• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been binging on Penny Dreadful over the past few days and thought to myself last night, "I could really go for some AssCreed Syndicate", so I figured I'd try downloading the game again in hope that, by some miracle, the desync loop issue I was experiencing had been fixed in the weeks since I gave up.

It was fixed. The game was patched the day after I uninstalled it, which is a little annoying, but, hey, credit where credit is due: Thanks, Ubi!

Nzyme32

Finished DOOM (2016). It's really good. The beginning was a bit lame because everything looked the same and you didn't had much weapons, but from the second half on it became insanely fun. Definitely recommended. 100% Gameplay, 0% Nonsense.

Good to know. I got the game with my Mobo, but have yet to get a reasonable graphics card. Probably going to have to wait for the GTX 1070

I've been binging on Penny Dreadful over the past few days and thought to myself last night, "I could really go for some AssCreed Syndicate", so I figured I'd try downloading the game again in hope that, by some miracle, the desync loop issue I was experiencing had been fixed in the weeks since I gave up.

It was fixed. The game was patched the day after I uninstalled it, which is a little annoying, but, hey, credit where credit is due: Thanks, Ubi!
I'm starting third season soon, Eva Green is great on that show as usual.

Momentary

Banned
Well, I've taken over our coffee table in our 1 bedroom apartment until our house is finished in October. My wife hates the noise that come from my keyboard and arcade stick. Can't wait to have my game room/office with an actual desk and PC.

Set%20up_zpsv1tmzg2w.jpg

Hektor

Looks like Albino Lullaby is a bit in trouble.

Ep2 has been delayed from Jan 2016 to September 2016 because they don't have a way to fund it's development currently.

They're trying to push it with VR support and maybe an eventual Kickstarter. They'll be offering refunds if they can't find a way to secure it's completion.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/355860/discussions/0/371918937257521530/#c364041776199105073

Really unfortunate, the game reminded me of Tim Burton.

Ibuki

Banned
Well, I've taken over our coffee table in our 1 bedroom apartment until our house is finished in October. My wife hates the noise that come from my keyboard and arcade stick. Can't wait to have my game room/office with an actual desk and PC.

Set%20up_zpsv1tmzg2w.jpg

That is looking like quite the command center (even if it's temporary). Also your dog is cute.

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt245/solrahlx/Set%20up_zpsv1tmzg2w.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Whoa what happened to the stick? There's a big chunk missing.

Ban Puncher

Thinking about a getting new monitor and replacing my aging 24" Dell within the next two months.

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q or PG27AQ?

Open to other suggestions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and done with Salt and Sanctuary. 21 hours, with the last hour being mostly farming for weapon upgrade mats before finishing the game. Easily one of my GOTYs so far, Loved everything about it.

Now what to do for the next day and half ;_;

Anteater

should've bought wolfenstein last blood when it was 4 bucks, finished wolf and wanted to play it

Thinking about a getting new monitor and replacing my aging 24" Dell within the next two months.

buy mine, i got it from a corner store

rtcn63

and done with Salt and Sanctuary. 21 hours, with the last hour being mostly farming for weapon upgrade mats before finishing the game. Easily one of my GOTYs so far, Loved everything about it.

Now what to do for the next day and half ;_;

Flip your monitor upside-down and pretend you're playing Symphony of the Night?

bloke

I wish I could tell you to stick with DELL since they're the only monitor brand I'd never ever had problem with, but they don't have much besides S2716DG to offer when it comes gaming monitors.

Momentary

Banned
Your desks look a lot better than my pile of rubbish.

Yes I know the keyboard is in a state. I've had to go back to my old one recently.

When I was going to school I just used my bed and floor and used a hard cover book as a mouse pad. I'm an old ass man now.

I bought that same stick 8 years ago. It fell apart a week after I got it. But I replaced the buttons and lever after that happened.

Is that stock? I heard that they started manufacturing them a little better after the first batch.

I use the PG278Q
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G2KG1535&cm_re=pg278q-_-24-236-405-_-Product

And I love it. I don't know about the IPS version though. I've seen mixed reviews on it.

I'm eyeing their new 21:9 monitor right now. It just went on sale at Newegg. I'm trying real hard not to pull the trigger.

yuraya

I watched the first season of that show. Couldn't do anymore after that. It was just too boring.

Eva Green was great tho.

rtcn63

I watched the first season of that show. Couldn't do anymore after that. It was just too boring.

Eva Green was great tho.

Yeah, I stopped probably midway through the first season. Like Hartnett, Green, Piper, etc. but it wasn't all that interesting. And I really liked the premise.

gngf123

When I was going to school I just used my bed and floor and used a hard cover book as a mouse pad. I'm an old ass man now.

I bought that same stick 8 years ago. It fell apart a week after I got it. But I replaced the buttons and lever after that happened.

Is that stock? I heard that they started manufacturing them a little better after the first batch.

It is stock actually. Honestly, the original parts are functional but not that great, so it is probably best to mod it.

I will do it one day. The stick works fine still even after a few years of use, and currently I spend more time in my office than here. It'll do for now.

The keyboard is first priority. I had a nice mechanical, but I live with people and the MX blues annoyed them. Pretty sure this thing was a £5 keyboard from china about 10 years ago. Amazed it still even works.

rtcn63

does that mean it isn't very bad until the last couple areas lol

I'll try it out since I already bought it

It's a game you'll like or hate right away. Enemies are cheap, routinely respawning behind you mid-combat, but it's done to keep things "interesting". There's the loot/crafting aspect, though you'll probably end up grinding for money a lot just to keep your weapons repaired (well, if you use katanas).

The last Act is really short, rushed. I liked DI much more than L4D2 singleplayer. Still, it can be a *very* frustrating experience overall.

So, where do I go to ask questions about the performance of certain games on PC?

I'm looking at Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition from the humble sale and was wondering how it performs before I buy.

I have an R9 390 if that matters.

impact

Banned
does that mean it isn't very bad until the last couple areas lol

I'll try it out since I already bought it

It's like Oblivion or Skyrim with zombies and online co-op

I dunno why Dead Island gets shat on while Elder Scrolls are a 90+ metacritic when they play virtually the same.

We are monitor bros Panda Rin.

Also, since new page,

So, where do I go to ask questions about the performance of certain games on PC?

I'm looking at Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition from the humble sale and was wondering how it performs before I buy.

I have an R9 390 if that matters.

Eila

first deus ex is hella clunky

how do you knock a dude out from behind because he just keeps walking

I got through the game using mostly tranq darts tbh. The AI is goofy but the level designs are something special. There's so many ways to get around a level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom