• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

why do people put their big ass heavy PCs on their table? I ask cause I only ever see people on the internet do this, I don't know a soul (as far as I know) that actually puts their PC on the table, everyone I know puts it on the floor. Seems really annoying having it on the table when that space could be used for something else.

I always thought it was a dust issue. More crap gets in the fans etc. on the floor? I guess?

Volimar

You can have a beeer but you have to drink it over the sink.

another reason not to have like the case right next to ur ear is that u dont constantly wanna hear zooming

It always freaks me out hearing that. I'm like "Oh shit I'm taxing it too much!"

Anyone here play Wings of Vi? It's on sale for 5 bucks on chrono.gg and even though it has very positive reviews, the top reviews are negative and say the game is way too hard?

I bought it a while ago after seeing Dodger say it was a combination of tearing your hair out in frustration while being delighted by anime boobs, but like usual with Steam games I have too many so I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

tuxfool

Banned
why do people put their big ass heavy PCs on their table? I ask cause I only ever see people on the internet do this, I don't know a soul (as far as I know) that actually puts their PC on the table, everyone I know puts it on the floor. Seems really annoying having it on the table when that space could be used for something else.

I would like to put it on the floor, but as you can see from my picture I'd either put it in the middle of the doorway, or under my desk. Under my desk it would make spring and summer completely unbearable.

you guys and your gross "oh lets tidy up for pic" desks

why do I always gotta keep it real

nFqZBWR.jpg

Nice Daniel Johnston pillow toy thing man

Arthea

so steam
how valvetimeish long it'll take to fix that client of theirs. When even a client runs at 1 fps and people are OK with this, why they think 30fps locked is bad again?

edited: unrelated question
how exactly minimetro plays? is it strictly management or more puzzley?

so steam
how valvetimeish long it'll take to fix that client of theirs. When even a client runs at 1 fps and people are OK with this, why they think 30fps locked is bad again?

What are you talking about? Steam? It's currently equal to the second latest Chrome out there and it's super fast.

mp1990

Banned
I should get a new case, because... uhhhh... I did unspeakable things to mine lol (more precisely my 10 years old self)

I'm actually surprised that no one noticed it in my pic, I did a fine job hiding it

Arthea

What are you talking about? Steam? It's currently equal to the second latest Chrome out there and it's super fast.

I'm talking about steam client constantly freezing and navigating being a slide show.
apparently they already fixed that in beta but I don't use beta, hence a question

edited: it's also already two weeks while it's like this

edit2: wait chrome fast? oh, this was a troll post
oh well

zkylon

zkylewd
It always freaks me out hearing that. I'm like "Oh shit I'm taxing it too much!"
i hate everything about computers so yea, i'm always freaking out about something

Nice Daniel Johnston pillow toy thing man
i bought a daniel johntson cd once cos i heard a bright eyes cover of one of his songs and thought that's kinda cool

i don't think i had ever listened to "this person is super unstable" music before but it freaked me out and i dont wanna do it again

So... I got a high end graphcis card for the first time (390x) , I had a 280 before which broke after a couple of months. Anyways, I need some recommendations for PC exclusives , I got the card for FFXIV mainly & I have a few games from my humble bundle backlog. I like RPG's & FPS' but I play most other genre's & have played most of the multiplats on PS4. I get most of my indies on Vita. Also, are the skyrim mods for morrowind or Oblivion done yet?

Salsa

we took Daniel Johnston to a restaurant a buddy worked at after a show last year and we served him some meat and he flipped the plate in anger and asked for ice cream

he's great. big moment for me

Arthea

So... I got a high end graphcis card for the first time (390x) , I had a 280 before which broke after a couple of months. Anyways, I need some recommendations for PC exclusives , I got the card for FFXIV mainly & I have a few games from my humble bundle backlog. I like RPG's & FPS' but I play most other genre's & have played most of the multiplats on PS4. I get most of my indies on Vita. Also, are the skyrim mods for morrowind or Oblivion done yet?

If you are looking for RPGs, consider getting Divinity: Original SIn, it was steamgaf goty btw
As for mods, I'm not sure there is such a thing as done and Skyrim mods are plentiful, not sure about Morrowind and Oblivion.

My actual setup, my PC is on the floor next to the monitor to the right.
What's with the petroleum jelly and tissues so close.
If I did, I'd have to put my screen, keyboard, mouse, and speakers on the floor

Think I'll do it and see what the wife says
My desk is ginormous with 170cm x 60cm but I like it clean. Only mouse, keyboard and monitor on it. I have no speakers. DS3 on top of the case underneath the desk. Everything else in drawers right beside me.

Ozium

mine is on the floor to the left of my desk, with easy access to both the TV and my monitor..

I don't get why they have it on there either

mine is on the floor to the left of my desk, with easy access to both the TV and my monitor..

Its my modding PC brah! I used the red fan for more GPU power, the green for being eco friendly and the blue for good cooling, mate! Need to show that off, right?

I have high carpet and I used to have mine on my desk because the PSU would get real hot if I sat it on the carpet, now I have riser that it sits on and it's fine. So that might be why some people have it on their desks.

Ozium

I have high carpet and I used to have mine on my desk because the PSU would get real hot if I sat it on the carpet, now I have riser that it sits on and it's fine. So that might be why some people have it on their desks.

I have hardwood floors cuz I'm not a pleb

:)

you dont even need a riser just a plank of wood m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom