about the Japanese dub, I completely expect someone to figure out a way to mod japanese dub with english subs.

And HD Lulu cleavage.
So that's where all the gigabytes went.

rtcn63

I went through my program files folder and cleared out a bunch of stuff. L4D2 files, Payday 2 beta, etc. Still haven't got all of it, but so far I've freed up 30GB.

Anyways- make sure to learn the Jecht shot or whatever. I remember that shit being OP as fuck, at least in blitzball. Made the sport trivial.

Rhaknar

welp those sure are underwhelming weekend deals

Meh, X/X-2 is already a top seller. I'm disappointed.

Man I've been waiting since I discovered ZSNES for jrpgs to come to PC, I'm so psyched every time one lands on Steam with a big splash.
Persona 5, Atlus plz

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but has anyone had problems using a steam controller with visual novels? The BPM overlay is either totally unresponsive or has trouble staying on top for every VN I try. Works fine in other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom