• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squarecells is so satisfying to play. I feel like a genius each time a solve a puzzle without errors. I think it will probably take me around 3-4 hours to complete as the puzzles are becoming increasingly difficult (I'm at 41% after 1 hour). It's an absolute steal for 1.49€.

Jawmuncher

xcom2viperpng-dec42c_1670w.png

I will submit to the aliens if it means saving the world

Arthea

In a few years this will be ban worthy. People need to get over their Alienism. We have to co-exist with them.

robots first, aliens later
sites don't ask you to confirm that you are not an alien, aliens are free to do what they want and go anywhere, while robots are discriminated left and right and don't even have any decent protag in any game. How unfair is that?

don't say portal pls

Ozium

This post is dedicated to: Leafhopper

You may have got this in a bundle, but instead of just idling it, you should give it a try. (Did you know you can get cards by playing games too??) It is a narrative driven adventure game but without adventure, more like a telltale game or a VN. The setting is a stage production of a crime story in the swamplands of Florida. The characters kind of walk from one set to another, the way it is presented is cool.

I've only played the first act but it seems pretty cool, there is mystery and a scientology like cult, and m u r d e r. As well as shady land deals and other staples of noir. The choices you make affect the game almost immediately, although not sure if it has any overall ramifications on the plot.. you play as 3 characters, one of them is a blogger, the other a respected journalist and the last is a detective. You make choices as each character and it affects the world around you and other character interactions.. For instance the blogger goes around and finds pieces of information, and then you can blog about it by selecting a point and then you have the option in how you want to present the article (cautiously, inflammatory, etc.) if you publish certain things that are negative towards a certain person or group, then they won't deal with you later..

it's neat

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Would you say you were... knee deep in the narrative?

Lain

The graphics look oddly charming while the premise is silly:
“I’m sick of these stories where the good guy always wins,” said the little girl as she drew her sword. Throughout this top-down adventure game, you take on the role of the littlest henchling. Work your way through the land of Iniquia so that you can be the biggest and baddest of them all! Fight the guardians of good as you battle your way through the forest to find your idol, General Bargorg. You may even stumble upon some creatures that were believed to only exist in legends. Do you think you have what it takes to Become a Henchling?
Well, it got my vote.

To Become a Henchling

I like the idea behind this one (kill stuff to possess them and make them do stuff to solve problems and progress through levels) and the animations didn't feel too stiff to me despite the style, so this too got my vote.
Trials of Azra
146FADFE5D2B536CB5C42A81EE47DD49092684BD

I'm not sure what this game is, really. But it looks creepy with that artstyle in all the right ways.
Don't Kill Her
D6F6E3FD416215D016E7865224590EBDC8D4F9C5

Aside from the obvious pandering and the bad English in the trailer, I feel like there might be something fun in there.
恶魔迷宫

Good news, everyone: Civilization V's Community Patch Project (aka Vox Populi) mod is nearly complete with an expected full release in Summer 2016. It's a comprehensive, top-to-bottom reimagining of Civilization V, overhauling happiness, the civilizations themselves, victory conditions, and more, in an ambitious attempt to refine Civilization V's gameplay to its highest potential. The impressions from RPS sound very promising and were I not on the cusp of diving into Stellaris I'd be playing it in a heartbeat.

Find out more about the Community Patch Project over at its official forum on civfanatics.

Civilization 3, 4, and now 5 have had some really great mods. I can't wait for CPP to hit a full release.

Oh wow, thanks for posting this. I played Civ V a while back and meant to come around to it again. Think I will once this comes out, I'll just need to pick up some DLC it looks like, probably will do that during the summer sale.

Mikurden

robots first, aliens later
sites don't ask you to confirm that you are not an alien, aliens are free to do what they want and go anywhere, while robots are discriminated left and right and don't even have any decent protag in any game. How unfair is that?
Hey -- MegaMan
(also the best classic sprite)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Expected after the others did aswell no?

Rhaknar

Youre used to games with no gameplay OR narrative someguy, so this is an upgrade for you

This 5,000 star galaxy just makes me even more hyped for Stellaris. Just the sense of scale is crazy.
It's beautiful. Can't wait to do a max civ max size game where I lose terribly in the first 100 turns or something... Just hope it runs as well as other GS games.

Any idea what galaxy type it is? I'm never good at deciding which one I like...

Volcynika

Interesting blog entry about the Corpse Party PC development

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/143762369655/corpse-party-pc-programming-blog

Also coming to Linux in the future!

The biggest thing that’s come from this, however, is raw compatibility and support. This release of Corpse Party should run on just about any system or setup, supporting a wide variety of displays, controllers, graphics cards, and other hardware. We’re also able to look into bugs far faster and easier than we might have been able to with the HSP version. But of course, the biggest benefit of all is one that hasn’t yet seen the light, although it’s actively in progress and will happen sometime in the near future: the game will have a Linux port, and be able to run in SteamOS. Functionally, the Linux version of Corpse Party will be 100% identical to the Windows version, but you’ll be able to play it on a wider variety of systems, including Steam Machines!

Lain

Besiege with boats?
The Last Leviathan
0DC354FFA4680E79CA9578BB0B0F0AE714495E22

Funny name and... it doesn't seem too bad for an otome visual novel. There's a demo too on the GL page.
The Multidimensional Underwear Drawer

Interesting 3D RPG game building tool.
Smile Game Builder

For hidden object fans, like RhakRhak?
Hope Lake
The Hope Lake Boarding School was abandoned long ago, when one of its teachers drowned by accident. Many years later, all of the female students began to disappear, one by one. Visit the place where it all began. Try to pick up the maniac's trail and put a stop to his crime spree.

Game Features:
- 48 locations
- 8 hidden object scenes and 26 unique minigames
- an interactive map
- a flashlight, an essential item for every detective
- 6 hours of gameplay, which is comparable to the duration of the Collector's Edition

Never enough Kart Racing games. The name lacks omph though.
The Karters

Parsnip

Does the "recently played with" thing on Steam work with Dark Souls 3 (or any game for that matter)? Mine's empty, and I just ran through some Aldrich Faithful people. Or does it only work with friendly broing?

7WJ0R76.jpg

Much like a Verizon Union employee, these might not work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey to the center of the earth -- MB-F6E22A0E555C5074 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
krog wars -- MB-704749CABD887D51 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Medieval Mercs -- MB-A3E744BC4956BAD7 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Magicka: Wizard Wars -- MB-1CEA8CBDAB86287A - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Deadbreed -- MB-FEF50CC2965FA31C - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-43363BC289AEDDB4 - Taken by lazerfox. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Moebius -- MB-293B7F9E611D6E50 - Taken by Mikurden. 6 entrants total.
unknown battle -- MB-29FDFCAF1BE04FCD - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row IV Thank You Pack -- MB-5443ED3737DDB899 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Big Space Mess -- MB-DE76FEBDB32C6048 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row IV Reverse Cosplay Pack -- MB-1A58FBED3CBF49A7 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Journey to the center of the earth was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Deadbreed was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1462252366z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom