• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Gimme the cash and I'll get one ;)

Korean 4k monitors are cheap and lots of them come with FreeSync (if you use AMD that is, hopefully Nvidia supports Adaptive Sync in the future)

nice Jedi Scout fighter you got there

The new Lego stuff is actually a joy to put together. They got pretty fancy with joining pieces and they break up the build into parts with labeled bags.

Hadn't touched Lego for a long time before this build.

Salsa

always used Pro Dark

now I use it on top of regular Dark

also dont know how much unofficial theme talk is allowed here. got a thread locked by evilore once

iosefe

Korean 4k monitors are cheap and lots of them come with FreeSync (if you use AMD that is, hopefully Nvidia supports Adaptive Sync in the future)

The new Lego stuff is actually a joy to put together. They got pretty fancy with joining pieces and they break up the build into parts with labeled bags.

you might enjoy some of the Creator 3-in-1 sets around. some new ones will be release on sunday as well

MUnited83

For you.
6595q.gif

I can't believe some of y'all don't use the Pro Dark theme. Destroys the regular dark theme and is much easier on the eyes.

Regular

VS.

Pro Dark
That hurts my eyes a bit but if it works for people, great.
That does look very nice. But my heart is gone to 21:9. Plan to get one sometime down the line.
I don't have a desk at home, but here's an old pic of my desk at work.
That's a lot of desks and monitors. What is your job if you don't mind?

They are not that cheap here in argentina, sadly :(

I don't have a card capable of playing games at 4k with good framerates anyway :)

Phawx

They are not that cheap here in argentina, sadly :(

I don't have a card capable of playing games at 4k with good framerates anyway :)

Well there aren't any cards capable of doing 4k@60, even the GTX1080 :)

Edit: Also, I buy directly from Korea through eBay, so I would assume currency exchange would work fine. Though I'm not sure if customs would knock your wallet out.

Are we still posting desk pics?

I wasn't going to until I get a proper tv stand and maybe a new desk, but everyone else did so whatever.

Hey, you were the "gimme Ibuki" guy, weren't you?
Rumour is she's the May character; announcement on Tuesday, playable Thursday night?
Boxer is supposed to be revealed but only because he'll be in Story Mode when it drops in June.

Which probably means Juri is on hold til August. :(

Well there aren't any cards capable of doing 4k@60, even the GTX1080 :)

Edit: Also, I buy directly from Korea through eBay, so I would assume currency exchange would work fine. Though I'm not sure if customs would knock your wallet out.

We can't buy stuff from outside the country without getting screwed over by customs here (50% of the value of the product+shipping, plus you have to register as an importer and pray that the people at the customs offices don't steal your stuff)

Parsnip

Hey, you were the "gimme Ibuki" guy, weren't you?
Rumour is she's the May character; announcement on Tuesday, playable Thursday night?
Boxer is supposed to be revealed but only because he'll be in Story Mode when it drops in June.

Which probably means Juri is on hold til August. :(

Yup, no Ibuki no buy.
After Guile I theorized that they were going to continue with the order in which the teaser image had the characters in, but if Ibuki is next, then that theory is wrong.

Not that I would complain. :D

Yup, no Ibuki no buy.
After Guile I theorized that they were going to continue with the order in which the teaser image had the characters in, but if Ibuki is next, then that theory is wrong.

Not that I would complain. :D

They switched that when they released their roadmap; the rumour is that they're having trouble finishing some of Boxer's gameplay, so that's why they swapped.

Note: Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Boxer, Juri, Urien

Let me see if I can find the SRK post:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10795480/#Comment_10795480

Plaid_Unicorn said:
According to my source

Tuesday we will be getting a reveal of two characters, one will be playable by Thursday night, the other will be non playable and appear in the story mode.
Capcom isn't doing shit about no 8f.
Zenny shop will go online in June, before story mode
Ibuki alt is fanservice
New stage to be revealed in June.

The May character is Ibuki, reason being is Rog is still not done, some issue with some of his specials, still maybe will be hybrid with one qcb move.

Same source who revealed GG rev online update. Decided to throw some meat to the peasants right now.

That's a lot of desks and monitors. What is your job if you don't mind?

I'm a web developer. I had that TV because I was building an Android app for it, but the project eventually got scrapped and the TV went into one of our conference rooms. These days I have two 27" monitors and a smaller laptop screen (and a lot more toys).

I'm a web developer. I had that TV because I was building an Android app for it, but the project eventually got scrapped and the TV went into one of our conference rooms. These days I have two 27" monitors and a smaller laptop screen (and a lot more toys).
Web Developer. That sounds nice. And your workplace looks pretty clean, big and bright. Cool beans. There are a lot of folks here with programming jobs.

Tenrius

The Evil Within is legit. It feels like a proper RE4 sequel with serious SH vibes, which is not a bad thing either. Don't understand why this game got a mixed reception, really. I'm on Chapter 8, having a really good time generally.

Salsa

The Evil Within is legit. It feels like a proper RE4 sequel with serious SH vibes, which is not a bad thing either. Don't understand why this game got a mixed reception, really. I'm on Chapter 8, having a really good time generally.

cause people are dumb and weird

AHA-Lambda

Never understood why it got such a middling reception, it's a f*cking great game >_<

rtcn63

Part of it is gunplay. People are either in the camp of shooters like Uncharted/Max Payne 3/Alan Wake or those like RE4-6. I'm okay with the former, but much prefer the latter.

Jawmuncher

I thought the Evil Within was alright. The biggest problem is that it has ideas all over the place. You can tell Mikami was more focused on getting ideas he had thrown in than any cohesive adventure or story.

Would still be interested in a sequel, but it's far from the savior of Survival Horror people claim it to be. It's a decent horror game and the mixed reception is about right for it.

Momentary

Banned
Well... I'm about to just buy a custom built PC Case. There's nothing out there that meets my needs man. I'm about to go big on this 1080ti/Titan monster. This is like some legit stuff man. I've got to set up a Statement of Work and, if I decide to mass produce these for some weird reason, set up a license if I decide to mass produce this. Damn I'm excited. This build is probably going to take 6-9 months depending on how long the next cards take to hit. The case should be done in 2 to 3 months. I'm so excited man.

Grief.exe

The PC version had some issues at release too.

Well... I'm about to just buy a custom built PC Case. There's nothing out there that meets my needs man. I'm about to go big on this 1080ti/Titan monster.

What case? Are you going for an extreme water cooled build?

I'm getting my water cooling order together right now and I'm overwhelmed by the options available.

Momentary

Banned

What case? Are you going for an extreme water cooled build?

I'm getting my water cooling order together right now and I'm overwhelmed by the options available.

NFC will be making my case. They made the S4 Mini Case. The design will be a one off. I've got to write of a Statement of Work and promise not to dublicate the case for profit without working out some licensing. The case will be expensive as hell, but I wouldn't be happy any other way for this dream build of mine.

GPU and CPU will be water cooled and I'll do it myself with hard lines and using all EKWB products.

I don't recall any issues. It worked just fine for me and was my #2 GOTY for 2014. It was sitting at #1, but a late playthrough of DS1 because of the steamworks patch made me bump DS2 to the top.

I recall PC gamers being upset that the framerate was locked originally and that it was forced into letterbox ratio with the black bars, and while I preferred the game with both of those options enabled, it was far from unplayable in its released state and both of those "issues" were addressed relatively quickly via a patch.

Momentary

Banned
Okay... I know this is random... Anyone have a simple Statement of Work template? Everything I've found is like 15 pages long. I ain't doing that kind of work man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom