• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
621939908_preview_20160212_00004_thumb.jpg

SteamGAF waiting for the summer sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FFX seems locked at 30, probably expected from a PS2 remaster I guess?

Anyone figured out how to change the voices to japanese?

zkylon

zkylewd
I prefer Persona 3 tbh
i prefer both!

Idk, I would be nothing without the ability to import stuff haha. I probably shop more stuff from outside the country than from the inside.

I really wouldn't call it a privilege but I guess that's a cultural difference.
well depends on ur access to stuff. like, the things i'd import (plushies, nendos, old games and other poor decisions) are like luxury items

like, my life can function perfectly without these things

if i just couldn't buy games overall then i'd say my life would be quite shitty but that's not the case, thankfully i can just hop into steam or nuuvem or gmg or whatever and buy whatever i want. if that wasn't the case i would just pirate stuff and my life wouldn't be much worse for it.

and i'm fortunate enough to have a bunch of cool friends that bring me stuff whenever they travel so i still get my league plushies and stuff

you'll see no complaints for me, i'm more worried about health care being expensive as shit than imports lol

SteamGAF waiting for the summer sale.
man i should've finished my mod

i wish firaxis had made actual guides instead of whatever two minute crap they threw in there lol

like i modeled and textured it and everything

Khilandros

The game is not dual audio, Japan gets the Japanese audio and the rest of the world gets English audio. Have to wait for someone to mod it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The game is not dual audio, Japan gets the Japanese audio, the rest of the world gets English audio. Have to wait for someone to mod it.

thats not what the store page says

edit: oh wait you can have japanese audio but you have to have japanese text aswell? lol fuck. Welp, I would be asking for a refund if I hadnt gotten it cheap and from GMG, it was one of the reasons I even wanted it

Yeah, PS4 version was capped at 30FPS too. The audio is tied to the in game text, so you can't switch to Japanese voices without switching the entire game to Japanese.

Rhaknar

guess Ill wait for a mod then, thanks peeps

I've recently been playing the Doom games on Steam (because reasons) but are we able to use mods/wads with this version or would I need vanilla Doom? Oh and I mean the original as bundled with Doom 3: BFG Edition.

Believe in the community. I will settle for a full retexture, VO swap, and dialog rewrite. Replace her with Neko-Lightning and it is still a win.

But we can have Yuna Lightning replace Yuna and then Neko Lightning can be Tidus. There should be enough Lighting models for her to be able to replace every character in the game.

Ludens

Banned
Bet open for FFXII HD+FFVIIR bundle, 70€, will be announced during the E3, PS4 Only for one year or so and later a PC port.

Amzin

FF9, FFX, Legend of Dragoon (or something like that), and Dragon Quest VIII are the only reasons I still have my PS2, in the theory that I will some day eventually play those. It is rapidly coming to a point where I could finally sell/give away that PS2 and the remnants of my discs for good and go full PC!

Tizoc

Everybody go wishlist Kathy Rain now or buy it if you're in the mood for a simple PnC, it's puzzles are easy but the story and dialog is very good. The protagonist reminds me of Ben from Full Throttle somewhat, I guess it's due to the bike she rides XP
But nah seriously, get this game guys and gals

Everybody go wishlist Kathy Rain now or buy it if you're in the mood for a simple PnC, it's puzzles are easy but the story and dialog is very good. The protagonist reminds me of Ben from Full Throttle somewhat, I guess it's due to the bike she rides XP

The font is really hard on the eyes though...

Rhaknar

hate when nothing "clicks". I have a overwatch shaped hole in my life and nothing will fill it. Salt and Sanctuary is only the 17th (in theory, maybe later), I thought FFX would do it but I also thought it was dual audio >_>

Renowned Explorers is great, tried a bit of a Boy and his Blob and it seems lovely, and the 09 Wolfenstein seemed cool aswell, oh and GalakZ... but yeah, nothing im dying to boot up again

Fuck

new groupees bundle btw, and BeMine preorder still isnt live (the bundle I mean, not the preorder)

Added, may pick it up when I get home. I love detective point and click adventures.

kagamin

its unfinished but glad its easy to do. lol at SE's "technical difficulties" reason for not including it

I think they didn't want to include in that kind of state because the JP and EN versions have different lip sync and the EN version has more/longer dialog in spots, it might not bother some but it would bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom