• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

dishonored was kind of boring

The game is as fun as the person playing it.
tumblr_lgrznmNWxI1qae6ufo1_500.gif

Good news, everyone: Civilization V's Community Patch Project (aka Vox Populi) mod is nearly complete with an expected full release in Summer 2016. It's a comprehensive, top-to-bottom reimagining of Civilization V, overhauling happiness, the civilizations themselves, victory conditions, and more, in an ambitious attempt to refine Civilization V's gameplay to its highest potential. The impressions from RPS sound very promising and were I not on the cusp of diving into Stellaris I'd be playing it in a heartbeat.

Find out more about the Community Patch Project over at its official forum on civfanatics.

Civilization 3, 4, and now 5 have had some really great mods. I can't wait for CPP to hit a full release.

Nice giveaways, and happy birthday.

Happy birthday Ludens and Red Wizard~!

Awesome giveaway! :D

Belated Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday Red Wizard.

Happy belated birthday!

Thank you, everyone! :D

Still need to finish the first one.

Is the DLC good? I got the GOTY Edition, but haven't see anything about them.

I've heard that they're great and pretty much like a whole new game. I loved the base game and really need to get to the DLC.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The Red Wizard, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocket League -- MB-1BF037E2A66E76CF - Taken by mp1990. 22 entrants total.
Rocket League #2 -- MB-E18F42A3F7D72B5F - Taken by Jadax. 15 entrants total.
Rocket League #3 -- MB-A2CDEB12C14903FF - Taken by texhnolyze. 17 entrants total.

t1462267845z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
biggest issue with dishonored is that the story was super flat

if they did a bit more character work and just a general better story with more twists and turns and surprises that'd be perfect

the game also was a bit repetitive, specially since you didn't quite get to do many spell combinations unless you were just being loud and murderous for funsies

which btw non-lethal was totally boring and lame

so i guess there's a few problems, but the game was great, and the reveal trailer really gave me thief crazy mansion vibes so i'm really into it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tengami -- MB-A82C4E7A155C8517 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 5 entrants total.
Among The Sleep -- MB-2D01C6AC2827CFB4 - Taken by Costa1774. 7 entrants total.

t1462225666z1.png

as a sidenote, had a ton of fun with the couple of hours I put into Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition today. I liked vanilla back when it released but it never really clicked with me like the first did, perhaps because I was expecting too much of a direct sequel, but years later, and playing it just as the action adventure that it is (a genre which still isnt really abundant) I had a blast.

What are your thoughts about the new COD? Will the spaceships part be completely open sandbox like No Man's Sky where you jump from land to outerspace at any time or scripted events and chapters?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
didnt someone say the Ori deal was permanent to owners of vanilla? the store page says it ends on may 27th :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
As a City fan, you can't help but hand it to Leicester, such an incredible story. Shame they couldn't have won at home after a match instead of through Spurs losing though.

Corpekata

Banned
What are your thoughts about the new COD? Will the spaceships part be completely open sandbox like No Man's Sky where you jump from land to outerspace at any time or scripted events and chapters?

Of course they're not going to be near the level of No Man's Sky.

ArjanN

biggest issue with dishonored is that the story was super flat

if they did a bit more character work and just a general better story with more twists and turns and surprises that'd be perfect

the game also was a bit repetitive, specially since you didn't quite get to do many spell combinations unless you were just being loud and murderous for funsies

which btw non-lethal was totally boring and lame

so i guess there's a few problems, but the game was great, and the reveal trailer really gave me thief crazy mansion vibes so i'm really into it

So basically exactly what they did in the Dishonored DLC. :p

MUnited83

For you.
Imagine being the Leicester fan that bet on Leicester at the beggining of the season, handing a fiver while saying "ah yeah, never gonna happen!"

Of course they're not going to be near the level of No Man's Sky.

OFC, but I wanted to know if it is possible to jump from land to outerspace using the spaceship like in the trailer even it is limited and story driven. I don' expect the number of planets of No Man's Sky.

Rhaknar

Imagine being the Leicester fan that bet on Leicester at the beggining of the season, handing a fiver while saying "ah yeah, never gonna happen!"

they just said on tv here that Tom Hanks (lol?) put 100 quid and now is set to win 500k or something (not that he needs it). No idea if its true

zkylon

zkylewd
So basically exactly what they did in the Dishonored DLC. :p
i didn't get to the dlc cos i was a bit burned out by then (and they also never properly discount the brigmore witches)

i should, maybe

i actually started the one you play as the bad guy assassin dude but it didn't hook me right away

WildStar 1.5.1 lauching 05/04 - includes new tutorial, another cash shop, new "zone"

tl;dr:
- new solo story "zone" using arcterra and eldan assets for capped players
- new tutorial that may (not confirmed) require either buying a skip from the cash shop or doing it every time on a new character
- new cash shop for subscribers only, gives 1 free random "lockbox" with an item in it a week as well
- lifted the "adventure journal" from wow with recommended content, etc in it

Rhaknar

WildStar 1.5.1 lauching 05/04 - includes new tutorial, another cash shop, new "zone"

tl;dr:
- new tutorial that may (not confirmed) require either buying a skip from the cash shop or doing it every time on a new character
- new cash shop for subscribers only, gives 1 free random "lockbox" with an item in it a week as well

giphy-185.gif

As a City fan, you can't help but hand it to Leicester, such an incredible story. Shame they couldn't have won at home after a match instead of through Spurs losing though.

Agreed. However, I'm glad they only tied yesterday. Would've put the cherry on top of the shit cake LVG has created this year.

tl;dr:

Good luck with that, cupcakes.

You know your game is in trouble when you have to advertise that you've made it more similar to WoW.

Tellaerin

At this point it has to qualify as the longest, slowest death of any MMO right?

Wish NCSoft would just go ahead and release the server code when these games die so that people could run private servers without all the painful reverse engineering. It's not like they ever do anything with the damn IPs after they let the games die on the vine (or prematurely euthanize them, as the case may be.)

Lain

Someone might want them. Maybe.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tengami -- MB-8C6F8119FE3F4F77 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.
A Wizard's Lizard -- MB-95A6D0098C1E097D - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Among the Sleep -- MB-D1A6EAF70B57640D - Taken by fspm. 14 entrants total.

t1462231066z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom