• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

I'm more interested in the Modern Warfare Remaster than Infinite Warfare. I hope they'll sell the remaster separately.

Just wait six months and they will. In the meantime, they want to take advantage of your need for MW by only selling it with Infinite Warfare.

Knurek

I... I really hope Nvidia isn't so stupid as to release Pascal cards that are a) 10% faster than Maxwell equivalent, b) 30% more expensive.

I mean, sure, they have the discrete GPU market pretty much all to themselves, but that can change faster than they expect.
Let's not have the repeat of Sony's PS3 hubris situation.

kagamin

I didn't know this was the first Steam game to officially feature a Vocaloid:
333980_20160430163914qfsbp.png

Phawx

I... I really hope Nvidia isn't so stupid as to release Pascal cards that are a) 10% faster than Maxwell equivalent, b) 30% more expensive.

I mean, sure, they have the discrete GPU market pretty much all to themselves, but that can change faster than they expect.
Let's not have the repeat of Sony's PS3 hubris situation.

I read somewhere to expect a Titan ZX or whatever for Pascal. Not that many people buy that for gaming, but it will give them fastest single card crown. AMD is also only going to have 10% faster than Fury. They aren't even using GDDR5x, just vanilla GDDR5 and an efficient memory controller.

AMD's Vega10 is 2017.

Edit: this is from me talking to AMD's Rob H

Edit edit: not the titan part natch. Just the AMD stuff.

Yeah there's nothing here that says it will forever only be tied to Infinite Warfare. They're being pretty vague about the future. Since if it was indeed planned they could easily go "Buying Inifnite Warfare is the only way you will be able to play this ever"

true...but it not being sold separately is all anyone can go off of right now

pretty sure that will change in the future but as of now you have to buy IW

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't think I've ever been excited about a Call of Duty game. I've only played a few (and even then, not for long) they just seemed like over-the-top exaggerations and/or modern military propaganda.

But I also don't play many multiplayer games, so maybe that's it.

Jawmuncher

true...but it not being sold separately is all anyone can go off of right now

pretty sure that will change in the future but as of now you have to buy IW

Im pretty sure they said the same thing about COD Classic back in the day. But yeah at the moment it makes sense. Didn't expect it to be stand alone right away anyway. With how much they were tying the two together right now.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Do I need to own Infinte to play MW:R though? Maybe its possible to get a code of MW:R on Ebay after launch

Yeah, even if they do sell the remastered version separately down the line, it won't cost a cent less than $30. Possibly even $40 because they know how revered the game is. And then it will proceed to never drop in price and people will flip their shit because Activision is selling a 10 year old game for so much.

I reckon if you want any semblance of value for money, look out for one of those $40-45 pre-order deals on small cd key sites like Funstock or Gamesplanet or just go straight to the grey market sellers who might go a bit cheaper.

If you really want to play only the remaster, there's no way you're getting it at any kind of reasonable price.

really hoping Forza Apex turns out well

or at least not entirely messed up

A friend told me that the game won't have any online functionality on PC. If that's true, then... yeah, another amazing first party port from MS.

Sylvio is a weeklong deal this week. Recommended by GAF's resident horror game expert Dusk Golem and RPS

$6.49/50% off
Not a game for everyone, it's very slow, but also quite chilling. You play as a soft-spoken foreign woman who goes to an abandoned amusement park and surrounding locations to exorcise the dead there and find out what happened there, a mystery that's surrounded the place for years. You do this by recording sounds in the environment, meddling with them with an audio player to form out messages, solving puzzles and taking out shadows as a story slowly unravels.

RPS' 21st best horror game of all time
The idea that electric voice phenomena – the voices of spirits captured in recordings – is a powerful one because the possibility of fragmented communication from beyond is both reassuring and terrifying. Reassuring to think that some semblance of the self still exists and might make the effort to leave messages for those left behind; terrifying to think that those messages might be warnings or threats, and that they are an ever-present part of the white noise and electronic waves that are the background to our lives.

Sylvio requires the player to gather recordings in an abandoned park, which is drowning in a creepy red mist that would make Silent Hill flinch. There’s a smart interface for manipulating the recordings on a reel-to-reel player, altering the direction and speed of playback, and there are puzzles to solve, some clunky and weirdly out of place, others sinister and satisfying. The game’s effectiveness comes from its willingness to resist shock, relying instead on a gradually increasing sense of dread that eventually becomes almost unbearable. In a game full of situations in which the player is straining to hear, how easy it would have been to startle them with a scream or a shout – instead, Sylvio relies on the power of its words and in doing so creates a quiet cocoon that, like EVP, is almost comforting until the penny drops.

JP2lY5A.jpg

derExperte

Sylvio is a weeklong deal this week. Recommended by GAF's resident horror game expert Dusk Golem and RPS

+

http://steamcommunity.com/games/362860/announcements/detail/896591243092184221

Sylvio Remastered is live!

2 May - niklasswanberg

Hey all! For the last six months I've rebuilt Sylvio in Unity 5. The graphics are now better, the GUI has been remade, the gameplay mechanic has been improved,and it now has full controller support for nearly all controllers on the market.

I am very excited about this major update, I hope you'll like it too.

If you find any bugs or strange behaviour, please mail your experiences to bugs@sylviogame.com along with your specs and the player log (if possible).

Now: A brief pause and then onwards to the development of Sylvio 2.
A thousand thanks for playing!

//Niklas

mp1990

Banned
New update hype

Key is valid only in Latin America.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crypt Of The Necrodancer -- MB-45A032EF329BD080 - Taken by hannes. 5 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Crypt Of The Necrodancer was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1462216546z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
got my overwatch beta, loves

finallyyy

freshVeggie;202438311You need 30 tongues though for the [URL="http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/equipmentgroup:man-grub-staff" said:
second Covenant reward[/URL] from Rosario's Fingers.
Vertebrae and Tongues are the easiest to farm since you can do it with a friend ala rinse&repeat since it's a guaranteed drop. It's time consuming though.
i only want the achievement rewards tho, i mean, i want everything, but i'm willing to grind up until the achievement

or not grind anything at all

i'm also leaning towards that

also what's do u mean you can do it with a friend?

Tellaerin

Made some progress in Dark Souls.

Finally took down the Gaping Dragon with the help of a couple of phantoms (this summoning thing is useful!), then went back to fight that Moonlight Butterfly that had been kicking my ass before. This time I went as a human, and found a summoning sign near the boss door that I didn't know was there the first time around. I was expecting this to be a tough fight - it went badly for me the first time - but the with the help of this witch, it was a cakewalk.

Thank you, Beatrice.

Now I'm in Blighttown. I'd like to know what kind of a sadist designed this place. Rickety walkways, fire-breathing dog... things, every other creature's poisonous, little bastards with blowguns that inflict toxin... ugh. Hope all this heavy emphasis on status effects is just a Blighttown thing and not the way the rest of the game's going to go from here on in.

zkylon

zkylewd

Finally took down the Gaping Dragon with the help of a couple of phantoms (this summoning thing is useful!), then went back to fight that Moonlight Butterfly that had been kicking my ass before. This time I went as a human, and found a summoning sign near the boss door that I didn't know was there the first time around. I was expecting this to be a tough fight - it went badly for me the first time - but the with the help of this witch, it was a cakewalk.

Thank you, Beatrice.

Now I'm in Blighttown. I'd like to know what kind of a sadist designed this place. Rickety walkways, fire-breathing dog... things, every other creature's poisonous, little bastards with blowguns that inflict toxin... ugh. Hope all this heavy emphasis on status effects is just a Blighttown thing and not the way the rest of the game's going to go from here on in.
poison stuff is mostly just blighttown. there's many other nightmarish places tho, just not status effect related

also i just love blighttown, it's such a torture to navigate, that tension that you're gonna fall any moment is awesome and i just love shantytown locations in souls games, 5-1 from demons is like my favorite place in the whole series, it's like a total nightmare lol

rtcn63

Blighttown sucks if you main pyro since the NPC that maxes out your flame is located there. Just having to go back again and again can trigger some nasty flashbacks, especially if you haven't picked up
the ring that lets you walk through water at normal speed.

Thank you, Beatrice.

1st time through Blighttown? Took my about 4-5 hours and countless deaths.

2nd time through? 30 minutes and 0 deaths. Just noped my way through.

Fuck that place.

Does Danganronpa 2 end?
Or is it an endless trip into deeper and deeper layers of despair?

Second half is so much better than the first. Last chapter is the definition of insanity.

Also, that Dark Souls post gave me some serious flashbacks lol, it's easy to forget that there are still Souls virgins among us.
Hang in there and say hello to O&S for me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I like how a bunch of people saying "Ugh, I want Modern Warfare Remastered but not Infinite Warfare, how could Activision screw this up?" are proving exactly why the decision to bundle them is not a screw-up. You thought you were out, and they're currently pulling you back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom