• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Anyone have any experience with G2A? Looking to pick up a cheap copy of MW2 and they have it the cheapest.
I've bought 2 dozen games from there, and so far I've had no invalid keys but recently I got 1 key revoked. It's basically Ebay for games. They also offer insurance for 1$ more and you should always look at each seller's rating.

C4rter

The video states a straight run through of the campaign is about 8 hours so that's already an improvement!

Sad to hear a shorter game is seen as an "improvement" nowadays. I had a lot of fun with the first game, played it one and a half times to get all the skills and perks.

AHA-Lambda

Sad to hear a shorter game is seen as an "improvement" nowadays. I had a lot of fun with the first game, played it one and a half times to get all the skills and perks.

Depends on the context, loads of people including myself criticise the first SW for being too long cos it's just so poorly paced

Depends on the game really. Some games drag on for too long. Shadow Warrior kind of did that by the end. I could name a few others I thought were guilty of this as well.

Every game doesn't have to be 40 hours long... if it's 10 hours and every minute is amazing, it's probably better than a 20 hour game that outstays its welcome.

I know quite a few people who felt that way about Shadow Warrior.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Depends on the game really. Some games drag on for too long. Shadow Warrior kind of did that by the end. I could name a few others I thought were guilty of this as well.

Every game doesn't have to be 40 hours long... if it's 10 hours and every minute is amazing, it's probably better than a 20 hour game that outstays its welcome.

I know quite a few people who felt that way about Shadow Warrior.

Alice would have been an amazing 10 hour game and instead is a good 20 hour game. Its still the most blatant example of this (for me of course) :/

Alice would have been an amazing 10 hour game and instead is a good 20 hour game. Its still the most blatant example of this (for me of course) :/

Two that I played in the last year or so that immediately come to mind when I think of "too long" are Wolfenstein: The New Order and Alien: Isolation.

Both very good games, but by t he time I was about 60-75% done, I was ready for them to be over.

One of the worst games in this regard, for me, isn't on PC (yet) though people want it to be and that's Okami (HD). From what I understand, it's actually 3 games in one, which is a great value... except they're all linked together, so by the time you finish with it, you feel like the game should've ended at least twice before at lthe 15 and 30 hour points.

---------

I'm no pro, but if any of y'all wanna see the fun you can have if you give into the urges to RIP AND TEAR... here you go:

http://www.robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/DOOM.m4.1.webm

http://www.robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/DOOM.m4.2.webm

Annubis

a1647ef0e2.png

Might be interesting to some of you

I hope you all don't think my avatar is
ny
annoying.

Humble stuffs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package -- MB-8FD126917EEA31B3 - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.
Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition -- MB-DA81E511F621BF41 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 2 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-0983A29366C290B7 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-E42BD0FB417479A4 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-0D8271D6CB5CB21F - Taken by hannes. 17 entrants total.

t1463802474z1.png

septicore

why do people put their big ass heavy PCs on their table? I ask cause I only ever see people on the internet do this, I don't know a soul (as far as I know) that actually puts their PC on the table, everyone I know puts it on the floor. Seems really annoying having it on the table when that space could be used for something else.

I do this because my table's width is like 2 metres long, enough to fit 3 monitors if I wanted to. Otherwise, I'll have my PC tower on the floor like a normal person. :)

Anteater

Syberia 3 looks fine, seems like the aesthetics are still there, don't think there's anything janky about it other than the animations need more polishing in a visual stand point which shouldn't be hard for a point and click adventure game. Think it actually looks nice.

I don't know what's going on in the story tho, thought the last chapter concluded the arc

Ozium

you guys are making me want to buy the evil within during the steam summer sale in the year of our lord two thousand sixteen

also rise of the tomb raider

Tenrius

A lot of people don't like feeling powerless in games, playing as characters who do things like miss shots.

There are some legit terrible bosses in this game. Otherwise I thought it was a nice return to form for action horror games. I always liked the Silent Hill approach where you can't rely on landing every shot, and avoiding enemies is often a good option.

I think basically every boss up to this point has pretty much been a tougher normal enemy who'd slowly walk towards you. That is to say, they were forgettable, but not really terrible. Definitely a step up from the first Pyramid Head fight in SH2, at least (which conveyed the idea of being helpless really well, but felt boring and confusing since there was so little space and no real indicaion that you just had to survive for a few minutes).

I also liked that the chainsaw guy fight had a nice twist: you could lure him outside and he'd kill the regular enemies there (and you could stealth kill him from behind after that). Outside of one particular sequence with bear traps shortly before the boxhead fight, I'm pretty okay with the bosses so far.

gabbo

Are there actual "communities" that *aren't* moba-level toxic?

Touche, but I recall the S2 communities being incredibly unfriendly to new people when I bought Savage1 and Savage2 (to say nothing of their actual moba, Heroes of Newerth). Beyond any other community I had seen before.

Anteater

some old school mmos have decent communities, ffxi did when I played it back then because that game basically force you to work with people if you want to progress, so most people have to be nice to each other to an extent, and a lot of shitty people give up before getting far (because there wasn't a match making system either).

mp1990

Banned
I know this is a bit of wishful thinking, but I really hope that Overwatch's community doesn't get toxic to a point where I can't stand it anymore

I've never had much contact with MP based games communities (the closest being some weird ass korean MMORPGs), but I remember when some of my friends were on a League of Legends high and boy that shit had an impact on them

Nabs

I know this is a bit of wishful thinking, but I really hope that Overwatch's community doesn't get toxic to a point where I can't stand it anymore

I've never had much contact with MP based games communities (the closest being some weird ass korean MMORPGs), but I remember when some of my friends were in a League of Legends high and boy that shit had an impact on them

It's going to turn toxic on day 2.

DasFool

I've never had much contact with MP based games communities (the closest being some weird ass korean MMORPGs), but I remember when some of my friends were on a League of Legends high and boy that shit had an impact on them

The relatively high barrier of entry and Blizzard's insane support (compared to Valve, at least) will most likely make this a non-issue.

This article explains how Blizzard set out to make friendly competition with this game, not toxicity.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I didnt even see anyone type anything in the beta :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom