• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

So I clicked "View homepage" from your gafname... do you own the entire steam library? My library's in the 4 digits, but now I feel like a baby steam user after seeing 7k.

Not the entire library. But a lot of it. A lot of it.

E: There's like, what, just shy of 9k titles on there? Games alone. Not DLC or any software, etc.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I clicked "View homepage" from your gafname... do you own the entire steam library? My library's in the 4 digits, but now I feel like a baby steam user after seeing 7k.

I wish! I actually more or less stopped collecting six or seven weeks ago.

E: There's like, what, just shy of 9k titles on there? Games alone. Not DLC or any software, etc.

Somewhere between 8K-8.5K if you exclude software, I'd say. Filtering a blank search result to show only games somewhat mistakenly includes DLC items whose packages also contain the base game (e.g. several Train Sim DLC packages).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
X/X2 download halfway done, will report on port soon enough ;_;

JaseC

More or less stopped for you is still acquiring more games than everybody here though! Still a regular frequenter of my Activity page.

It probably just seems that way since the heading attached to purchase activity posts doesn't distinguish between different app types and just says "x now owns y more games" regardless of what's actually there. I've undoubtedly bought more DLC than games in the past ~couple of months.

Wow, I didn't realize it grew so much! I stopped tracking it much after greenlight opened the floodgates, last time I checked it was still at ~6k.

I wish! I actually more or less stopped collecting six or seven weeks ago.

Were you collecting for the sake of collecting, or just buying anything you might be slightly interested in anytime it went on sale? I mainly do the latter, but I'm running into the problem where it's hard to find stuff I want to play that I don't already own.

JaseC

Were you collecting for the sake of collecting, or just buying anything you might be slightly interested in anytime it went on sale? I mainly do the latter, but I'm running into the problem where it's hard to find stuff I want to play that I don't already own.

The latter to begin with, which snowballed into the former.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think 3k games was the "wtf am I doing?" break point for most of us around here

These are filthy GMG keys. They actually gave me a key and download link so if you win and it wigs out let me know.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-CD8C9CF37C03CD58 - Taken by neonglow. 88 entrants total.

t1463159514z1.png

I consider this a quality-poster-assurance-check giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for uncredited male:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-5A5485C8DC8D7BEE Trivia Question: two words in format a b?

I tried to make the format Vazra proof.

a - hottest male FF char
b - their best physical feature

EDIT - No pictures blame ModBot.

These are filthy GMG keys. They actually gave me a key and download link so if you win and it wigs out let me know.

I consider this a quality-poster-assurance-check giveaway.

I tried to make the format Vazra proof.

a - hottest male FF char
b - their best physical feature

EDIT - No pictures blame ModBot.
Well, thank you kindly. No clue about the answers in the second one but I'm in at the first. Could become a nice entry into the Final Fantasy franchise.

rtcn63

I played FFX/X2 on release. FFX was alright, FFX-2 was super fanservice-y and I just got bored after an hour or so. 1000 words is a totally legit track tho.

Arthea

Final Fantasy X/X-2 [OT] Dodging Lightning

seriously, never again! I did it two times, it was enough for this lifetime
Lightning wins, I guess

I played FFX/X2 on release. FFX was alright, FFX-2 was super fanservice-y and I just got bored after an hour or so. 1000 words is a totally legit track tho.

no, just no, I can't let it slide
FFX-2 is great and light on fanservice

rtcn63

I may not have given FFX-2 a proper chance. It was different than FFX progression-wise, and maybe I was just too young then to understand the concept of cosplay waifus.

Jazz573

So Operationrainfall has a two part interview with MG, and it looks interesting. I can't link here since it's NSFW. Well, the first part is, so it's probably okay to link that one. But the second part is NSFW so you'll have to find it on your own. But that second part has a lot about Kindred Spirits, so be sure to read that.

Part 1

Arthea

I may not have given FFX-2 a proper chance. It was different than FFX progression-wise, and maybe I was just too young then to understand the concept of cosplay waifus.

I'm glad that you got wiser over the years.

but seriously, it's a great game with amazing combat and lighter tone, also only mission based FF, where you can play in very short sessions for most of the time if you wish so. And have I mentioned already that's really fun and even goofy at times?

Arthea

what are the things not just called Final Fantasy X and X2?

Eternal Calm is sorta movie, don't watch it until you finish FFX
and Last Mission is a roguelike game, better best left after you finish FFX-2

TBH the main reason I am doing this is to badger Stump for the most popular entries afterwards.

I will not judge you of course.

The best part of having these on Steam is the ability to mod out Yuna.

bloody hell steamgaf is obnoxious today
I guess that's what FFX does to people

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
TBH the main reason I am doing this is to badger Stump for the most popular entries afterwards.

I will not judge you of course.

The best part of having these on Steam is the ability to mod out Yuna.

It's fine Im not gonna enter it since my participation seems unwanted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for Mods I want a Meg Ryan Mod for Tidus. There will be plenty of time for that to happen since I may get the game really late in the year.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KEEBLES -- MB-1D0D2F60DFEADEE2 - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.
AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage -- MB-EF59223FED8A1194 - Taken by Lashley. 4 entrants total.

t1463079491z1.png

Believe in the community. I will settle for a full retexture, VO swap, and dialog rewrite. Replace her with Neko-Lightning and it is still a win.

It's fine Im not gonna enter it since my participation seems unwanted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for Mods I want a Meg Ryan Mod for Tidus. There will be plenty of time for that to happen since I may get the game really late in the year.

You screwed up a couple trivia entries a while back. That is all I was referencing. If you don't enter I will consider myself a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom