• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Don't hang with Prinny for safety reasons Soulflarz

There is only one Prinny you would hang with.

latest

Can anyone help me find a game on Steam? I saw the store page a few days ago, but I can't find it now. It was a multiplayer horror game, 4 survivors vs 1 killer, might have been early access, and the killer looked like Jason from Friday the 13th. I don't think it was the new Friday the 13th game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Can anyone help me find a game on Steam? I saw the store page a few days ago, but I can't find it now. It was a multiplayer horror game, 4 survivors vs 1 killer, might have been early access, and the killer looked like Jason from Friday the 13th. I don't think it was the new Friday the 13th game.

Dead by Daylight

It releases on June 14th, and right now has pre-order stuff attached. 5-pack available with 10% off, and 20% off if you own Payday 2 I think.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ban Puncher, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ban Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code -- MB-59BAFB92E5F2EF13 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 50 entrants total.

t1462172921z1.png

comes out of Early Access on May 5. has good reviews.. it's a first person puzzle game about programming, you go around and mess w/ logic gates and other things to progress..

I played a little of it in Alpha, but have been waiting for the full release.. It was in a couple of bundles, maybe you own it.

I'm real curious how this will turn out. The story mode in the Early Access version was pretty enjoyable if basic, and tuned out just as soon as things started getting a little more complicated.

Then you go to the sandbox mode and it's overwhelming - there's like 10x as many possible things to do. Wonder what the happy medium will be.

Ban Puncher

Conglaturatio n Chairmanchuck.

9ZpkiSP.gif

The giveaway was restricted to people who had given away games themselves, no lurkers and had the community blacklist enabled and it still got 50 entries?

SteamGAF loves anime - CONFIRMED

pjxtneJ.gif

Ludens

Banned
So, this week (on Sunday, precisely) I will have another year on my back. I usually don't celebrate at all (in fact, I hate that day, even because I'm passing very crappy times from a while), but since it's a tradition here and since I did it the last year too, take some free games.
I can't give away new releases, but I think there's a very good selection here, and some games I loved like Giana Sisters Twisted Bundle and Dustforce DX (even if I suck on it).
I decided to host the giveaway now because on weekends GAF is pretty much dead, so at least more people will see the giveaway (24 hours raffle too for this reason).

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kraven Manor -- MB-70B116CD7D3E18DB - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 4 entrants total.
Moving Hazard -- MB-F92AB58F1E98E587 - Taken by Kuroyume. 7 entrants total.
Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-701A9D1B4C97FBD4 - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-ACA7B96F10B0D7B2 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Grimoire: Manastorm -- MB-7496A85554D81771 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle -- MB-07FABF4916493F34 - Taken by AsylumX. 13 entrants total.
Trinium Wars -- MB-5B9CBD438CE9EBC3 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
Iesebel -- MB-C1BB3A6C89DC3AAE - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-68D2E3FF18F509F3 - Taken by Lashley
Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-4E0BEA25CB848F22 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-783C7FB1DA9C8FD0 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 6 entrants total.
Sega Make War Not Love 3 Bundle (Gunstar Heroes, Renegade Ops, Viking : Battle for Asgard) -- MB-2A9DC99DD68C442E - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-EAA821FF6ED0DD79 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.
A Bird Story -- MB-480303A392E02706 - Taken by Gez. 8 entrants total.
Cult of the Wind -- MB-50731FAE6820370A - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
OutDrive -- MB-F7919B5C4634A9C3 - Taken by gurm3n. 8 entrants total.
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition -- MB-9C46526EA714C702 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 2 entrants total.

t1462260944z1.png

Someone pls buy my cards so I can finally buy this Witcher 3 expansion pass now.

It's just about 10 cents left. /otl

There's no way to buy direct cards off of someone, right? I just realized as I was trying to figure out which card you were selling as I occasionally put together badges but then I realized the market doesn't show you the sellers. Or maybe it can surface somewhere (other than after you buy it?).

Anyhow, I just wanted to point out that more people should add Pharaoh Rebirth+ onto their wishlists. Or just buy it. It's sort of like Order of Ecclesia in level structure with a more linear level progression but each level is a sprawling map like the Igavanias and there's required items you'll find that change your abilities and allow you to explore more so you can return to previous maps to find hidden goodies. And there's a load of hidden collectibles, maybe 60ish or something, and so far they've had perks tied to them like boosting offense and defense as well as finding a set of them actually allowed for a map in-game. Neato. Only real complaint is that while it plays totally fine and feels good the actual controller set-up is less than ideal and I couldn't get it to swap keys so I'm stuck with slightly awkward controls but I got used to it fairly quickly.

It's sold like poo according to the Steamspy stats so it's my current recommendation for people looking for something that's been ignored: http://store.steampowered.com/app/441280/

redlacs

if you are disappointed that so many titles are on sale buy you haven't made a single purchase, consider Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition
(just discovered its on sale and frankly have no idea why because its as anime as Magicka for example)

i put a lot of thought into what to write about it but it would always make me sound like their marketing department as i can't oversell it. so just check the store page instead, you will find everything there.

the only important thing i wanted to say about it is don't miss it just because you think it's not your genre.

if you are disappointed that so many titles are on sale buy you haven't made a single purchase, consider Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition
(just discovered its on sale and frankly have no idea why because its as anime as Magicka for example)

i gave a lot of thought into what to write about it but it would always make me sound like their marketing department as i can't oversell it. so just check the store page instead, you will find everything there.

the only important thing i wanted to say about it is don't miss it just because you think it's not your genre.

That looks right up my alley for some quick burst gaming between bigger stuff. I'll snag it for that price with no qualms. Thanks for the suggestion.

And yeah, anytime I want to suggest some game I do feel like I'm doing marketing. Which I suppose in a way I am? Just without any payment or acknowledgement, heh. I just like to see good smaller games get more attention.

Arthea

and Stardew Valley back into top 10 on the bestsellers list.
Also CS GO is back at the top (bellow DS3 in fact). Did something happen that I'm not aware of? No discount that I can see or anything.
BTW Zesty in still at the top too, third

Knurek

and Stardew Valley back into top 10 on the bestsellers list.
Also CS GO is back at the top (bellow DS3 in fact). Did something happen that I'm not aware of? No discount that I can see or anything.
BTW Zesty in still at the top too, third

We had a VAC wave recently, maybe all the cheaters are rebuying the game?

I was my birthday yesterday so I'm giving away three copies of Rocket League :D
ModBot said:
Instructions for The Red Wizard:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rocket League -- MB-1BF037E2A66E76CF - Taken by mp1990. 22 entrants total.
Rocket League #2 -- MB-E18F42A3F7D72B5F - Taken by Jadax. 15 entrants total.
Rocket League #3 -- MB-A2CDEB12C14903FF - Taken by texhnolyze. 17 entrants total.

t1462267845z1.png

So, this week (on Sunday, precisely) I will have another year on my back. I usually don't celebrate at all (in fact, I hate that day, even because I'm passing very crappy times from a while), but since it's a tradition here and since I did it the last year too, take some free games.
I can't give away new releases, but I think there's a very good selection here, and some games I loved like Giana Sisters Twisted Bundle and Dustforce DX (even if I suck on it).
I decided to host the giveaway now because on weekends GAF is pretty much dead, so at least more people will see the giveaway (24 hours raffle too for this reason).

I was my birthday yesterday so I'm giving away three copies of Rocket League :D

Nice giveaways, and happy birthday.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ermagerd 3 copies of rocket league and I'm still lurker status from my break. rip.

Happy birthday Ludens and Red Wizard~!

I prefer red mages though.

There's no way to buy direct cards off of someone, right? I just realized as I was trying to figure out which card you were selling as I occasionally put together badges but then I realized the market doesn't show you the sellers. Or maybe it can surface somewhere (other than after you buy it?).

It's done, someone bought them. :D

Thanks for the thought.

Arthea

am I reading this right? we bought Valkyria Chronicles en masse, it being an old game and all that, but we aren't getting remaster, while only PS4 is getting it.
How does that make any sense? Or is it not a real remaster and just rerelease on PS4?

http://i.imgur.com/VhwMyR5.gif[/IMG

Come on Bamco, Steam release when?[/QUOTE]

never?
What makes you think Bamco is ready to release everything on steam? They barely started with Tales. It's also not developed internally by Bamco, so there is that.

[quote="Hektor, post: 202418211"]It's pretty much just the pc version.[/QUOTE]

I had a suspicion that's the case

Hektor

am I reading this right? we bought Valkyria Chronicles en masse, it being an old game and all that, but we aren't getting remaster, while only PS4 is getting it.
How does that make any sense? Or is it not a real remaster and just rerelease on PS4?

It's pretty much just the pc version.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
VhwMyR5.gif

Come on Bamco, Steam release when?

Am I crazy, or did this get unconfirmed for PC at some point? I want to say there was a bunch of noise about a PC release shortly after the SteamDB leak, and then a tweet about it only being announced for the Vita or something.

Arthea

Am I crazy, or did this get unconfirmed for PC at some point? I want to say there was a bunch of noise about a PC release shortly after the SteamDB leak, and then a tweet about it only being announced for the Vita or something.

There was? I don't remember.

I totally missed that!
meaning it still can happen

edited: too many games, too little time

edit2: even better question: where is our Steins Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom